Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
20 posts Page 1 of 1
In the world today there are a lot of people who claim to be mediums. I say 'claim' because of course nothing can be proven.

This does not make me a non-believer however.

I am a very sceptical person. If someone proves me to the contrary then fair enough.

I have not had any ADC personally but I have had experiences from family members who have spoken with mediums in the past who have been accurate. scarily accurate in what they have said. I'm not meaning generic things, i'm meaning names, places, dates, issues. Things that normally wouldn't be known to the person even if they did do cold reading as i'm hearing about more often.

My question on the subject is this (and please feel free to move the post if this isn't posted in the correct section) do you believe? Is there any Mediums out there on the forum that can have an input. I'd love to hear more and get to know more about what you do.

I'd also love to hear how we can relate ADC with OBE and NDE's.
DavidMcA wrote: I'd also love to hear how we can relate ADC with OBE and NDE's.

We here as a rule don't give direct answers to questions we can't answer in full truth.

I myself had an OBE many years ago and it opened my mind to FAITH which before I accepted Faith, all religion, Spirituality, ADC, OBE, or Nde's were all a bunch of hogwash.

Any relation you make will be of your own choosing based on whatever knowledge you gain here or elsewhere .

As an example if you care to read how I came to be here , click the link at the bottom of my post, " WHY AM I HERE "

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
DavidMcA wrote: In the world today there are a lot of people who claim to be mediums. I say 'claim' because of course nothing can be proven.

"Proof" only applies to math and alcohol, but mediumship can be tested scientifically.

http://windbridge.org/papers/BeischelJP71Methods.pdf

http://www.windbridge.org/
Garry wrote: As an example if you care to read how I came to be here , click the link at the bottom of my post, " WHY AM I HERE "

One of the first things I've done was to read your story! Its really well written and an excellent read.

Ace wrote: "Poof" only applies to math and alcohol, but mediumship can be tested scientifically.

http://windbridge.org/papers/BeischelJP71Methods.pdf

http://www.windbridge.org/"

Had a quick look through but with my reading and attention span it'll take me a while to get through the whole document!!!
There are many many stories of people getting very good specific information from mediums/psychics. I really doubt that everyone is so gullible.

There was a guy on Coast to Coast am recently talking about his work with instrumental transcommunication (spirit boxes, EVP, etc.). Some of his stuff was SO convinving, and much of it almost real time. I hope he's honest, and not simply playing games. People playing games make the truth so much harder to figure out.

LINK: C2C
Unfortunately Jem I can't seem to access it.

Do you think it'll be available on YouTube?
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Check out this page. A dependable organization with a long history of scientific research into psychic phenomena.
http://www.spr.ac.uk/
DennisMe wrote: Check out this page. A dependable organization with a long history of scientific research into psychic phenomena.
http://www.spr.ac.uk/

Yes, the Society for Psychical Research is a much better place to look for credible information on psi phenomenon than Coast to Coast is (although C2C can be very entertaining). :)

The Scole Report was a very famous investigation by members of the SPR.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Scole-Repor ... 1908421002

There is a film about it that can be seen on youtube.

I've just managed to have a listen to Coast to Coast.

What I gather from it - This guy had made an APP that scans internet radio then he hears spirits talking?

Can anyone enlighten me to the actual workings of this device? The evidence that you hear on the radio show is very convincing. I'd love to dig deeper into this and find out more.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

David wrote: I've just managed to have a listen to Coast to Coast.

What I gather from it - This guy had made an APP that scans internet radio then he hears spirits talking?

Can anyone enlighten me to the actual workings of this device? The evidence that you hear on the radio show is very convincing. I'd love to dig deeper into this and find out more.

There are a lot of variations on this type of thing. If you watch the video I posted about the Scole group, one medium they investigated used an old tube radio to make contact with whatever it is mediums make contact with. In that case, they actually put the device inside a Faraday Cage (so it couldn't receive radio signals), turned it off, and removed the radio tubes, and it still produced voices.

Many people can get Electronic Voice Phenomeon (EVP) from various recording devices as well.

One problem with all of these devices is that you don't really know who it is you might be communicating with. It could be psychokinesis on the part of a living person producing the results. In the case of the "spirit radio", there is always the concern that someone is fraudulently sending messages to the device, which is why the scientists investigating such devices need to shield them from any incoming mundane types of signals.
David wrote:

The idea behind those kinds of devices is that a radio scanner is made, but the circuit that stops it on one station is removed, so that it becomes a kind of audio mess. The theory is that disencarnate spirits can learn how to manipulate the frequency sweeps or squelching for their own aims, i.e., communication. No one disputes that the voices are sources from radio (often am radio), but when they seem to answer real time questions, or when they give specific answers, it gets creepy. Some devices use a squelch/limiter, so that the device is not making sound all the time.

The idea behind all of this is that spirits WANT to communicate and they can do it if given time to learn and if we're patient. So, in essence, it's all sort of like Ouija Board, but brought into the current century. Is is real or wise to try? I have no idea.

