Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone else have frequent dreams that send a message? Whenever I have a dream of a flood or myself being engulfed in water..something awful and life changing is about to come.

Whenever I have a dream where I see a tornado approaching it means change in a positive way or something that I have been anticipating is coming very soon.

I have tried to ignore the first kind of dream but I pay a huge price every time that I do..I am usually completely blind-sided by what is to come but either way..I don't think there really is a way to prepare yourself for life's tragedies whether you know it's coming or not.

I also now have to watch what I say...it can be subtle or huge..for example...I can tell a complete lie and it will happen. It's crazy.

I can think of something and it will appear somehow..no matter if it's just on a billboard..it happens a lot..but mostly if I am not intending for the thought to appear.

I hate this..I have asked that this..uhmm..'gift' be taken away. I want for things to be normal. It is ruining my life. I have the worst life ever. It just entails suffering. I hope I don't pay a price for just writing what I think down. All of this feels so crazy. I just wanted a place to vent.
Hmmmm....

There are several movies with story lines similar to the situation that your are reporting.

- Absolutely Anything (2015)

and

- The Man Who Could Work Miracles (1936)

come to mind.

The former movie ends with the desperate individual calling on his powers one last time to put things back as they were before he ever discovered his ability and willing away his power to work miracles.

There was also another movie the story I remember but the title I cannot. It was about a couple who were bestowed the power to make wishes come true which they also found ultimately to be problematic. The source of the power was evil in origin and the way that they finally destroyed it was by wishing an endless list of only all good and wonderful things for the earth and humankind. (The evil power was overwhelmed or vexed by the mandate to do good; ie, as that was both unexpected and contrary to its nature; it was instead expecting to fulfill wishes which were selfish based.)

Anyway, why Im mentioning all of this is because there seems enough precedent to believe that the ability that you describe ultimately seems to turn out to be a problem or even a curse for the individual if it is something that ends up to not be controllable.

All of these stories end with the affected individuals ultimately regretting their powers. Finally, these stories contain possible approaches for removal of such abilities.

A possibility for you may be to train to control you abilities in the pursuit of helping others (perhaps like an Edgar Cayce, Jeane Dixon or Sylvia Brown).

Rey
Ray

Truth is, I was quite irritated by your response at first but I thought about it for a few minutes & believe there is something to your thought process. What if I used my thoughts & manipulated my dreams to make others happy? The only thing that I do know is that the desire to help must be there. Maybe I am being humbled so that I will want to help others. Idk. Thank u.
(I feel like I am talking everyone's ear off... :P Figuratively, of course.)

I know this post was made over a month ago, but after reading it I automatically thought of "law of attraction". I haven't delved too much into this subject, so not sure if it's similar to this, but was the first thing I thought of. And then thought that if we co-create our world, then a simple thing as our thought/idea can be projected on to the world and manifest itself...
Which is probably why the advice to "think positively" exists... although can be incredibly hard to do when everything around you seems to be crumbling down, even if you're not thinking of it! ;P

I really hope things work out for the best for you. : ) And maybe this gift/curse can be a blessing in disguise.
michellekia wrote: Does anyone else have frequent dreams that send a message?

Hi, michellekia. I must admit I have been through a bit of what you are describing, but did not allow it to continue too long.
The worst time was when I was announced the unpredictable passing of a dear family member only 8 hours in advance, when there was absolutely nothing that could have been done about it. It was New Year’s Eve, and I was not only shown that there was this impeding tragedy, but that family on the other side would be happily celebrating New Year’s Day together.

I was also asked by my family on the other side: “Wouldn’t you be happy to know that when you get Home you will find us all here together?” As you may imagine, I was upset for several months after that specific occurrence.

However, I have now come to process it. In that case it meant to me that there are certain things that are simply out of our control and that there is no reason for feeling guilty about them. The doctors said they simply did not have an explanation for that sudden crisis and death. I also had to accept the fact that my family on the other side would be happily celebrating, even though we were left to deal with grief that physical death invariably involves, irrespective of our belief and/or knowing that death is not the end. Last, but not least, since this relative had lost his wife less than two years earlier, I began to suspect that what NDRs say about the existence of a choice NOT to come back may be actually true for some, and that some actually choose not to come back.

All in all, I had to accept the fact that I ought to be grateful for having been shown a glimpse of Home, and that my job in the here and now was simply to continue in the best way I knew how.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
@ prismreverie

I think you have a point. I could be manifesting the 'negative' thoughts within that are under the surface. I think that maybe I should change my thinking, which really takes a lot of courage whether we realize it or not. Thank you so much. :)
@ Giulia

Thank you. I am learning to remove the guilt from things that I have happened. I'm guessing it's just human to carry guilt when unfavorable things happen.
michellekia wrote: @ prismreverie

I think you have a point. I could be manifesting the 'negative' thoughts within that are under the surface. I think that maybe I should change my thinking, which really takes a lot of courage whether we realize it or not. Thank you so much. :)

: ) I hope this helps, and it does make me wonder how strong the "power of thought" is.
Sometimes I agree with the concept that we create/manifest our own world, but then I think, "Wait a minute. I know I didn't manifest that. I want nothing to do with that. I didn't think of that. So why is that there?" And then I think about the term "co-create". We're all living on this planet, so does that mean someone else put that there? (an issue, problem, situation, etc.) And if that's the case, is what I'm thinking/possibly trying to manifest, interfering with what someone else is thinking? Is this infringing upon free will? It gets me so confused sometimes, so that I have been trying to think, "Whatever the universe thinks is best, let it be."

