Mental Imagery: Going to the Movies in Your Head [or not ??]

Beliefs, Experiences and Scientific Facts about Manifestation and the Law of Attraction
anthonychipoletti

Mental Imagery: Going to the Movies in Your Head [or not ??]

Post by anthonychipoletti »

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... -movies-in

Anna-Lisa Cohen Ph.D.

Remembering the Past and Imagining the Future

IMAGINATION

Mental Imagery: Going to the Movies in Your Head

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... the-future

How visualizing the future can help professional athletes and you.

Posted September 25, 2023 | Reviewed by Davia Sills
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Mental Imagery: Going to the Movies in Your Head

Post by Giulia »

Hello, Tony. Thanks for posting this blog post by Anna-Lisa Cohen.

Overall, Cohen's blog post provides a good overview of the connection between remembering the past and imagining the future. She argues that imagination is a powerful tool that can help us to plan for the future, set goals, and cope with stress and anxiety.

I absolutely agree that imagination is a powerful tool: in fact I feel it is one of the most powerful we have available.

Since I am interested in the Law of Attraction and manifestation, I have learnt that immagination is the key. From this perspective, remembering the past is not always helpful, especially if the memory does not reinforce our self esteem and positive expectation for the future. On the other hand, by going to the movies in our head to visualize positive expectations as if the desired events were happening now is of tremendous value.
anthonychipoletti

Giulia wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am Hello, Tony. Thanks for posting this blog post by Anna-Lisa Cohen.

Overall, Cohen's blog post provides a good overview of the connection between remembering the past and imagining the future. She argues that imagination is a powerful tool that can help us to plan for the future, set goals, and cope with stress and anxiety.

I absolutely agree that imagination is a powerful tool: in fact I feel it is one of the most powerful we have available.

Since I am interested in the Law of Attraction and manifestation, I have learnt that immagination is the key. From this perspective, remembering the past is not always helpful, especially if the memory does not reinforce our self esteem and positive expectation for the future. On the other hand, by going to the movies in our head to visualize positive expectations as if the desired events were happening now is of tremendous value.
https://www.newtraderu.com/2023/10/02/h ... ps-habits/

How To Train Yourself To Visualize Anything (6 Simple Tips & Habits) By Joseph Burns

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychipoletti

Giulia, I am sure that forgetting many things in the past is an important part of remembering many things in the past :)

anthonychipoletti

https://austinkleon.com/2023/10/03/disc ... phantasia/

Discovering aphantasia

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Austin Kleon is a writer who draws.

He’s the bestselling author of Steal Like An Artist and other books. https://austinkleon.com/about/
It appears that the writer John Green has recently discovered that he has aphantasia — “when your brain doesn’t form or use mental images as part of your thinking or imagination.”

(The opposite of aphantasia is “ hyperphantasia,” or having extremely vivid mental imagery. Most of us exist on a spectrum somewhere in the middle.)