Why are NDEs so different from each other?

Near-Death-Experiences, Near-Death-Like Experiences, Shared Death Experiences
DTR1975
Site Admin

Why are NDEs so different from each other?

Post by DTR1975 »

Every person that has one is a human being, so wouldn't you expect the NDEs to be similar? I know that there are commonalities between some of them, but it seems that no 2 are exactly alike.
-Derek
anthonychip

Re: Why are NDEs so different from each other?

Post by anthonychip »

DTR1975 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:09 pm Every person that has one is a human being, so wouldn't you expect the NDEs to be similar? I know that there are commonalities between some of them, but it seems that no 2 are exactly alike.
my opinion :)

the purpose of human dreams is to form a human memory...

our human dreams are there to remember our human life...

our spirit dreams have the same purpose as human dreams...

spirit dreams, including NDEs, remember our spiritual life...

NDEs happen during the human experience which is a dream...

everything in the human experience is a spiritual memory...

every human experience is an individual spiritual memory...

spiritual events never pause nor repeat and are eternal...

NDEs are memories of the one-of-a-kind spiritual events...
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

I wanted to add something about my idea of humanity being a dream state of the spirit. That is our human dreams often have a scary bunch of nonsense at the end of the human sleeping dream because our brains add adrenaline to the dream to help remember yesterday even if yesterday was just another ordinary day. So I think our human lifetime adds a bunch of scary nonsense in order to remember our spiritual life even if our spiritual life is not scary nonsense so we can help remember our spiritual life, This might apply to NDEs because I believe NDEs are an actual experience of our eternal spiritual life. Anyway, I often ask Bard/Gemini about ideas like this:

https://gemini.google.com/

Speculate, form theories and coping mechanisms about the following question: Every person that has an nde is a human being, so wouldn't you expect the NDEs to be similar? I know that there are commonalities between some of them, but it seems that no 2 ndes are exactly alike.

1. You're right, NDEs are fascinating and puzzling for their mix of similarities and variations. Here are some theories and coping mechanisms to consider:

The Filter of Individual Consciousness:

Brain Chemistry & Activity: During near-death experiences, the brain experiences a surge or shortage of chemicals, altered electrical activity, and oxygen deprivation. These variations might explain some of the differences in visuals, emotions, and perceptions.
Personal Beliefs & Cultural Background: Our pre-existing beliefs about death and the afterlife can act as a filter, shaping how we interpret the NDE. Someone raised with a focus on heaven might see a bright light, while someone from a culture with reincarnation might encounter a life review.
The Nature of Death (or Near-Death):

Incomplete Experiences: Perhaps NDEs are glimpses into a deeper reality, but our brains can't fully grasp it, resulting in fragmented or symbolic experiences.
The Mystery of Consciousness: We don't fully understand consciousness, so it's possible NDEs reflect a unique aspect of consciousness activated near death, leading to individual variations.
Coping Mechanisms:

Validation & Sharing: For those who have had NDEs, talking to others who've had similar experiences can be validating and comforting. There are support groups specifically for people who have had NDEs.
Focus on the Similarities: Even though NDEs differ, many share core themes like feelings of peace, love, and a life review. Focusing on these commonalities can bring comfort and a sense of shared experience.
Openness to the Unknown: Ultimately, NDEs remain a mystery. Accepting that we might not have all the answers can be a healthy way to cope.
Remember, there is no single explanation for NDEs yet. The scientific community is still actively researching them. But by considering these possibilities, we can appreciate the complexity and wonder of these profound experiences.

2. You're right, NDEs are fascinating for their similarities and yet striking individuality. Here are some ideas to ponder:

The Filter of Consciousness:

Brain Chemistry: Maybe NDEs are a result of the brain firing in unusual ways during near-death states. Different brain activity patterns in each person could explain variations in the experience.
Personal Beliefs: Perhaps our cultural background and beliefs act like a filter, shaping how we interpret the raw experience of an NDE. Someone raised with a strong religious faith might see a heavenly figure, while another might describe a more abstract sense of peace.
The Nature of Death (or Near Death):

Incomplete Journeys: Some theories propose NDEs are glimpses into a larger reality, but not a complete one. Like waking from a dream, the details might be fuzzy or fragmented, leading to unique experiences.
The Unveiling: Perhaps NDEs offer a personalized preview of what matters most to each individual. This could explain why some encounters focus on love and connection, while others emphasize life purpose.
Coping Mechanisms for the Uniqueness:

Validation: Knowing that NDEs can be different can validate a person's unique experience. They don't need to fit a mold to be real and meaningful.
Focus on Shared Elements: Even with variations, many NDEs share a sense of peace, light, or heightened awareness. Focusing on these commonalities can be grounding and provide comfort.
Integration: The uniqueness of an NDE can be a catalyst for personal growth. By reflecting on the experience, a person can gain new insights into their values and purpose in life.
Ultimately, the mystery of NDEs remains. But by exploring the possibilities, we can find ways to make sense of these profound and individual experiences.

3. You're right, NDEs are fascinating and puzzling for their mix of similarities and variations. Here are some ideas to ponder:

Similarities could reflect a biological response:

Brain chemistry: NDEs might be triggered by the release of certain chemicals during near-death states, causing common sensations like bright lights, feelings of peace, or out-of-body experiences.
Universal death awareness: Perhaps our brains have a built-in response to brush with mortality, producing a core NDE experience across cultures.
Variations could stem from individual interpretation:

Cultural influence: People might interpret their NDEs through the lens of their beliefs, shaping details like seeing deceased loved ones or religious figures.
Life experiences: A person's past experiences, hopes, and fears could color their NDE, making it unique to them.
Memory reconstruction: The brain might try to piece together a fragmented NDE memory, leading to inconsistencies or embellishments.
Coping mechanisms in the face of the unknown:

Making sense of the experience: NDEs can be life-altering. Crafting a narrative, even if unique, can help individuals integrate the experience.
Sharing and finding comfort: Connecting with others who've had NDEs can provide validation and a sense of community.
These are just some theories. The truth about NDEs might be a combination of these factors, or something entirely different. The important thing is to acknowledge the validity of individual experiences while recognizing the recurring themes.

Here's an additional thought: Perhaps the variations are part of the point. Maybe NDEs offer a glimpse into a universal human experience of death, but filtered through the unique lens of each individual.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

I don't really buy the brain chemistry aspect. If the brain goes haywire right before death, than wouldn't the there be a higher probability of it just producing unintelligible stimuli than producing a well defined experience? I think the idea that the experience is filtered and interperted by cultural beliefs probably makes the most sense. But thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
-Derek
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

DTR1975 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:47 am I don't really buy the brain chemistry aspect. If the brain goes haywire right before death, than wouldn't the there be a higher probability of it just producing unintelligible stimuli than producing a well defined experience? I think the idea that the experience is filtered and interperted by cultural beliefs probably makes the most sense. But thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
I agree that any aspect of the physical reality such as chemistry or any aspect of scientific method has no CAUSATION TOWARD THE SPIRITUAL LIFE!

CAUSATION in my opinion happens ONLY from the spiritual to the physical, so any brain chemistry which can be observed is a RESULT of spirituality.

Einstein and Bose did NOT use scientific method for their Bose-Einstein Condensate concept, because their BEC concept was scientific PHILOSOPHY.

It took seventy years AFTER their BEC concept was formed in a thought experiment to be demonstrated using scientific method in the laboratory.

My opinion is that scientific method simply measures RESULTS of the spiritual life, however, scientific philosophy can transcend physical life.

The silliest idea humans have, in my opinion, is that scientific philosophy or ANY aspect of science is just to difficult for God to actually do :)