Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
8 posts Page 1 of 1
There are an amazing number of recorded NDE accounts throughout history, ranging from Plato, the Apostle Paul, and (my favorite) Julian of Norwich. However, these numbers are paltry compared to the millions of NDE accounts revealed to us today. The four thousand-plus submissions on the NDERF website give testament to the plethora of recent NDE accounts. Why? For one, more people are willing to discuss their NDE due to a greater acceptance in society. Secondly, improvements in medical technology seems to be a huge factor. Meaning, more people are having NDEs because more people are being brought back from death. Yet, I believe that these two factors cannot fully explain the thousand-fold spike in NDE reports. In reading NDERF submissions, for instance, many reports do not involve medical intervention. Could there by a third factor?

It may not be a coincidence that a spike in NDE accounts coincided with the start of the atomic era. The deep account of George Ritchie, during World War II, seems to be a starting point for a new type of divine intervention. It may not be an accident that the Nag Hammadi scriptures, most notably the Gospel of Thomas and Gospel of Phillip, were discovered around the same time. The question being, could it be that God is giving humanity new divine revelations for a new age?

Human technology has rapidly advanced whereas human spirituality has remained mostly stagnant. Perhaps this stagnation is partly due to religious doctrine. Religions maintain power by giving and controlling answers, not by being open. Because human spirituality has little advanced, people turn to the world;
we act in accordance with the animal human rather than the spiritual beings we really are. Tragically, we remain disconnected with the Source. Thus, many people follow their ego driven motives, react violently with fight or flight fears, and stimulate their "id" by looking for hedonistic pleasures. On a planetary scale, this path is not sustainable. The human species seems to be coming to a crossroad. We either advance or we whither. How long will it be before we destroy the environment or deploy nuclear weapons? Fortunately, God may be intervening through the NDE because God loves people so much. God also loves the earth and animals. Perhaps God is giving humanity new revelations for a new age through the NDE so we may better chose to save ourselves. It is up to us.

What I propose is only a theory. However, it seems that the greater number and greater depth of NDEs support may my premise. What do you think?

Roy L. Hill, Psy.D.
Author of Psychology and the Near Death Experience: Searching for God
http://neardeathexppsy.com/
A theory yes and possibly a good one at that.

And then there are people like me, who have no use for the dogma of religion and because of my experience years ago I just live one day at a time as what will be is what will be.

I enjoy helping Misha and Dennis run this forum under Jodys strict supervision ( Grin ) so that everybody has the opportunity to post their theories, questions and answers where we can all feel safe in our wunderings about what the hell is it all about anyway

The age old question

What is the meaning of life ?

Myself , who cares anymore as when its done , its done and then we will see.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
God may be intervening through the NDE because God loves people so much. God also loves the earth and animals.

God does promise a 'world-without-end' and a re-fashioned, earthly home for us.
Roy,

Great food for thought!!!
Thank you for sharing your theory.

Natalie
Roy, Sounds plausible and coherent enough but what I'm missing in this is one major thing; free will.
In your sketch God is pulling all the strings like a grand puppeteer. If you ask me, God is much more like the old fashioned Aether, permeating and enabling all of this time / matter / energy dimension. God to me is like the medium of media.
The Great Enabler. God creates room for us to play and learn by withdrawing (thankfully only on our dimension!). God to me is like the one guy at the party who totally dominates it and everyone laughs at his jokes and stories. But everyone can only really enjoy the party and be themselves after the big guy leaves. Perhaps there are more NDES happening now due to some divine plan, but such a statement would be hard to back up, unfalsifiable, unprovable...
Perhaps these things are happening because we are ready for them?
I can say that I am quite glad to be at this party and be a part of the most exciting time in the history of the Earth!
Really interesting thought.

I often wonder why there are more NDE's in the 21st century than there have even been.

Could it be perhaps we are more creative now than ever before?

But of course Dennis, the party has to come to an end at some point?
http://www.livescience.com/40481-resuscitation-long-after-death.html

I suppose too, that there were periods in time not long ago in which if one tried to report their NDE, then they would have been burned at the stake under accusation of being a sorcerer or witch.
DavidMcA wrote: Really interesting thought.

I often wonder why there are more NDE's in the 21st century than there have even been.

Could it be perhaps we are more creative now than ever before?

But of course Dennis, the party has to come to an end at some point?

I think a lot of it is the ability to post / share anonomusly your story without fear of ridicule now due to the internet

Its like everything else now , any information I want I can find from anywhere

What I am finding amazing is how many people are trying to cash in on the NDE phenomenum

Books seminars training you name it , there is someone trying to use that angle to cash in on it

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
8 posts Page 1 of 1