Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Because of the experience I had with the death of my daughter, I am searching for ADC stories that show a universal acceptence on the other side of this life. My observation is that these communications happen to everyone. Therefor I would like to find a story of a Gay man or woman that has communicated by way of an ADC. Additionally I am also looking for a Muslim ADC.

I've collected several ADC stories that show (or at least suggest) a broader acceptence. I have stroies about a Budhist, Attempted Murderer, Jehovah Witness that all communicated from the other side of this life. If there is anyone out there who would like to talk about this more I'd love to hear from you. Thank you for your time here.
Not sure about ADCs but the overwhelming majority (not a scientific term, but very true nonetheless) of reported NDEs show universal love and acceptance regardless of race, religion, sexuality, number of fingers and toes etc.
I've read experiences from mormons, gays, people who attempted suicide, soldiers, muslims, Jews, Christians of varying plumage, liberals, orthodox believers, athiests, Buddhists, you name it!
Turning it around and looking at distressing NDEs appears to be equally nondiscriminate. There is not any particular group who seems to be exempted from these or any particular group particularly prone. But here, we have much less data to go on, possibly due to the stigma and feelings of inadequacy etc that may result from a negative NDE.
Hi, Jack.

The first instance that comes to mind of an ADC involving a gay man has to do with the British IWW poet Wilfred Owen.

I happened to write my university degree thesis on Wilfred's life and poetry. Wilfred Owen made a tremendous difference with his work, because he was among the first poets in his country to change war poetry from something designed to highlight the heroic side of war, to exposing what he called "man's inhumanity to man". At the time of writing my thesis, I read everything I possibly could on the subject, especially Wilfred’s private letters to his mother and to his dear friend Siegfried Sassoon (also a war poet).

My understanding was that Wilfred was genuinely gay, and not simply going through a situation which temporarily took place among men sharing the war horrors in the trenches on the Western Front. Sadly, Wilfred died only a week before the armistice, on 4 November, 1918, at the age of 25. His family tried to protect his memory from the notion that he might have been gay and possibly questioning the fact that life continues after death (you can find further information about this here: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poets/detail/wilfred-owen), but I have always felt that the incident of his apparition seven days after his death to his brother Harold, who at the time was serving with the Royal Navy off the coast of Victoria (Cameroon), was not part of this fictionalizing strategy, but absolutely genuine. Harold reported this incident in his three-volume biography Journey from Obscurity (Oxford U.P, 1963), but you can read an extract here:

https://paulroland.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... e-meeting/

Even though he might have naturally been questioning whether death is the end, I have always been touched by the words Wilfred wrote in a letter home dated February 4, 1917:

Christ is literally in no man’s land. There men often hear his voice. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life—for a friend. Is it spoken in English only and in French? I do not believe so.

The link I have provided for this ADC, also includes one of Wilfred Owen’s best known poems, Strange Meeting, in which a German and a British soldier meet in the Afterlife.

About Wilfred Owen’s homosexuality, you may find the following article of interest: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 97676.html
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hi, good luck with your book. I have had some ADCs (in the form of visitation dreams) which you can read about in my post "Visitation dreams and please help" on this board. I would be glad to be of help. None of my visitations were from gay or Muslim people, however I was visited by my grandfather who was an atheist (and kind of rough around the edges in fact), so maybe you would be interested in that one?
4 posts Page 1 of 1