Seeing people who are not visibily pregnant

Other Spiritually Transformative Experiences
mozmail

Seeing people who are not visibily pregnant

Post by mozmail »

I'm not sure if this makes any sense for this forum or website, but here it goes:

Up until I was in my mid-thirties, I had a sense of pregnant people in a different way than my peers. I wasn’t aware of this till I was 16 or so, when I congratulated my English teacher on her pregnancy. Thankfully this was at the end of a class and we were alone. She got extremely mad at me, red flushed and basically kicked me out of the empty class room. Looking back, she was about 2 weeks pregnant at the time and since that incident she didn’t trust me anymore I think for some reason.

Only in talking to a close friend at the time did I realize others could not see what I saw. Basically, at the time I compared it to a seeing black guy in a crowd (now probably we’d use different language and use BIPOC). Anyways, for my whole life I would notice people in malls, on the street etc. and notice they were (not visibly) pregnant. Not that it ever warranted mention, as the black guy in the crowd that all of us see doesn’t need to be called out either. We all see him walk by and think nothing of it.

I treated the pregnant women the same. I thought everyone saw this as well. So I never brought it up. Until the incident with my English teacher. Since then I’ve only told one person about this for fear of being called insane or what not. I have a handful of female friends and every time they were pregnant I ended it up mentioning it (phrased as a question) before they did, some to great surprise and usually delight.

In my mid forties the one friend I confided in about all this asked me whether it still “worked”. I hadn’t noticed, but somewhere along the line, I lost the ability. She always wondered if I lost it around the same time my own mum died. Who knows, it’s weird and useless really but mildly interesting. Maybe there are more people who have this.

Kevin
anthonychipoletti

Re: Seeing people who are not visibily pregnant

Post by anthonychipoletti »

Kevin, thanks for introducing me to the term BIPOC. Had not heard it before!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/BIPOC

Black, Indigenous, (and) People of Color

POC is widely used as an umbrella term for all people of color, but now a different acronym is suddenly gaining traction on the internet—BIPOC, which stands for Black, Indigenous, People of Color. People are using the term to acknowledge that not all people of color face equal levels of injustice. They say BIPOC is significant in recognizing that Black and Indigenous people are severely impacted by systemic racial injustices.
—Chevaz Clarke

In recent weeks, as protests against police brutality and racism have flooded the streets and social media, another more inclusive term has been ascribed to the population: BIPOC. The acronym stands for "black, Indigenous and people of color."
—Sandra E. Garcia

I DEFINITELY relate to your topic. After my NDE about age seven in 1945, I had a similar awareness of almost any aspect of human and physical experiences. Soon, of course, I realized that not everyone had the same awareness, or at least never mentioned it.

I stopped mentioning to anyone, probably before the age of ten, since I had gained a huge number of close contacts after my parents bought a home in 1945 which was also a grocery store and I had very close contact with hundreds of customers when we delivered to their homes.

Often people left their doors unlocked and had no fear of loss of privacy. This lack of fear seemed to last through the 1980s, then for some reason, by the 1990s, people became much more fearful and not only locked their doors however would never even answer a knock on the door.

Even though I lost or suppressed the ability to know private information about people with no apparent source of knowing, I still made some serious mistakes such as the one you mentioned about your teacher becoming angry. I had to learn to value their, and my own, privacy.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Zen Tzu
Site Admin

Re: Seeing people who are not visibily pregnant

Post by Zen Tzu »

Kevin, a warm welcome to the Forum! :) This ability of yours is quite interesting, thank you for sharing. When I was younger I sometimes had the ability to predict whether a baby would be born male or female merely by looking at the mother. I have found that there are times in our Earthly life that certain abilities quite possibly wax and wane to be replaced by more profound abilities as we mature. If I may ask, what other interesting abilities or experiences have you had?
~Dimmi con chi vai e ti diro`chi sei~