Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Dr Larry Burk recently gave a talk for the Rhine Research Center called Dreaming of Health: Breast Cancer Warning Dreams. I'm not sure how long the talk will be online for public access, but it is at the moment. I enjoyed it!

The talk can be seen here:

http://www.rhine.org/media-library/serm ... reams.html
Makes complete sense to me. I have been dream harvesting since the mid-70's and in retrospect its amazing to see how prophetic many of them were. The difficulty is learning the "language" of your dreams, and identifying and acting on the relevant content.

I had a recent experience of this. A recurring image in my dreams (driving on a nearly vertical road, meeting an uncomfortable bottleneck and barely making it through), which I was interpreting as just a replay of an event in the past (a difficult birth). Turns out it was a graphic image of a physical condition that had developed in my upper spine that I was unaware of, but which was having other consequences on my health. Once I saw it, it immediately became clear to me what I had been doing that had caused it. So I changed some habits, started some remedial exercises, and am gradually correcting the condition, and feeling so much the better for it.
Precaud, it's great to hear that your dreams were able to help you get to a better place healthwise. Thank you for sharing that!

I have a friend who used to be very skeptical about all things "psychic", but he kept having dreams that seemed very precognitive. His wife told him to write them down and keep good records, just to show him that they were precognitive dreams, because he wouldn't believe her. He ended up seeing that his wife was right. He continued to keep a dream journal and eventually wrote a scientific paper about precognitive dreams, as well as a book about his experiences. He isn't a skeptic anymore.

I think keeping a dream journal is one of the easiest ways for people to realize that they do have precognitive experiences. It lets you know that everyone can have these experiences and that they are quite normal.
Ace wrote: I think keeping a dream journal is one of the easiest ways for people to realize that they do have precognitive experiences. It lets you know that everyone can have these experiences and that they are quite normal.

Glad your friend has opened up to his "better half" - you can decide whether that is his wife or his subconscious :D

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, if the "being" which we contact/experience via an NDE is going to have a rapport with our normal daily ego, it would be through the medium of the subconscious. What better way to get to know it than directly through our own dreams.
Precaud wrote:
Ace wrote: At the risk of being Captain Obvious, if the "being" which we contact/experience via an NDE is going to have a rapport with our normal daily ego, it would be through the medium of the subconscious. What better way to get to know it than directly through our own dreams.

I agree. I took part in the IASD Psiberdreaming conference last year, and really enjoyed it. They do online dream workshops and dream contests, and it's quite fun. I tried some of that same sort of thing with a few online friends, and we got some fascinating results. We tried to dream of an image that would be randomly chosen and posted online at a specified time and place. It's amazing to see the hits.

Someday, I'd like to go to the regular conference IASD holds each year.

http://www.asdreams.org/2016/
Interesting indeed!

I once had an experience i thought was a dream but it was only later i found out it wasn't. The "Dream" that i had was me in bed but i was awake but i was completely frozen. Maybe paralysed would be a better way of putting it.

I later found out that its something called Sleep paralysis.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

David wrote: I later found out that its something called Sleep paralysis.

There is a good documentary about that phenomenon, with researcher David Hufford. Here's part one of that (you can find the rest on youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13B2806AFB3F83DD).

Ace wrote:
David wrote: I later found out that its something called Sleep paralysis.

There is a good documentary about that phenomenon, with researcher David Hufford. Here's part one of that (you can find the rest on youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13B2806AFB3F83DD).

Started to watch a few. Didn't realise how significant these were!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

8 posts Page 1 of 1