Soul Contract

Near-Death-Experiences, Near-Death-Like Experiences, Shared Death Experiences
HCStewart

Re: Soul Contract

Post by HCStewart »

DTR1975 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:15 pm If we have made a soul contract with the creator, then that is the answer to the question "Why are we here?" Unfortunately, none of us is born knowing what the terms of the contract say. Nor do we know what the payoff is for fulfilling it. Most of the NDEs I have heard that mention a soul contract report that the person having the NDE was shown the contract, but they forget what it says as soon as they return to their body. So we are left right back at the original question: "why am I here?" Is there a way that we can figure out what we are supposed to do or learn? I am mostly writing this as an attempt to articulate my own thoughts on the matter.
I think we are here to learn stuff we can't learn anywhere else.
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

HCStewart wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm I think we are here to learn stuff we can't learn anywhere else.
I think this is a good point. When we are pure spirit immersed in the Spirit World filled with love, harmony and peace, we do not appreciate a number of things that the physical plane involves, such as courage, determination, unconditional love, forgiveness, partnership, cooperation, making plans, achieving goals and so on.

Near-death experiences illustrate this point. For instance the spirit being that Dannion Brinkley met in his NDE told him that humans are all heroes and heroines, because they have the courage that purely spirit beings don’t have, to go and co-create with God.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

If the concept of the Soul Contract is in fact a reality, is there any way that we could logically deduce some of the terms of it in THIS life? Or could we figure out what motivates our higher self based on the things that motivate us now? I don't know.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Hello, Derek. I have recently found some good answers to your question by researching the Japanese word “IKIGAI”. Near-death experiencers often complain that they were shown their life mission but were not allowed to remember it. I think there are many ways we can discover it by working on our core interests, passions and inclinations. I am reading a booklet by Bettina Lemke about IKIGAI which has helped me a lot to focus and research my mission. I am not sure that the booklet is available in English, but I would be surprised if it wasn’t.

For instance I have published seven books about life beyond this life, I have a website where I have shared my opinion on the topic for a number of years, I have offered volunteer online grief support since 2002, but now I have started realizing that I was doing all this out of a need to be of service to others to the detriment of researching the subject for my own puposes. Or maybe my life contract has now changed.

I recommend you research IKIGAI as it can offer a lot of energy and motivation to discover our core life mission.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Thank you Giulia, I'll check it out.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

HCStewart wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm
DTR1975 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:15 pm If we have made a soul contract with the creator, then that is the answer to the question "Why are we here?" Unfortunately, none of us is born knowing what the terms of the contract say. Nor do we know what the payoff is for fulfilling it. Most of the NDEs I have heard that mention a soul contract report that the person having the NDE was shown the contract, but they forget what it says as soon as they return to their body. So we are left right back at the original question: "why am I here?" Is there a way that we can figure out what we are supposed to do or learn? I am mostly writing this as an attempt to articulate my own thoughts on the matter.
I think we are here to learn stuff we can't learn anywhere else.
I think you are right about learning stuff here we can't learn anywhere else. So what can we learn here that we can't learn anywhere else? And why?
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Ok Giulia,
I looked up Ikigai. In concept, it roughly translates to a life purpose or a reason for being. Key facets of it are Mission, Passion, Profession, Talent. So if we can define what these areas of our lives are, then we could at least logically assume that they relate to what is in the soul contract. I am going to toss out Profession, because there are just to many variables involved: availability of jobs, socioeconomic circumstances, availability of educational opportunities, and financial circumstances. And there is no shortage of people who hate their jobs, myself included. Now Talent is a mixed bag, and would depend on whether or not the person knows what their talent is. So Mission and Passion would seem, at least to me, to be the most reliable indicators of what is in your soul contract. So you have to figure out what your mission and passion are. I'm am not sure that I know what those are, at least in my life yet.
-𝔇𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔨
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

https://youtu.be/ON9ZN6bgRW4

Animated VIDEO message from Héctor García and Francesc Miralles' book 'Ikigai.'

Unlock your purpose: IKIGAI by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles | Core Message

PDF of Insights from Ikigai by Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16goaeO ... sp=sharing
My posts are only my opinions. They do NOT represent anyone else. They refer only to my own life. It is NOT my intention to change anyone's beliefs. - Anthony Chipoletti
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

https://grief2growth.circle.so/home
Grief 2 Growth News
from Brian D. Smith, Certified Grief Educator | Positive Intelligence Coach

What do you think about soul planning/soul contracts? Yay or nay? 100% binding or is there wiggle room?

This is an interesting question to ponder. But I have a question I ask when trying to fathom what's probably unfathomable in this lifetime. That question is, "So what?"

Yay
What if everything is planned? We can't recall the plan. We have to live as if there is no plan or a least one we don't know. If you believe everything is planned, it does make it easier to ask, "What am I to learn from this?" or "What am I to do with this?" That's a benefit of this belief.

Nay
What if you don't believe that everything is planned? Well, you can still ask, "What CAN I learn from this?" or "What CAN I do with this?" It's a subtle difference. But, the result is the same.

Bottom Line
As for me, I'm a both/and on questions like this. A strong case can be made for life being random or at least allowing for free will. An equally strong case can be made that everything is working out according to a Grand Design. Just like light is both a particle and a wave, depending on your perspective. I think it's both, somehow. There is a dance of free will and Design with the latter allowing for the former.

Whatever your take on the Big Question, Free Will or Grand Design, you get to choose what you do when life throws a challenge at you. What will you do with it?
My posts are only my opinions. They do NOT represent anyone else. They refer only to my own life. It is NOT my intention to change anyone's beliefs. - Anthony Chipoletti
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

My opinion: Everyone has complete freedom to identify themselves and define their experiences.

I believe we have free will ONLY in our spiritual experience such as an NDEr having instant control.

ALL of our freedom is within the intangible awareness of our spiritual stories which never repeat.

ALL physicality is simply a memory cloud which serves our spirits by creating and adapting our stories.

We are never away from the Divine Presence in our spiritual awareness and in our physical memories.