Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Good quote!
Hear, hear !
Quite true!
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
I wish I had the capability to enable others to see/hear/feel some of the experiences that I have been through... perhaps then they would have some belief other than nothing at all... Some of my friends (I actually don't know if I have any TRUE friends...) don't believe in anything and have a rather pessimistic outlook on life. :| It makes me sad, because I so want to reach them and others and tell them that there's so much more to life than what it appears to be.
Pr,
you can't tell them. Nobody can. Well, you could, but it won't work.
Take a page out of the Hollywood film makers manual (I made that up):
"Show, don't tell."

I think the only way we can really show the world is by walking the talk and living the dream that wasn't...
When psychologists start to see millions of people who have no fear of death popping up in their practices then the manuals will have to be re-written.
Science will start to take notice when more and more people report accurate descriptions of what went on while they were "gone". Sooner or later the evidence will amount to such a pile that nobody can get around the elephant in the room.

Telling the story has a place, because there are definitely people who are ready to hear. But if your experience is recent it will take a while to integrate into your new life. A lot of experiencers hit their heads on the brick wall of ignorance and fear that a lot of people put up. I would say, work on your new self and redesigning your life first, then, from this new stable base, tell anyone who wants to listen. But get yourself sorted out first because will need to be comfortable with your experience before you can communicate it without expecting anything back in return. That way, if you are snubbed, it will be no problem to you and when someone responds favourably it will simply be a gift.
Hello DennisMe,

I do need to get myself sorted out before I really delve into this head first... I need to accept what's happening and accept it gracefully, even if it pushes me away from the things I was once familiar with. I realize that my path is diverging from where I thought it was going, but it must be happening for a reason.

It's so weird, but I feel like with these experiences, it's almost like a cheat... because where others can only go with what they believe or have faith in, it was given to me, so I no longer just "believe", but know. So it's almost as if I feel I have an obligation to spread this message. Like, the universe told me it's secret, and wants me to do something with it. XP I know how crazy that sounds, but at least the message is one of kindness/love/forgiveness.. other than what it could have been. ;)
prismreverie wrote: It's so weird, but I feel like with these experiences, it's almost like a cheat... because where others can only go with what they believe or have faith in, it was given to me, so I no longer just "believe", but know. So it's almost as if I feel I have an obligation to spread this message. Like, the universe told me it's secret, and wants me to do something with it.

Welcome to the forum, prism. I appreciate your enthusiasm. I can very much relate to the feelings you described above. Let's look at them separately.

1. "I have a direct knowledge/experience of something that others can only have faith in." My hunch is, that feeling will never go away; it hasn't for me. You'll be able to easily recognize when you meet someone who is "self-aware". Think of it as a new skill you've acquired. So, what does one do with it? I agree with DennisMe; it's something you can't just describe to others and expect that they will "get it". Remember yourself prior to your NDE? No amount of words was sufficient to "give it" to you. The same will be true for others. And so finding ways to communicate, to demonstrate your new-found perspective is going to be an ongoing challenge.

2. "So it's almost as if I feel I have an obligation to spread this message." And here is where I think one needs to be more measured and patient. "almost as if I feel" is not the same as "I'm ready to". Don't pressure yourself to do or express something before you really own it. Again, I agree with DennisMe. Give yourself some time to live with your NDE, to integrate it. I can guarantee that your perspective on it will evolve with time. Let it work on you for a while. The experience will not change, but your interpretation of it will as your personality gradually integrates and adapts to the "new normal". I have come to see it as akin to building a new identity.

"Apart from giving it a name, you must be it." What a wonderful creative challenge and opportunity.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. It's my experience that, in any given moment, the better you are able to completely describe or give form to this "message", the fewer people will be able to relate to it. It's an odd and unfortunate dichotomy.
Welcome to the forum, prism. I appreciate your enthusiasm. I can very much relate to the feelings you described above.

Thank you Precaud! : )
It's like I have this longing to explore and understand these subjects, so my mind is constantly searching for information and discussions on these matters.

it's something you can't just describe to others and expect that they will "get it". Remember yourself prior to your NDE? No amount of words was sufficient to "give it" to you. The same will be true for others. And so finding ways to communicate, to demonstrate your new-found perspective is going to be an ongoing challenge.

Indeed. :P I have thought about just counting my experiences as a blessing and try to live life the best I can, and just hope and pray that others will come to accept these as personal truths and not just dismiss it as hallucinations or dreams (or chemicals releasing from the brain upon death (I was not even close to death when I experienced my events - and I don't drink or do drugs...)) but then another part of me does not want to let the Universe/God/Source down... Does that make sense? So I would like to be able to gently share my message without any expectation and just hopefully let that thought grow in the back of people's minds..

2. "So it's almost as if I feel I have an obligation to spread this message." And here is where I think one needs to be more measured and patient. "almost as if I feel" is not the same as "I'm ready to". Don't pressure yourself to do or express something before you really own it. Again, I agree with DennisMe. Give yourself some time to live with your NDE, to integrate it.

I think maybe I feel as if I've wasted so much time already... (and I made a promise to God...) so I feel a sense of urgency, perhaps. But then I think about all of those nde messages that say "everything is good. everything is love." so if that's true, why should I worry? Why should anyone worry? But then I think about those nde's that give us a glimpse into the future, and depending on which direction humanity ultimately chooses, decides for us what our outcome will be. That of positivity and love, or violence and fear. So... I'm conflicted, I suppose. XP
prismreverie wrote: I think maybe I feel as if I've wasted so much time already... (and I made a promise to God...) so I feel a sense of urgency, perhaps. But then I think about all of those nde messages that say "everything is good. everything is love." so if that's true, why should I worry? Why should anyone worry? But then I think about those nde's that give us a glimpse into the future, and depending on which direction humanity ultimately chooses, decides for us what our outcome will be. That of positivity and love, or violence and fear. So... I'm conflicted, I suppose. XP

I quite understand the feeling of urgency and conflict that can be experienced in everyday waking life, prismreverie. On the other hand, I suspect that many NDErs experience a first-hand knowing that positivity and love have a fabulous healing and creative power, which can be spread all around us simply by being that knowing.

Emotional contagion is a well-known and proven fact.

It is my hope that, if we find a way of being that loving knowing whenever we get the opportunity, or are reminded of it, we can certainly offer a contribution to awaken the knowing in other people and help making this world a better place.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
10 posts Page 1 of 1