A distinction between spirituality and religion

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: A distinction between spirituality and religion

Post by Giulia »

Thanks for your summary, Tony.

Speaking about out-of-the-body experiences, I may just add that, when I am exploring the astral version of my house, or other dimensions, such as those where I meet my deceased loved ones, there always appears to be much more space and "things", usually very beautiful things and spaces. Assuming astral matter is finer than physical matter, I still feel this is a creation of our incarnate selves, which I have had the privilege of experiencing so many times. To a finer degree I can perceive these things and spaces in my lucid dreams, dreams and daydreams. When I am in a hypnagogic state I can happen to perceive what people are doing beyond the physical plane, which is really exciting.

In my case the term "work of art" is not exactly what comes to mind: what I perceive beyond the physical plane seems to be the sort of evidence scientists might be interested in analysing one day.

As to Religion, it seems to me more like a preconceived box humans use in order to feel at ease with their spiritual quest. Yes, humans may still experience freedom when exploring the box, but it feels more challenging.
anthonychipoletti

Post by anthonychipoletti »

WOW !! You did it again :) For some reason, I never imagined that, when the limits of our human perception are not there, our perception is expanded and we are able to see actual conditions. I also was missing the whole idea that our perception, during NDEs, OBEs etc., is seeing actual conditions. For some reason, I was thinking that perceptions during these events were imaginary because each person seems to describe their NDEs etc. in unique detail, often based on their previous beliefs, such as the Buddhist Monks witnessing hell. I still respect the power and value of imagination, I will just have to adjust my definition of what is REAL :)
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Hi, Tony. I have the highest respect for IMAGINATION. The way I see it, IMAGINATION is a CREATIVE TOOL that incarnate and discarnate beings have in common, and, in after-death communication, for instance, is the first tool our loved ones on the other side use to communicate with us on ‘this’ side.
anthonychipoletti

Giulia, I imagine that my loved ones who communicated with me especially in my ADCs used their imagination :)
Giulia wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:24 pm Hi, Tony. I have the highest respect for IMAGINATION. The way I see it, IMAGINATION is a CREATIVE TOOL that incarnate and discarnate beings have in common, and, in after-death communication, for instance, is the first tool our loved ones on the other side use to communicate with us on ‘this’ side.
anthonychipoletti

Giulia, to be clear, I believe IMAGINATION is ACTUALITY, it is the basis for our existence and is the power which enables our relationship with Divine Source.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.