Soul Contract

Near-Death-Experiences, Near-Death-Like Experiences, Shared Death Experiences
DTR1975
Site Admin

Soul Contract

Post by DTR1975 »

I have seen the term "soul contract" in enough of these NDEs come up that I thought it merits explaining.
[https://innergrowthcenter.com/soul-contracts/]
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: Soul Contract

Post by DTR1975 »

If we have made a soul contract with the creator, then that is the answer to the question "Why are we here?" Unfortunately, none of us is born knowing what the terms of the contract say. Nor do we know what the payoff is for fulfilling it. Most of the NDEs I have heard that mention a soul contract report that the person having the NDE was shown the contract, but they forget what it says as soon as they return to their body. So we are left right back at the original question: "why am I here?" Is there a way that we can figure out what we are supposed to do or learn? I am mostly writing this as an attempt to articulate my own thoughts on the matter.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Thanks for posting about this topic, Derek. I have never had a near-death experience, but I have had quite a few spiritually transformative experiences, including bre-birth memories, which have reminded me of the very profound soul connection existing with my husband and son, along with a number of family members and with ancestors I have never met in this life.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

I posted the link that I did because I wanted to provide people with a basic definition of what a soul contract was: A hypothetical pre-birth agreement that certain things would happen during a person's lifetime and an agreement that they would attempt to learn certain lessons. After taking a more detailed look at the link, I have concluded that they get real weird with the concept: individuals becoming stars and planets, families becoming galaxies, animal soul contracts, breaking and modifying obsolete contracts, and negative contracts that are the key to understanding problems we have in life.
At this point, I still think the idea of a soul contract is a hypothetical one, and I'm certainly not convinced that we should attempt to build an elaborate system of understanding them.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Hello, Derek. Could you post an example of “negative contract”?
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

I couldn't find any specific examples, but this comes from the link I posted:

[
Identifying Negative Soul Contracts
Identifying negative soul contracts involves a deep dive into one’s personal history to uncover patterns that consistently hinder growth or cause pain. This process is integral for understanding the contracts we unconsciously adhere to, which may negatively influence our life experiences.

Recognizing Harmful Patterns: The first step is noticing repetitive negative patterns in life, such as consistent challenges in relationships or career.
Introspection and Awareness: Increased self-awareness, through methods like meditation and journaling, can help uncover the underlying soul contracts causing these patterns.
Seeking Guidance: Consulting with spiritual counselors or therapists can provide deeper insights into these contracts.
Signs of a Negative Soul Contract
Recognizing the signs of a negative soul contract is crucial in the journey towards spiritual freedom. These signs often manifest as recurring difficulties or feelings of being stuck in a cycle that doesn’t serve one’s higher purpose.

Energetic Drainage: Feeling perpetually drained or trapped in situations that don’t align with one’s true self.
Repeated Obstacles: Encountering similar challenges repeatedly, despite efforts to overcome them.
Misalignment with Self: A deep sense that certain life aspects are not in harmony with one’s true purpose or desires.]
Then there is this one:
[https://revivalist.com/negative-soul-contract/
]

Some of this stuff is just too far out there for me; I don't know what they are using as the basis for their model.
I don't how they are getting this information.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Thanks for the link, Derek. While it is true that we can develop unhealthy relationships in our physical life, it is indeed difficult for me to believe that something “negative” could ever be at the root of an agreement made at a soul level. I feel our souls live in a realm of love and abundance and the idea of a “negative soul contract” suggests to me the opposite notion of scarcity.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

The cynical part of me leans to it being a money making scheme by trying to introduce a "spiritual therapy" system. Introduce a problem and a solution to the problem along with it. For a price, of course.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

DTR1975 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm The cynical part of me leans to it being a money making scheme by trying to introduce a "spiritual therapy" system. Introduce a problem and a solution to the problem along with it. For a price, of course.
Exactly! The article from innergrowthcenter.com I read to start with made sense to me, even though I didn’t quite like the word “contract”, because it suggests a connection with money and business.
Soul contracts, despite their seemingly rigid name, are far from restrictive agreements. They are fluid accords between souls, crafted to enrich and elevate each participant in this physical plane.

These contracts are not about winning or losing; they’re about mutual growth and learning, designed for the collective advancement of all involved.

These soul agreements are starkly different from the earthly contracts you might be accustomed to, laden with fine print and hidden clauses.

In the spiritual realm, you hold the reins.

You have the power to shape these contracts, agreeing only to what resonates with your highest self.

In this journey, you are protected, empowered, and perpetually guided towards your soul’s true purpose.
You see? This makes sense to me.

However, whenever human ideas suggesting scarcity, energy deprivation, loss of control are underlined in order to suggest that there is competition between ourselves and our soulmates, I become suspicious as to the real nature of the Big Picture that the person offering support and services is actually suggesting.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Giulia wrote: ↑Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am
DTR1975 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm The cynical part of me leans to it being a money making scheme by trying to introduce a "spiritual therapy" system. Introduce a problem and a solution to the problem along with it. For a price, of course.
Exactly! The article from innergrowthcenter.com I read to start with made sense to me, even though I didn’t quite like the word “contract”, because it suggests a connection with money and business.
Soul contracts, despite their seemingly rigid name, are far from restrictive agreements. They are fluid accords between souls, crafted to enrich and elevate each participant in this physical plane.

These contracts are not about winning or losing; they’re about mutual growth and learning, designed for the collective advancement of all involved.

These soul agreements are starkly different from the earthly contracts you might be accustomed to, laden with fine print and hidden clauses.

In the spiritual realm, you hold the reins.

You have the power to shape these contracts, agreeing only to what resonates with your highest self.

In this journey, you are protected, empowered, and perpetually guided towards your soul’s true purpose.
You see? This makes sense to me.

However, whenever human ideas suggesting scarcity, energy deprivation, loss of control are underlined in order to suggest that there is competition between ourselves and our soulmates, I become suspicious as to the real nature of the Big Picture that the person offering support and services is actually suggesting.
Yeah, everything in Western Civilization is just about making money. That's why I stopped practicing psychology. It's all one big grift.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