Hello from New York

Post your introduction and tell us a little something about yourself
LostPerson

Hello from New York

Post by LostPerson »

Hi I am trying to find out why life exists, whether or not Jesus is real or not, and I think this might be an interesting site related to it. NDE's have always fascinated me.
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Hello from New York

Post by Giulia »

Hello, Lost and welcome to the forum.

I was raised as a Christian and I find that Jesus' core teaching, the so-called Golden Rule, can be found inside all the main religions, schools of thought, and philosophies everywhere in the world and in all time periods. Here are a few in alphabetical order.

Baha’ì: “Blessed is who prefers his brother to himself” (Bahà’u’llàh tablets – 19th century).
Buddhism: “Whatever is disagreeable to yourself, do not do unto others” (The Buddha, Udana-Varga 5.18 – 6th century BC).
Confucianism: “Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you” (Confucius, Analects 15.23 – 5th century BC).
Christianity: “You shall love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” (Gospel of Matthew 22, 36-40 – 1st century CE).
Judaism: “What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow-man. This is the entire Law, all the rest is commentary” (Talmud, Shabbat 3id – 16th century BC).
Gandhi: “To see the universal and all-pervading Spirit of Truth face to face, one must be able to love the meanest of all creation as oneself” (translated from: Il mio credo, il mio pensiero, Newton Compton, Rome 1992, page 70 – 20th century).
Jainism: “In happiness and sorrow, in joy and in pain, we should consider every creature as we consider ourselves” (Mahavira, 24th Tirthankara – 6th century BC).
Judaism: “Never do to anyone else anything that you would not want someone to do to you” (Tobias 4, 15 – 3rd century BC).
Hinduism: “This is the sum of duty. Do not unto others that which would cause you pain if done to you” (Mahabharata 5, 1517 – 15th century BC).
Islam: “None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself” (Hadith 13, The Forty Hadith of Imam Nawawi – 7th century).
Native Americans: “Respect for every form of life is the foundation”(The Big Law of Peace– 16th century).
Plato: “I can do to others what I’d like them to do to me” (5th century BC).
Yoruba wise saying (West Africa): “If somebody stings a bird with a sharp stick, should be first try it on himself and realise how badly it hurts”.
Seneca: “Treat your inferiors as you would be treated by your betters” (Letter 47 11 – 1st century).
Shintoism: “Be charitable to all beings, love is the representation of God” (approximately 500 CE: Ko-ji-ki Hachiman Kasuga – 8th century BC)
Sikhism: “I am a stranger to no one, and no one is a stranger to me. Indeed, I am a friend to all” (Guru Granth Sahib, religious scripture of Sikhism, p. 1299 – 15th century).
Voltaire: “Put yourself in the other person's shoes” (Letters on the English, n.42).
Zoroastrianism: “Do not do to others what is harmful for yourself” (Shayast-na-Shayast 13, 29 – between 18 and 15 century BC).

This is also the message that NDErs receive in their close brush with death.

I look forward to talking with you about this fascinating topic, as I have had the opportunity to meet Jesus in dreams and out-of-body experiences.
Zen Tzu
Site Admin

Post by Zen Tzu »

Hello Lost and welcome to the Forum :)
~Dimmi con chi vai e ti diro`chi sei~
Andrea
Site Admin

Post by Andrea »

Is Jesus real? Is God real? To me, there are two possible ways to search for an answer. One way is outside ourselves: looking for God, for Jesus, for whoever or whatever we'd like to know about, out there in the universe, is tough. The universe is a huge place, we are small indeed. I don't know if anyone will ever be able to perform such a difficult mission.
The other way is a shortcut, and a very convenient one. It is the way that goes inside of us. And it rests on an easy equation: if God is real, then I am God. If Jesus is real, then he's living inside myself.
I'm not saying that the universe inside myself is a much smaller place than the universe outside. Even this task is not as easy as one may think. But, inside myself I'm not small. I am the light. I am the space. I am Love. Inside myself, I learn that I can be what I really want to be.
Am I God? Are you? And I mean: for real? Is the real Jesus living inside me?
I haven't found him yet, to be honest. But that's for a reason: I never really started looking for him. I'm hiding behind the veil, giving priority to other stuff. My family, my friends, my day-to-day life. I try to keep grounded, 'cause I know what happens when I'm not. But when I close my eyes, when I try to calm down the flight's turbolence and to find peace for a second, than I feel I was there. I was on the crucifix, and I also was the one killing Him. I feel I was, and I feel all humanity was. Separation is an illusion. We are one. Are we not?
anthonychipoletti

Post by anthonychipoletti »

Lost, here is my opinion about why LIFE exists.

We exist as LIFE itself !!

LIFE is eternal, infinite, intangible, silent, spiritual awareness which has existed forever.

LIFE is the freedom to add meaning to one's own LIFE.

Jesus is eternal, infinite, intangible, silent, spiritual awareness, which is my definition of LIFE.

LIFE creates physicality, tangibility and humanity as a work of art.
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychipoletti

Post by anthonychipoletti »

Lost, when I have a difficult question, I often ask Google Bard, an artificial intelligence search engine which gives three different answers almost instantly. It is usually very helpful, however, it is only a search engine and might make mistakes :)

https://bard.google.com/

Bard: Speculate about why life exists, and whether or not Jesus is real.

There are many different theories about why life exists. Some scientists believe that life arose from non-living matter through a process of chemical evolution. Others believe that life was brought to Earth from another planet. Still others believe that life is a divine creation.

There is no scientific consensus on why life exists, and the question is likely to remain a mystery for many years to come. However, the fact that life does exist is a testament to the power of nature and the resilience of living organisms.

As for whether or not Jesus is real, there is no definitive answer. There is historical evidence that Jesus of Nazareth was a real person who lived in the first century AD. However, there is no scientific evidence to support the claims made about Jesus in the Bible.

Ultimately, the question of whether or not Jesus is real is a matter of faith. Some people believe that Jesus was the Son of God and that he rose from the dead. Others believe that Jesus was a great teacher and prophet, but that he was not divine.

There is no right or wrong answer to the question of whether or not Jesus is real. It is a matter of personal belief.
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Zen Tzu
Site Admin

Post by Zen Tzu »

LostPerson wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:36 am Hi I am trying to find out why life exists, whether or not Jesus is real or not, and I think this might be an interesting site related to it. NDE's have always fascinated me.
Lost, my belief is that all will be revealed, once our physical life here on Earth is done, when we transition "Home".
Some are fortunate to receive glimpses while here, and I am one of them :)
~Dimmi con chi vai e ti diro`chi sei~