Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all! New here. I've been looking for years to find another person who had an OBE like I had. I'm looking to better understand what happened to me and if it occurs every night or will never occur again. I'll try to make it brief. I did post to the new experiences on the site if folks want more detail - or just ask.

I was asleep when this OBE occurred. I woke to a room with three tables. Other humans were there like me and getting on the tables. I'd been there before, I sensed it. After going to the woman who 'belonged' in this place, she made an adjustment to my neck and then I lay down on the middle table. Went OOB the moment I was flat. Confused as I looked down at this form I didn't recognize right away. Looked like a deflated balloon, sort of. Finally recognized it was me and then I became very lucid. I wondered if I was lying own there how could I be up here and was curious as to what I looked like. I looked at my left hand and found it absolutely gorgeous! Translucent, golden light with brilliant golden sparkles inside. Stunned, I thought, I am so beautiful. That's when I heard the feminine voice that said, "Stop admiring yourself, you have a job to do." Not nasty, but a little amused at me.

I felt an all consuming love that wiped out my problems, worries etc. I had very little to no sense of time. And had NO memory of a family or friends on earth. Anyways, when I thought about the "job" I had to do, my body flew instantly toward my goal. I flew over what appeared to be an office building. I knew that I was there to help someone. Knew she was a woman. That thought pulled me faster to her. Found her climbing a set of regular stairs reluctantly. Felt her fear. I realized I had to get her to climb those stairs. She HAD to. She could not see or hear me but could sense or feel my thoughts/emotions I sent to her. I stayed with her sending her comfort and encouragement. At the top of the stairs saw an open area that reminded me of clouds/fog. Every where was bright white - like the sun lights a field -but brilliant white. Didn't burn or hurt. In the distance there was an arched bridge - like one you might find in someone's garden.

The woman had to cross it. I could go no further - not even if I had tried. The instant she disappeared over the bridge and into the clouds I was sucked backwards into my body in my bed. I woke very confused feeling incredibly heavy as if I'd been filled with concrete. All the love and worry-free emotions I'd felt in the other place vanished and my problems (which I Have very few of as I lead a very happy life) flooded me. I cried in bed. This experience prompted me to learn meditation and I tried for years to get back there. Never could. Even learned to remember my dreams but never had anything like this since. That happened at least 12 years ago. Does anyone know where this was? What I did with this woman? Has anyone else done this?

Thank you ... for reading. :D
Hi!
It's hard to say about your experience. Maybe you were helping someone cross over or surmount a problem? There are hundreds of OBEs in the database. I think some match yours a little bit.
Thanks for responding. :)
GoldenLight wrote: This experience prompted me to learn meditation and I tried for years to get back there. Never could. Even learned to remember my dreams but never had anything like this since. That happened at least 12 years ago. Does anyone know where this was? What I did with this woman? Has anyone else done this?

Hi GoldenLight,
Welcome at the forum.
I just read your post at the website.
Wanted to make you know that I truly believe that your 'dream' is in fact a spiritual (mystical) experience, and spiritual experiences are so very individual and therefore difficult (or even impossible) to classify. If we experience them it is for a reason but most of the time we do not know this reason. I sometimes wonder if they are there, as a reminder for us to remember that this world is not 'the be all-and end all', and to lead us on the quest for more? Maybe the journey is the reward.
Thank you, Marguy. Well, it did indeed inspire me to 'search' and seek out more information. It led me to wonderful experiences. Unfortunately, I stopped searching for a while. :) I looked online and found ONE other person who clams to cross over people regularly. I don't know what to make of that. But I am tempted to contact her. I appreciate the welcome and encouragement. Maybe one day I'll read of another similar to mine.
GoldenLight wrote: I looked online and found ONE other person who clams to cross over people regularly. I don't know what to make of that. But I am tempted to contact her. I appreciate the welcome and encouragement. Maybe one day I'll read of another similar to mine.

I only can encourage you to continue your search.
There are many experiences on NDERF also, maybe you can find some that come close to yours.
Golden light, it may be hard to find people who have experienced exactly the same place but maybe if you expand the search you will have more success.
If you try to compare these 'spheres' in a literal way you will have a hard time. Those worlds are created ad-hoc by the confluence of the consciousnesses involved in the contact. They arise in the collective consciousness of those involved. It is my belief that only the entities directly involved in this particular shared experience will experience the same place in the same way.
OTOH, if you try to go for the meaning of what you saw, literally, personally, spiritually, you will see a lot of similar experiences. Maybe not the same when looked at superficially, but almost identical when considered from the intent and meaning of the involved entities.
7 posts Page 1 of 1