Cultivating the Liminal Time Between Sleep and Waking

anthonychipoletti

Cultivating the Liminal Time Between Sleep and Waking

Post by anthonychipoletti »

https://bard.google.com/

NOTE: CONTENT GENERATED FROM BARD.

This topic was formed from the topic here:

Jan30th/viewtopic.php?t=667

Rodulf suggested: Develop a forum topic to cultivate the liminal time between sleep and waking as a meditation and do other inner work focusing on developing the early morning time with self-made, brainwave entrainment meditations.

Bard suggested: Forum Topic: Cultivating the Liminal Time Between Sleep and Waking

The liminal time between sleep and waking is a unique state of consciousness that can be used for meditation and inner work. During this time, we are neither fully asleep nor fully awake, and our minds are more open and receptive to suggestion. This can be a powerful time for self-hypnosis, visualization, and other forms of inner work.

One way to cultivate the liminal time between sleep and waking is to use brainwave entrainment meditations. These meditations use sound or light to guide your brainwaves into a specific state of consciousness. There are many different types of brainwave entrainment meditations available, but some of the most popular ones for meditation and inner work include:

Alpha waves: Alpha waves are associated with a relaxed and meditative state of mind. They are also associated with creativity and problem-solving.

Theta waves: Theta waves are associated with deep relaxation and hypnagogia, the state of consciousness between waking and dreaming. They are also associated with intuition and subconscious processing.

Delta waves: Delta waves are associated with deep sleep. They are also associated with healing and regeneration.

To use brainwave entrainment meditations for the liminal time between sleep and waking, simply listen to a meditation track for 10-20 minutes before bed.

You can also use a light-based brainwave entrainment device, such as a Muse headband.

Here is a simple self-made brainwave entrainment meditation that you can use to cultivate the liminal time between sleep and waking:

Lie down in a comfortable position and close your eyes.

Take a few deep breaths and relax your body.

Begin to visualize a white light flowing into your body through the top of your head.

As the light flows into your body, imagine that it is washing away all of your worries and stress.

Continue to visualize the light flowing into your body until you feel completely relaxed and at peace.

Once you are relaxed, begin to repeat the following affirmation to yourself:
"I am awake and aware. I am open to receiving guidance and insights from my higher self."

Repeat the affirmation to yourself for 10-20 minutes.

When you are finished, gently open your eyes and take a few deep breaths.

You can use this meditation any time of day, but it is especially effective to use it before bed and in the morning. When you use it before bed, it will help you to relax and fall asleep more easily.

When you use it in the morning, it will help you to wake up feeling refreshed and energized.

In addition to using brainwave entrainment meditations, there are other things you can do to cultivate the liminal time between sleep and waking. Here are a few tips:

Create a regular sleep schedule and stick to it as much as possible, even on weekends.

Make sure your bedroom is dark, quiet, and cool.

Avoid watching TV or using electronic devices in the hour before bed.

Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, such as taking a warm bath or reading a book.

When you wake up in the morning, take a few minutes to lie in bed and relax before getting out.

By following these tips, you can learn to cultivate the liminal time between sleep and waking as a time for meditation and inner work. This can be a powerful way to improve your overall well-being and spiritual growth.

Please post any questions or experiences you have.
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Rodulf

Re: Cultivating the Liminal Time Between Sleep and Waking

Post by Rodulf »

I also just listen to tracks of affirmations and readings as I sleep. Once you get the volume right, you can sleep peacefully while your unconscious mind absorbs the message. For this, I mostly use readings of Stoic and Samurai philosophy and other personal affirmations I write and record myself.

It's a good idea to change things up, as the mind can get bored and resist the same old thing.
anthonychipoletti

Rodulf, I just completed my first ever short nap of a few hours, in my zero-gravity chair, with my headphones tuned in to a YouTube brainwave video.

I am feeling really good physically, well-rested, as well as more peaceful and calm psychologically. Thanks for your help.
Rodulf wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:46 pm I also just listen to tracks of affirmations and readings as I sleep. Once you get the volume right, you can sleep peacefully while your unconscious mind absorbs the message. For this, I mostly use readings of Stoic and Samurai philosophy and other personal affirmations I write and record myself.

It's a good idea to change things up, as the mind can get bored and resist the same old thing.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
Rodulf

Post by Rodulf »

YouTube has a lot of great tracks like this. Making my own tracks, with my own affirmations, has saved my sanity. There, for a while, my PTSD issues were getting the better of me. I've made peace with my unconscious self and dialed down the storm by using these methods.
anthonychipoletti

WOW !! I have had some success lately in helping my brain give up its old painful neural pathways. This one helps me:

https://youtu.be/sNktEo0BYEU
Rodulf wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:01 pm YouTube has a lot of great tracks like this. Making my own tracks, with my own affirmations, has saved my sanity. There, for a while, my PTSD issues were getting the better of me. I've made peace with my unconscious self and dialed down the storm by using these methods.