What is The Afterlife ??

Beliefs, Experiences and Scientific Findings about the Afterlife
anthonychipoletti

Re: What is The Afterlife ??

Post by anthonychipoletti »

Giulia, This article explains some of my ideas about why we can see God in every aspect of life, while some of our human experiences seem like God is not present ?? This is one of the reasons that I admire Dorothy Day and why I enjoy Joan Osborne's song WHAT IF GOD WAS ONE OF US !! Dorothy Day and Catherine Doherty both believed that God was completely present even in the most ordinary person. I am pretty sure that is what Dorothy meant when she said DON'T CALL ME A SAINT, which means ALL of reality is sacred. [Including our imagination, our real life, our mistakes, our illusions, our dreams, EVERYTHING is sacred !!]

https://www.wired.com/story/is-it-real- ... ifference/

... reality is a construct of the brain.

“Underneath our skull, everything is made up,” Muckli said. “We entirely construct the world, in its richness and detail and color and sound and content and excitement. … It is created by our neurons.”

That means one person’s reality is going to be different from another person’s, Dijkstra said: “The line between imagination and reality is just not so solid.”

We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychipoletti

Giulia, here is my current belief:

All of the true reality, which is the complete presence of God, has ALWAYS been exactly as it is now, an infinite set of real experiences which never pause nor repeat, there is no boredom :) there is our distraction which seems like we are alone ??

ALL distractions of ANY kind are simply a construct of our brains being too worried about physicality or some other aspect of life which is probably something we imagined or projected into an imaginary place of danger or dreaming we are alone.

To me, this means ALL creation myths, religions, sciences, ANYTHING other than the true reality, which is our complete presence with God, are simply a distraction, a dream process which, if it sees any separation from God EVER, it is false ??

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychipoletti

https://sanjindumisic.com/alan-watts-on ... d-answers/

Question – What is not God?

Alan Watts – What is not God? There is nothing that is not God. And when you know your like everybody’s dream of the sultan and the paradise you suddenly notice there’s a button labeled ‘Surprise’. You push that – and here we are.

'...and now I'm sure that most of you know

the old story about the astronaut

who went far out into space and was

asked on his return whether he had been

to heaven and seen God

and he said yes

and so they said to him well what about

God and he said she is black

and although this is a very well-known

and well-worn story it is very profound

because

I knew a monk

who

started out in life as pretty much of an

agnostic or an atheist

and then he began to read:

https://academic.oup.com/book/46124/cha ... m=fulltext

'...This chapter discusses Creative Evolution, Bergson’s most widely read and controversial book. A look at the history of vitalism exposes the misunderstanding of Bergson as a vitalist. His opposition to Darwin is opposition to mechanical biology, though his arguments are not entirely successful. Élan vital is Bergson’s term for an event that initiated with terrestrial life, unleashing an immanent tendency that presses life to all its diversity. Intelligence and instinct are two lines in which evolution has been most progressive, culminating respectively in human beings and the Hymenoptera. Humanity is challenged to advance the vital élan, which can no longer progress through speciation, requiring instead the deliberate efforts of science and technology. Evolution includes cosmology, where Bergson’s ideas anticipate features of the later Big Bang theory. Bergson and Nietzsche were pioneers in evolutionary epistemology, and the chapter closes with a comparison of their ideas on being, becoming, and eternal return...'

Allen, Barry, 'Élan Vital', Living in Time: The Philosophy of Henri Bergson (New York, 2023; online edn, Oxford Academic, 18 May 2023), https://doi.org/10.1093/oso/9780197671610.003.0004 accessed 16 Aug. 2023.