Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I just recently joined this site and want to give everyone a big HELLO! :-)

I'm an experiencer and am glad to be here with others who can relate to both the experience and its aftereffects. I'm happy to share and help in whatever way I can.

Nancy
Hey Nancy!

How are you?

IS this your near death experience? http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... r_ndes.htm

I read it... How wonderful it is.

Welcome!
Hello Nancy!
So glad that you joined us. Its so fortunate for all of us, to have NDE experiencers like you here, willing to share their stories and to gift those of us who haven't experience this, with an insight into the afterlife.
Can't wait to read your story and your perspective.
Welcome!!!

Natalie
Nancy, from your account:
"I don't want to put a label on what I am"

I'd stick with that it I were you! Too often people confuse the label for the real thing. They never realize that's like chewing on an aspirin label in stead of taking a pill!

Welcome back and I'm glad you're here, even though I understand what you had to leave behind (temporarily) to be here... It can't be easy but its a noble task you took on, the noblest in fact.
Hi Nancy,

Wish you a warm welcome at the forum.
I like your story very much.

DennisMe wrote: I'd stick with that it I were you! Too often people confuse the label for the real thing. They never realize that's like chewing on an aspirin label in stead of taking a pill!

Yes Dennis,
Or compare it to a road sign that says, so and so many km to this city, and then climbing on top and thinking you are there. This is also my idea of some religions, claiming to have the only truth. Instead of leading the way to the real 'city' they stick to the road sign, making believe you are already there.
I agree and I also use the exact same road sign analogy often when explaining religious truths (and anything we can express using any language)!

What I believe happens with religions is that they tend to fall for what mathematicians call the trap of the 'Local Optimum'. In fact this applies to reductionist science also.
They find something that strikes them as true and to verify this they look around the problem in various directions and discover no better solution in the direct vicinity. This leads them to declare they have found THE truth.

The problem is that they have not looked around in all the possible search space and a better solution is often just around the corner, but remains undetected. The solution is always to expand the 'search space'. In reality that often requires a major paradigm shift which many people can't make. Unfortunately for us all.

Religions tend to constrain their 'search space' to their traditions and texts, sciences to materialist reductionist explanations.
Hi Nancy, I LOVE you. Welcome back to Earth. My experience happened back when I was 8, so I've been processing a long time. Much of my memory detail came back after God called out to me in a dream. I was about 24 by then, and the deep vibration of God's voice was instantly recognizable. I like your description of love, and how it exists everywhere in heaven. The yellow painting you shared is my favorite. I remember the yellow glow above heaven as the power of God, and it was lovely. The blue that I remember were the people that I met up there. There were other colors too, but yellow and blue were predominant.

I offer my assistance to you as you do to us. I'm continually appalled by human events down here that take place without love involved; both in personal interactions and with organizations. I try my best to describe what love should look like here on earth, but so far my writing has not been as focused as I would like.

One quick piece of advice: Don't beat yourself up with expectations that are too high, like I did. You will still make mistakes...all of us do.

Love & Peace

Ken
Hi Nancy, welcome. Nice to see you, appreciate your input and participation. Look forward to hearing from you and your experiences then and now!
Welcome!
9 posts Page 1 of 1