Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
6 posts Page 1 of 1
In today's news:

A study from the University of Milan found that an amazing six out of ten people report having contact with a loved one who has passed away.

These experiences, they say, can include sights, sounds, smells, or simply sensing the presence of their departed loved one.

Despite the apparent prevalence of such events, the researchers reason that most people do not report them because they are afraid of being judged or ridiculed.

Although many would say that these encounters constitute evidence for life after death, the study appears to discount that possibility by labeling them "post-bereavement hallucinatory experiences."

Similarly, a London academic who has studied the phenomenon calls it "experiences of continued presence" and theorizes that it is caused by post-traumatic stress surrounding the death of a loved one.

NDERF participants, however, may know the phenomenon by its more paranormal nomenclature 'after-death communication,' (or ADC) a term coined by pioneering researcher Bill Guggenheim.

Guggenheim studied ADCs for over 30 years and documented over 3,000 accounts of the phenomenon, leading him to conclude that these experiences were, in fact, "modern day evidence for life after death."

Although the source of these experiences remains debatable, the Milan study indicates that they are far more common than previously believed.

Perhaps, as time goes on and more research is done, the social stigma surrounding the phenomenon will lessen and answers as to their true origin can be determined.

Source: Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3488332/Six-ten-say-ve-contact-dead-partner-Bereaved-people-experience-high-level-hallucinatory-experiences-seeing-loved-one-old-chair.html
Interesting article. More research needs to be done in this field and more people need to have an open mind about these things. Even though I wouldn't rate the Daily Mail....
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

My first post other than to say hello.

Understanding this is an older thread... This article caught my attention.

I would have to say that the stigma of revealing that one has had an ADC to someone is a little nerve wracking. People either look at you like you have lost your mind, or consider your experience nothing more than wishful thinking, grasping at straws because of grief or just plain didnt happen.

In the 6 months since my husband's passing, I have had several various experiences that I am unclear if they are actual ADCs or grasping at straws. If I am unclear, can you image what someone thinks that has no interest or experience in these matters?
I'm sorry about the loss of your husband. Grief is hard. It comes with loving someone.

I do not think you will be rejected here for admitting your experiences. Most here have had the same reluctance to share due to feelings that others will think them a bit kooky. I know it took me a long time to share mine. Now, sometimes I get too, chatty.

If you think you had experiences, you most likely have. Savor them, they are precious in their own ways.
Soak up the spirit. I can't think of anything more satisfying than when someone comes to comfort, visit, share, help, etc.
These occurances are very real. Many people have them. Enjoy.
This is a place for all types of experiences to be told! I love hearing of unique individual experiences form everyone. You will not be judged here.

I would love to hear your experiences if you are willing to share!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Seekinganswers67

Of course your husband has contact you..in every way he can. We are light beings so electronics is easiest but so are birds and wildlife.....

Once he has comforted you and put his life into perspective and is ready to move on, it will all mostly stop except where its necessary to comfort.
6 posts Page 1 of 1