There is one school of thought that such communication might become a boring everyday thing like cell phones are now. I'm not so sure. It seems that we are here to learn spiritual lessons. If it all becomes 'proven', then it can become rules, religion, and control... all over again. The physical world is about cause and effect of our physical actions. The spiritual world is all about cause and effect of our loving actions. I suspect that the lack of proof is to keep the two learning processes a bit separated for a reason.
John Kruth, from the Rhine Research Center just did this interview in which he talks about EVP and other interesting things. There were some technical glitches at the start of the show, but you can skip ahead to about 17 minutes in where the tech issues are resolved.

Its really interesting reading your explanations of the EVP - I had no idea. I was very skeptical of them though with the thought that someone might be on the other side (of the living world) and hearing your ask questions via a mic or something then playing you sounds.

I'm going to have a more in depth look at these devices when I've got a minute. I have always heard stories that you must not play with the Ouija Boards because they can do more damage to you?

Thoughts?

D.

Stay away from Ouija boards PLEASE! They attract lower level nasties you would not associate with. Its like walking into a dark alley at 03:00am naked and yelling "come and get it". If you want to get into this stuff join a serious group. I'm not part of any spiritist group myself and don't experiment with these phenomenon. All the same I would urge you to not experiment by yourself, its just common sense. Join a local Spiritist group so you have the support and guidance of more experienced people. The world out there is a big place and there are methods of navigating in relative safety. Please don't set out to sea without a compass.
Dennis
Always appreciate your input Dennis. I won't be messing around with them. What are your thoughts on the new technology stuff as mentioned above?

Parapsychologist Loyd Auerbach has written an article about Ouija Boards that answers many of the questions people have about them. You might find it helpful.

http://www.midwestpreternaturalresearch.com/ouija.html

There is nothing inherently evil or demonic about a Ouija Board. The device itself is simply a patented form of a method of ostensible spirit communication in common play during the latter 19th century. People wishing to contact spirits would lay out cards with the alphabet and numbers in a circle on a table. An overturned glass would be placed in the center, and each sitter at the table would place a finger on the glass.

They would ask questions and the glass would often move around to spell out answers.

But there was never any real hard evidence that spirits were directing the glass.

In fact, the glass and the Ouija Board’s pointer (planchette) generally move because of something called the ideomotor response. If you’ve ever used a pendulum, holding its chain or string, and made it move in a particular way simply by thinking, then you’ve experienced the ideomotor response. This is a result of unconsciously driven minor muscle movements. In other words, the unconscious/subconscious mind makes the things move. Not spirits.

If using a Ouija Board opens any gateways, doorways, etc. it’s because of the Intention of the user(s) not the board itself. That means the intention behind doing EVP, ITC or any spirit communication devices will do the same. But it’s the Ouija Board that has gotten the bad rep. In other words, unless you’re using a human intermediary (that’s what a medium is) who can ostensibly regulate the communication, any method used by someone who doesn’t have the experience or background is as likely as any other to be problematic.

If, that is, you believe in “evil” as a force and/or “demons” as the representation in the real world, something Science does not.

The real problem with Ouija Boards is that they have never been shown to tap into spiritual sources*** – the messages, with rare exception, don’t usually provide anything verifiable unknown to the player(s) that can be laid in the lap of a deceased person. They have sometimes shown that the unconscious mind of the users have access to information via their own psychic abilities on some occasions.

They have been shown to tap into the unconscious.

The article also mentions that the Ouija Board was just considered a game until the movie The Exorcist came out. Loyd Auerbach makes two main points in the article:

1. The Ouija Board taps the unconscious, NOT the spiritual.

2. The vast majority of outlets one can purchase a Ouija Board are toy stores! Don’t take it any more seriously than any other toy or game, and you’ll never have a problem with it.

The full article can be read here:
http://www.midwestpreternaturalresearch.com/ouija.html
DennisMe wrote: Stay away from Ouija boards PLEASE! They attract lower level nasties you would not associate with. Its like walking into a dark alley at 03:00am naked and yelling "come and get it".

OMG Dennis!
I laughed until I cried.... thank you! :D

Agree with Dennis. BTW, way too many stories about strong sudden planchette movements, I aint buying the idiomotor explanation. Way to many factual stories and strong movements for that to always be the case.
Hello Guys,

A while back my mum and I were talking about this woman who does readings for people (paid of course) and apparently she was really good. Almost reducing grown men to tears after a reading. So as a 'something different' extra present I got a voucher for a reading to be used when I am available. I have no knowledge of this woman neither does my mum so I'm going to her blind and she is seeing me without any knowledge.

I've never done this before with a one on one reading so I'm very interested to see what she says.

I'll keep you guys updated but i want to know your thoughts, if you've ever had any experiences?

Record the whole session on your phone without her knowing so you can digest it later and maybe post it either privately or publicly .

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
20 posts Page 1 of 1