Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I've listened to some of Buhlman's guided meditation tapes. It's interesting stuff! It seems that modern life is so busy though.... Hardly any time to sit and tinker with consciousness. Hmmmm. Interesting question: is meditation and altering consciousness a luxury activity?
I've never thought of it as a luxury activity, but that's an interesting way to frame it, Jem7. I know people who vacation at the Monroe Institute, so for them it does fit into the idea of luxury. Kind of like going to a spa.
The eminent parapsychologist Dean Radin once said that meditation has so many positive effects, you'd be crazy to NOT try it.
Misha wrote: The eminent parapsychologist Dean Radin once said that meditation has so many positive effects, you'd be crazy to NOT try it.

I follow the Schwartz Report, and it often posts articles about the benefits of meditation. I thought this one about using meditation to help kids in a rough neighborhood was especially good to see:

http://www.schwartzreport.net/meditation-transforms-roughest-san-francisco-schools/
I get so busy and then I don't do it (meditation). And then, I think I'm secretly worried that I'll do it wrong or it will not be as cool as I hoped. I guess it's like desert: I keep eating my peas, knowing the cake will be later.

Does anyone else WANT TO meditate a lot, and somehow you don't do it?
6 posts Page 1 of 1