Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I've never had an NDE, but have had 3 experiences in my lifetime I cannot understand. First happened as a child of about 5. Dad was a preacher and I was just beginning to understand about good and evil. Anyway, I'd just woken up and my room was east facing. The sun would shine through the window onto the wall at the foot of my bed. I'd often just watch it waiting to hear my parents go down to start making breakfast. One morning I "face" appeared in the golden reflection. It asked me "if I was a good girl". Being startled I said "yes". It then frowned and asked "are you sure?" At that point I ran into my parents' bedroom and that's all there was to that. The image I saw is clear to this day.

Second experience I was 17 and going through the teenage rebellious thing. Was also going through the "why am I here and is God real" thing. Had gone to a restaurant to read a book and eat lunch being I was extremely emotionally and spiritually disturbed that day and wanting to be alone. While waiting for my order and trying to read, I remember thinking how loud the people around me were making it hard to concentrate on the book. But I went back to reading anyway. All of a sudden I realized it was quiet. I looked up and the people were still there, mouths moving, but I heard nothing. Suddenly I started to hear laughing. Quietly at first, then louder and louder until it was unbearable like millions of voices laughing at me. I was so unnerved I stood up and left. Never had an experience like that again. But it troubled me for a long time.

Third and last experience was when my father-in-law was dying of cancer and I was primary care giver. Grandma has Alzhiemers and I was caring for her too in same house. Due to all this and other problem my marriage was doing badly same time (we reconciled and are fine now after 31 years by the way). After a difficult day caring for dad and grandma the hubby and I had a bad argument, so I drove to the mountain to try to meditate and calm down. I was so upset and sat by the trail and closed my eyes. After several minutes of not being able to center myself I felt an "evil" presence for lack of a better explanation. Then I noticed, with eyes closed, something rising in my vision. Even though my eyes were closed I could see this. A black mass at first, then all of a sudden black eyes full of nothing other than pure hate staring back at me. It wasn't like when you look at something in the light and the image remains until it fades, this had what I guess you can call life and/or intelligence behind it. All my hair on stood up and I opened my eyes rather horrified. Each time I closed them it was still there, so I drove straight home and didn't try to meditate again for a number of years. Thankfully I've not seen it again, but worry it meant something was inside of me and wonder if it's still there, or a product of my spiritual state at that time in my life.

Anyone have any idea what any of these experiences were? They are the closest thing I've ever had (I think) to contact with the other realm.

Thanks for reading.
As we here are not qualified to tell you what those experiences were , we can only speculate as to what they were or what they were meant to teach you.

My speculation is that they were given to you to make you question , "What they were " , to give you the mindset to reach out and explore what they were , which has brought you here .

Welcome to your new home

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Oh yeah. I've questioned what it was and why many times over. Possibly someone else will have had a similar experience to share.
When I was in college, I felt something pure evil try to paralyze me when I was in bed. It felt so electric, powerful and menacing. I know science has explanations for it, but I'm not sure that they are right. At that time I was very into Christianity. Something you never forget.
Hi Misha,

I have very, limited faith in science when it comes to things that cannot be explained regarding how our minds work or the spiritual realm. Yeah, they can prove a lot about our physical world, but too often refuse to accept anything outside of the physical. Those with that mindset (most of them) will simply explain away with a "scientific theory" what they cannot fully explain or understand and poo-poo anyone who disagrees.

Since you have been a practicing Christian (I was brought up same) and have felt the presence of something evil as I have, I wish to ask you your opinion re: evil spirits and humans. Do you believe a demon can actually "possess" a human being? My thinking is it only possible if a person allows it in some manner...or if a person doesn't understand how to "not allow it" to control them. Of course modern science would categorize such a person as psychotic, but I think there could be more to this for sure than chemicals in one's brain.
Today is Transfiguration Sunday

The scripture lesson is Luke 9:28 -43a which relates not only the transfiguration that Jesus was observed to have underwent, but also includes the story of Jesus healing a demon - possessed boy.

37 The next day, when they came down from the mountain, a large crowd met him. 38 A man in the crowd called out, “Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, for he is my only child. 39 A spirit seizes him and he suddenly screams; it throws him into convulsions so that he foams at the mouth. It scarcely ever leaves him and is destroying him. 40 I begged your disciples to drive it out, but they could not.”

41 “You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you and put up with you? Bring your son here.”

42 Even while the boy was coming, the demon threw him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the impure spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father. 43 And they were all amazed at the greatness of God.
Misha wrote: When I was in college, I felt something pure evil try to paralyze me when I was in bed. It felt so electric, powerful and menacing. I know science has explanations for it, but I'm not sure that they are right. At that time I was very into Christianity. Something you never forget.

I had the same experience as you Misha. Although i didnt feel it was a demon but i was in bed and suddenly couldn't move. Only my eyes could open. I was paralyzed from the neck down! Very scary stuff. Even although my other half was beside me I couldn't let her know there was a problem. I tried and tried to scream but couldn't. very scary stuff to think there is someone in the room watching you but you cant do anything.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

7 posts Page 1 of 1