Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I first came to the NDERF site after the death of a much-loved animal. I was on a mission to examine as many NDEs as I could for the presence of animals on the other side. I wanted to know if people were reuniting with beloved pets there. I was also interested not only in the presence of pets but the presence of any and all animal life that anyone could report seeing while there.

During the course of reading/studying hundreds of NDEs on this site I gained unexpected insights about why we are here that have completely changed my life. Before discovering this site I identified as an atheist/agnostic, leaning into the atheist. Now I believe very differently. Why? Simply stated, this many people cannot be lying or hallucinating.

The NDERF site is hands down the best site to examine NDEs on the internet or anyplace else that I am aware of. It is easy to see that the creators of this site, Jody and Jeff Long, have no agenda other than seeking truth through intelligent and orderly research. The work involved in maintaining this site must be mammoth. I can imagine no other research that would be more important to the people of this world than what is taking place on NDERF.

I am very grateful for this site and I spend a lot of time here for all sorts of reasons. For example, if I'm feeling down I can come here to be reminded that there is so much more to look forward to than any of us can yet possibly imagine.
Hello Lynn
Thank you for that lovely post! I agree with all that you say!
Cathy
Hi Lynn,

A wonderful post. I had an experience very much like an NDE many years ago in connection with a Spiritualist meditation. The Spiritualists are those who contact "the other side" and give messages from departed loved ones.

One Spiritualist medium channeled messages from spirits to others. I received a message through her of a spirit that she saw close to me that kisses me on my cheek when I feel sad. It is true that I have felt that sense of a kiss many times especially on down days. She said it was a cat, if that made any sense to me. It did. I did in fact have a cat for 20 years that I was extremely close to who used to rub her nose against my cheek, especially when I was feeling blue. I was devastated when she died. That message meant a lot and I had no doubt it was true. Surely your much beloved pet is with you as well.
Yes Lynn
a very nice post

If you come back and read this can you register as we would love to have you as a member of the community

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
In the Journal des Débats, May 1904, there is a curious story guaranteed as true. A man disappeared
from his home, and a little dog, devoted to his Mistress, disappeared with the husband. One night she dreamed
the little dog came to her, barking furiously, and after a few moments, scratched at the door to go out. She
followed the animal through various streets and finally saw him disappear in a restaurant. The street, the
house, the locality - were all clear in her memory when she awoke. She spoke to three friends of the matter,
and decided to make a search for the place. She found it, and there was her husband, and with him the little
dog. Innumerable other authentic cases of this kind could be given. (Life and Destiny. By Leon Denis)

One may take the above article as being out of fashion. Notwithstanding since the dawn of History cases alike have been reported down the ages up to the present. Awesome!
As you say, Lynn, this kind of event has been happening since the dawn of time and the normal rules, which we think make everything tick, just don't apply.

I would guess that a large majority of people have experienced inexplicable events such as prophetic and/or lucid dreams, time slips, premonitions, etc. And, because they don't fit 'the rules' and we cannot explain them, there's a tendency not to discuss them with others.

I'm pleased to meet you Lynn in Florida :)
I m also pleased to meet L. from Florida. But the one who posted the last comment was tony in Brazil. Anyway whoever posting such comment was stating an obvious fact corroborated by thousands experiences accumulated in the Society for Psychical Research. Rin tin tin did not have a chance to be included since it had not been born by that time in the late XIX century. Thus Rin Tin Tin still did not belong to that time line.
Lynn, that was a wonderful post.
I too have a cat and am very attached to her! I would like to think that the consciousness of animals are all part of the 'energy' of this strange other existence that NDE's point to.
This is for anyone who is grieving, or who has grieved, for a beloved pet animal:

Girl & ghost dog.jpg

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi Lynn, I joined this site recently. I hope you are still visiting so that you can read my reply, which is now months later since yours.
I was looking through this site and found your post. What a positive and wonderful post you wrote. I agree with you on your views. The testimony of so many people is the strongest evidence that there is a God and that there is so much more waiting for us after we are done with this physical life.
Like you, I am grateful for the effort made by those who put this site together. We are lucky to be living in a time when it's possible to effortlessly communicate with anyone around our planet and share this wonderful thoughts and experiences.

I love animals as well, and it's hard for me to imagine moving on to the next life without them.

Natalie
10 posts Page 1 of 1