A distinction between spirituality and religion

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
anthonychipoletti

Re: A distinction between spirituality and religion

Post by anthonychipoletti »

Dmartin, I wanted to be clear about why I think the nonsense exists in humanity and physicality. [wars, crime etc.]

I think it is to serve as a contrast to the peacefulness and well-being in our spiritual experiences.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:03 am Dmartin, if we can, please allow our communication here in the forum to start over from now :)

Dmartin: Well, my communication isn't going to change. I doubt yours will either?

I was thinking you were my twitter friend, Ron, and now I know you are not my twitter friend, Ron :)

Dmartin: Yes, I know. Even so your communication isn't going to be different, right? So, I don't think it made any difference.

I was trying to say that you might not understand that ANY other people are free to believe ANYTHING.

Dmartin: Yes, you've said that. I told you I was on that discussion list for over twenty-five years and I communicated with many different beliefs. I understood they were free to do that.

To be honest about your ideas, you seem to be saying there is only one way to believe and no other way.

Dmartin: Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. This is the narrow way to believe on Him no other man has this way. Men/people have their own way/s to believe on Him this is the broad way. So, I know there is more than one way to believe.

This seems very frightening to me because I have had many spiritual experiences from many cultures.

Here are some of my experiences with different cultures: viewtopic.php?t=640

Dmartin: You post a lot of quotes. Sorry I'm not reading them much since the two we discussed about the brain-heart quotes.

Also I am VERY confused about your idea of helping people understand their NDEs or other spirituality.

I think you know by now NO ONE here is going to comment or post very much because of privacy issues.

Dmartin: Yes, I see that. No one is going to post so it doesn't matter what I've said about helping them to understand their NDEs.

If you could say in a few simple sentences with no quotes of any kind, what you can help us understand?

Dmartin: You mean with no references/quotes from Scripture. I've not been posting other kind/s of quotes. If I were to speak or have thoughts apart from Scripture to reply to you there would be nothing I have to help you/few posters understand.

Anthony Chipoletti wrote:
I cannot really explain to you how frightened I am of your ideas about defining others' [BELIEFS] !!
Dmartin wrote:
Dmartin: Oh, who are the others? Maybe I can take away that fright?
anthonychipoletti

I have not lived for 85 years :) There is no such thing as a year in my spirit :)

My brain may think it has existed for 85 years, however that is a memory cloud of events which all happened in the now.

I disagree with the idea of the angry God Who hates atheists, agnostics, freethinkers, unbelievers etc.:

This so-called angry God has no sense of humor :) and I am absolutely certain that God has the best sense of humor :)

For example, an atheist who says God is a flying spaghetti monster dies or has a profound NDE, what would God look like?

Yes, God would be a flying spaghetti monster during that atheist's NDE or far death experience while greeting them :)
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychipoletti

Dmartin, thanks for answering !! NO NO NO I meant NO quotes AT ALL, your last post is confusing because it is ALL quotes.
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anthonychipoletti

I understand that people are free to be here and not post or comment.
Last edited by anthonychipoletti on Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

anthonychipoletti

Dmartin, thanks for explaining your respect for the Scripture as a source of help !!

You probably won't believe this either: I respect your respect for Scripture :)

My sister is my only sibling and we love and respect each other deeply.

She also has this same type of devotion to Scripture and rejects all my opinions :)

anthonychipoletti

Dmartin, my communication has changed after seeing your comments etc.

I changed my signature on over 600 comments because of your comments!

Not only that, I had to check and edit all 600 comments for any confusion.

MANY of my sentences have confusing structure which is then confused in translation.

This is important here in the forum because many members translate to other languages and may not get any meaning from translating my confusing language.

Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: Um, this was a strange reply. I didn't say or imply that God is angry. I didn't talk about any unbelievers.
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:43 pm Dmartin, a couple of things :) NO NO NO I have not lived for 85 years :) There is no such thing as a year in my spirit :)

My brain may think it has existed for 85 years, however that is a memory cloud of events which all happened in the now.

Secondly, why I disagree with the idea of the angry God Who hates atheists, agnostics, freethinkers, unbelievers etc.:

This so-called angry God has no sense of humor :) and I am absolutely certain that God has the best sense of humor :)

For example, an atheist who says God is a flying spaghetti monster dies or has a profound NDE, what would God look like?

Yes, God would be a flying spaghetti monster during that atheist's NDE or far death experience while greeting them :)
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: My last post is ALL quotes? From whom?
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:50 pm Dmartin, thanks for answering !! NO NO NO I meant NO quotes AT ALL, your last post is confusing because it is ALL quotes.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: That has occurred to me that people haven't commented on your posts all along :) I'm not complaining either.
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:55 pm Dmartin, I understand your answer about people not commenting. However, you posted a few topics that people did not comment on :) I posted 600 topics or comments that people did not comment on :)

I am not complaining !! I understand that people are free to be here and not post or comment.