J. Steve Milller

DTR1975
Site Admin

J. Steve Milller

Post by DTR1975 »

This was a pretty easy and pleasant read.
It's available on Kindle.
https://tinyurl.com/4hszjc2c
-Derek
anthonychip

Re: J. Steve Milller

Post by anthonychip »

DTR1975 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:50 pm This was a pretty easy and pleasant read.
It's available on Kindle.
https://tinyurl.com/4hszjc2c
https://youtu.be/T_TnbKtQ2Eg
Nov 17, 2021
Dr. Steve Miller believes that deathbed experiences provide stronger evidence for supernaturalism than the traditional arguments for God. While Near-death experiences have gotten much press lately, little discussion has paid to power of deathbed experiences. In this interview, I talk with Dr. Miller about his latest book.

READ: Deathbed Experiences as Evidence for the Afterlife
https://youtu.be/5frQWQJNt3s
Jan 5, 2023
Guest: Dr. J Steve Miller - https://jstevemiller.info

Dr. J Steve Miller discusses afterlife evidence, near death experiences, death bed experiences including shared death experiences, terminal lucidity, death bed visions, and crisis apparitions. He also shares how he applies a scientific methodology using the hypothesis that there is an afterlife and then that there is no afterlife to studies of near death experiences (NDE;s) and other afterlife research.

He is the author of Deathbed Experiences as Evidence for the Afterlife, Volume 1: A Groundbreaking, Scientific Apologetic, Evaluating Studies of Extraordinary ... and Children’s Experiences at Death and Near-Death Experiences as Evidence for the Existence of God and Heaven

"Science is that you're making observations and yes we use our senses to do that. We enhance our senses with microscopes and telescopes or whatever we need to to observe things and then we make hypotheses concerning. Okay, what could have caused this thing to happen and then we find ways to test these hypotheses or we say what would the Ah Afterlife Hypothesis. What would that predict."

J. Steve Miller, PhD is author of many books including "Deathbed Experiences as Evidence for the Afterlife" and "Near Death Experiences (NDEs) as Evidence for the Existence of God and Heaven." He is now an Assistant Professor of Philosophy,in the Interdisciplinary Studies department at Kennesaw State University teaching such courses as Introduction to Religion, Critical Thinking, Religion & Science, and Death & Dying. Dr. Miller always had a fascination with religion, spirituality and the truth of our existence. Tragically when he was a young man, his first wife passed away from cancer, which propelled him further into this exploration.
In this episode Dr. Miller shares how he first learned about NDE's through a book about someone's persona experience, but he wanted more evidence. He didn't know this person. How did he know that we're even telling the truth. This lead him to delve into Near Death Experience research done by people such as Dr. Jeffrey Long and Dr. Sam Parnia. This propelled him further to study Deathbed Experiences, such as when people see their loved ones who have passed away when they are close to death. He was amazed to learn people he knew and trusted had experienced both of these.

Being curious, logical, and a philosopher, he applied an amazing "hypothesis test" and way of thinking about the stories he heard either anecdotally or as reported by researchers. This is a test all of us can use when we read about afterlife evidence or hear personal stories people report.

Overall, Dr. Miller is a highly critical thinker and philosopher who has dedicated a lifetime to thinking about an afterlife, what happens when we die, and afterlife evidence.

In this episode:
- Top researchers on NDE's: Dr. Pim Van Lommel, Dr. Sam Parnia, Raymond Moody, Dr. Jeffrey Long, Dr. Michael Sabom
- Apply logic and assess each bit of afterlife data and evidence
- Deathbed Experiences - when people see deceased loved ones or other beings at the time of death
- Shared Death Experiences (SDE's)
- Crisis apparitions - when people who have just died visit an unknowing loved one
- Mark Twain's experience with predicting a death in a dream
- Why oxygen deprivation to the brain doesn't explain NDE's
- People he knew and trusted who have had NDE's and SDE's
and more...
We are free, freedom meaning we can identify ourselves in any way we imagine.

Imagination empowers our own existence, the freedom to define our experiences.

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

To me, there is no preconceived meaning or causation, we are free to define life.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

I didn't even think to look for YouTube videos featuring him. I just read his book about 3 to 4 months ago. Thanks!
-Derek
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

https://youtu.be/IJ7tGsBLPu4
Nov 22, 2023
Dr. Steve Miller and I discuss the contents of his book titled Deathbed Experiences as Evidence for the Afterlife, which includes a surprising amount of documented scientific evidence to support his assertions.
https://www.youtube.com/live/zbb90KhP3e ... PDfJCWSrsi
Oct 6, 2023 The TrueLife Podcast
Ladies and gentlemen, it is a distinct privilege to introduce Dr. Steve Miller, a luminary in the realms of inquiry, wonder, and profound philosophical exploration. Driven by an innate propensity to question the very fabric of truth claims, Dr. Miller has embarked on a lifelong odyssey into the deepest recesses of thought.

As a distinguished writer, erudite professor, and captivating speaker, he offers not just answers but a guiding light for fellow seekers, questioners, and wonderers who, like him, approach every claim with a resounding, “I wonder if it’s true.” Dr. Miller’s intellectual journey has led him through the labyrinthine corridors of belief, skepticism, and unquenchable curiosity.

Beyond his academic pursuits, Dr. Miller’s unwavering dedication to unraveling the mysteries of near-death and deathbed experiences is nothing short of awe-inspiring. He is a seeker who has not only read extensively but has also plumbed the depths of these profound phenomena, engaging with the intricate tapestry of human consciousness and spirituality.

In a world where certainty often takes precedence, Dr. Miller’s commitment to rigorous inquiry and his unwavering pursuit of truth serve as a beacon of intellectual integrity. His quest extends to the very boundaries of our comprehension, challenging conventions and opening doors to abstract and esoteric realms of thought.

Through his work, Dr. Miller bridges the chasm between skepticism and open-minded exploration, offering profound insights into the human condition and the mysteries that lie beyond. His contributions to our understanding of life, death, consciousness, and the afterlife have left an indelible mark on the philosophical landscape.

Join us today as we embark on a thought-provoking journey with Dr. Steve Miller, a visionary thinker who reminds us that the pursuit of truth is an eternal endeavor, and that in the quest for answers, we often find even more profound questions

anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

DTR1975 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:50 am I didn't even think to look for YouTube videos featuring him. I just read his book about 3 to 4 months ago. Thanks!
DTR1975, your topics are mostly new to me :) I am lucky to find more details on my web search...