Or I just think of positive vibes without any specific expectations, and just hope it reverbrates throughout the universe in a beneficial manner. :P
There is a
prismreverie wrote: Sometimes I agree with the concept that we create/manifest our own world, but then I think, "Wait a minute. I know I didn't manifest that. I want nothing to do with that. I didn't think of that. So why is that there?"

I totally support that line of thinking, prism. Assuming that we alone are responsible for creating "our own reality" is absurd, grandiose thinking that gives a human far more power than they will ever have. And it turns the living beings in which we are immersed, and the "heavenly body" that we live and move on, into a meaningless bunch of rocks floating aimlessly in space. It is absurd, egocentric thinking.

Consider the progress of man's concept of "the world" and how it has expanded. In about 2000 years it has gone from man being the center of the universe, residing on a flat, still planet with the sun and everything else rotating around it (geocentric); to a round earth; to rotating planet with the sun at the center (heliocentric); to seeing that our solar system is one of many; to discovering that the so-called "Milky Way" is not just nebulae and stars extending into eternity, but a system that we are a part of; to a recognition of galaxies as the primary organization of manifestation; to discovering that there are as many or more galaxies as there are people on earth. Our expanding awareness of the world we inhabit has moved the "center of power" consistently away from us.

There is a video segment of a NASA scientist laying this out in a much more cogent manner than I just did, I can't find it now, but the gist is: Man has consistently overestimated his importance, power, and position in the universe. And individuals have done the same to themselves. This is not a "new-age" concept. This kind of small, punitive thinking has been around for millenia, and is rooted in those old ways of seeing things.
Hi Precaud : )

I think there is SO much more to life than what's on this planet. Even in our own galaxy. I completely agree that "man" has not even scratched the surface of understanding our universe. They want to be able to have hands on experience, something tangible, and I think it would be better to think outside that box of gathering physical data, and focus on what we currently can't see. Such as the vibrations/energies/metaphysical phenomena..
To think we are the only beings in the world is preventing them from REALLY exploring what's out there. :P And perhaps it is the ego that is wanting to remain in the current state of "We are the only sentient beings in the world. We are special. There's nothing else out in the universe except for us." (They should have an addendum: "At least, not from what we can see... yet." ;) )
I have had one dream that I feel strongly is a premonition of things to come. I realize that the dream was possibly meant to prepare me for something and reassure me that things will be OK. But what I feel it predicted is terrifying and devastating to me. I have decided to just think of it as a dream and not worry about what might happen. Hopefully it was just my imagination.

Otherwise, I've had a few "dreams" which consist of just words being whispered to me in my half-asleep and half-awake phase, usually as I am coming out of sleep. I was told when my grandfather was scheduled to die (the actual date was a few weeks off, but close.) I have had a couple of predictions about events that so far have not come true, so maybe they will not. Yesterday, I was given the age I will be at my own death. And I've also had symbolic dreams that I feel were significant but I can't figure out what they mean. (A woman sitting at a table, giving me a silver envelope and telling me the number "146"-- what?? I did figure out that that's the approximate weight I'm at right now, and I have been trying to lose weight so maybe that's it)

So some of it may just be imagination, or symbolism about mundane things in life. Some of it may be significant. But I figure, if "they" are gonna give me messages that I can't figure out, then what's the point? I'm not going to worry about it too much, because if "they" really want me to understand then they wouldn't use obscure symbolism.

I also get the impression that the future is NOT set in stone, and we'd be wrong to try to predict the future because then there is the self-fulfilling prophecy phenomenon. Maybe these dreams are simply warnings of what could happen.
blue102 wrote:
I also get the impression that the future is NOT set in stone, and we'd be wrong to try to predict the future because then there is the self-fulfilling prophecy phenomenon. Maybe these dreams are simply warnings of what could happen.

I believe this too. I think Seth from the Jane Roberts books states it isn't concrete..not fluid though..kind of like plastic if that makes any sense..as to how the outcome of something can shift. Have a great Monday.
michellekia wrote: I also get the impression that the future is NOT set in stone, and we'd be wrong to try to predict the future because then there is the self-fulfilling prophecy phenomenon. Maybe these dreams are simply warnings of what could happen.

Ditto! I have been meaning to post the account of an experience which, even though it was not a dream, but an OBE, taught me a lot about NOT using ALL the information I was given at that time over a ten-year period, but simply wait and see. Waiting proved to be the right decision and also generated more questions about this really complex topic.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
13 posts Page 1 of 1