Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, it said in the rules that I needed to post something soon after becoming a member, so here goes...

I'm a three-time NDEr. The thing is, I'm not particularly religious. I'm not really into the new age love and light stuff either. I like science. Sometimes I think that precludes me from fitting in with other NDErs.
Welcome aboard Ace.

In terms of science & mathematics, the study of the NDE has to be one of the most fascinating topical areas of research.

Besides science, such research necessarily cuts across religion and philosophy.

It really is a part of the study of the nature of existence (eg, why do we exist, what is consciousness, what is the nature of the creation, why are we here, what is it really all about?).

It belongs to the stuff all the great minds were and still are seeking from Socrates thru Einstein and now Hawking.

Take a look at some of the scientific theories about consciousness and the near-death experience (you should find your niche): http://www.near-death.com/science/research/science.html
Thank you, Rey!
Welcome Ace!
I also am into science
Hi, Misha! That's such a relief. I was worried about posting here.
Ace,
I’m also into science. I firmly believe that science and the hereafter co-exist. It’s like the concept of nurture versus nature. Now they know that nurture and nature are intertwined, meaning that both influence the other. My NDE can’t be explained by current physics. However, welcome. Also, I am new myself.
Hi Hereadback,

Science is a methodology, not a position, and clearly not all the answers have been found. I'm all for looking for answers in an open minded way.

Nice to meet you!
Hi Ace

we are pretty open here and invite and encouarge any and all points of view as long as its conforms to the rules .

So by all means, share your knowledge and interest on a science aspect

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Welcome Ace!

Always looking to meet a new member.
Thank you, Albert! :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1