Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
4 posts Page 1 of 1
It's a pretty generic question. :P

But I mean (partly), why am I here on this site? What led me here?

I'm here because of a few experiences I've had, and after researching online found nde's/ste's which has been instrumental in helping to explain what I have been through.

What makes me confused though is, why me? Why did I have these experiences? What am I supposed to do with it? Why do others seemingly not go through these experiences? Are they not listening? Do they need to have their heart and mind open before they can receive it? :|

I worry about my family and friends (well, everyone, really) because they seem so far from our ultimate purpose... it seems so easy to me (love and forgiveness), but in all honesty, I would not have gotten it if it weren't for the experiences I had.. so why was I allowed to have them? Or maybe others have had them as well, and dismiss it? Or explain it away?

I feel isolated and want to tell others, but... they don't understand. I don't know what I'm supposed to do other than "love and forgive"..
Welcome, prismreverie!

I'd love to hear about your experiences!
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
You probably should submit your experience(s) to the site for publication (provided that you feel comfortable with that).

In this way of course, it can be read by others for better understanding and discussion.

In any event, you came to the right place, but it's also not the only place. You will want also to look into IANDS.

Believe it or not some of the answers to what you are asking are already available.

You'll want to look at some of the Jody white paper studies categorizing the life altering effects of NDEes. (Dont have the urls at my fingertips, but let's just say that, in general, it has been found to take a few years for an experiencer to integrate their experience. And there's no doubt about it, most often the experience is life altering.)

You will gain insights about what is to be done regarding your experiences as it relates to others by reading the individual NDE accounts.

Why you should have had a transcendental experience and not others is not readily answerable, as the reason may be totally unique to you personally.

With time and contemplation, the reason may become apparent.

Many, as a result, find that they need to switch their direction or profession to teaching, book writing or going into a profession (often medical) that allows them to help others.

It will take a bit of time for you to integrate the research materials available on NDERF that will provide the needed insights.

Without doubt other forum participants/members will help discuss with you your questions and concerns.

Rey
Thank you Giulia and Rey. : )

And I have submitted my experience on the oberf website, but some of the survey portion ended up being misaligned... so the answers may not reflect correctly the questions. (Plus I am an avid smiley face user :P, and I notice a couple were missing which kind of altered the context of what I was saying.. but oh well! The main content is there.. and may be a bit of a read..)

http://www.oberf.org/rebecca_v_stes.htm

And I will check out those resources; there is a lot of information out there, and I wish mainstream news/tv would delve into this subject more to help bring awareness to everyone... but whether they don't because people just don't want to hear about it (out of fear/denial/etc.) or because of a different agenda altogether... it would be nice to get others of every nationality contemplating these things. : ) Makes me wish I knew a different language so I can help translate these experiences. (Maybe I should work on that. ;))
4 posts Page 1 of 1