Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
17 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to fellow readers of NDEs. : )

Although I believe all ndes are special, I am just curious as to which nde account really stood out for you and resonated with you... whether it was your own personal account or that of another.
I find myself sometimes either nodding in full agreement of what is being said, or sobbing like a little baby. :P

So if you could, please share those stories that really spoke to you.
Thanks! : )
Hi Prismreverie,

This is one NDE which resonated with me - it’s his life review which he describes with so much attention and meaning that stuck in my mind - my avatar was with this NDE account in mind.:)

Mohammad Z NDE
Oh mbee... now this account had me crying, and nodding my head in agreement. :P There are several wonderful aspects to this experience.
In particular I love this whole portion:

Mohammad Z wrote: One example of my life review was when I was a little kid. We were traveling by car and stopped somewhere along the way. There was a river not far from the road and I was asked to go and bring some water in a bucket from that river. I went to fill up the bucket but on my way back, I felt that the bucket was way too heavy for me.  I decided to empty some of the water to make the bucket lighter. Instead of emptying the water right there, I noticed a tree that was alone by itself in a dry patch of land. I took the effort to go out of my way to that tree and emptied some of the water at the tree base. I even waited there a few seconds to make sure the water is soaked in the soil and is absorbed. In my life review, I received such an applaud and joy for this simple act that it is unbelievable. It was like all the spirits in the Universe were filled with joy from this simple act and were telling me we are proud of you. That simple act seemed to be one of the best things I had ever done in my life! This was strange to me, because I didn’t think this little act was a big deal and thought I had done much more important and bigger things. However, it was shown to me that what I had done was extremely valuable because I had done it purely from the heart, with absolutely no expectation for my own gain.

Another example of my life review was when I was a 10 years old boy. I had bullied and mercilessly beaten another boy who was also around my age.  He felt tortured and deeply hurt. In my life review, I saw that scene again. The boy was crying in physical and deep emotional pain. As he was walking in the street crying and going back home, he radiated negative energy which affected everything around him and on the path. People and even birds, trees, and flies received this negative energy from him, which kept propagating throughout the Universe. Even rocks on the side of the street were affected by his pain. I saw that everything is alive and our way of grouping things in categories of 'alive' and 'not alive' is only from our limited physical point of view. In reality everything is alive. I felt all of the pain and hurt that I had inflicted upon him inside of myself. When this boy went home to his parents, I saw the impact that seeing him in that state had on his parents.  I felt the feeling and pain it created in them and how it affected their behavior from that point forward. I saw that as a result of this action, his parents would be always more worried when their son was out of home or if he was a few minutes late.

I saw that whenever I had done something good to anyone or anything, that I had done it to myself. And whenever I had hurt someone, I had done it to myself while actually doing that person a favor because they would receive some form of compensation or help from the Universe as a result.  This universal gift would be bigger than the damage I had caused to them.

I wanted to stay in the world of love, peace, and light, but they reminded me of my responsibilities back on the earth. I argued and refused to return. They told me that if I don’t return, I won’t be able to achieve certain spiritual capabilities which I would have received had I gone back to earth. I still didn’t want to return and would rather stay there. Finally they showed my parts of my future and how if I returned it would affect many other people and help them to see the Light. When I realized how much my return to earth would help others, I could not wait to get back to earth. However, these scenes from my future were erased from my memory upon return to the Earth.

And I can definitely see where you got the inspiration for the avatar from. ;)
This account also reminds me of this excerpt:

http://www.near-death.com/science/research/life-review.html
Kimberly Clark Sharp once shared an interesting near-death account of the life review of a woman who saw an event in her life as a child. The lesson the woman learned from her life review is that our actions which seem unimportant can be more important than we can imagine on the other side. When the woman was a little girl, she saw a tiny flower growing almost impossibly out of a crack in the sidewalk. She bent down and cupped the flower and gave it her full unconditional love and attention. When the girl became a woman and had an NDE, during her life review she discovered that it was this incident with the flower that was the most important event of her entire life. The reason was because it was the moment where she expressed her love in a greater, purer, and unconditional manner. This example of a life review by Kimberly Clark Sharp is one of my favorite examples because it shows in a dramatic way a principle that appears in many life reviews. The principle is that the actions we think are unimportant may turn out to be the most important act we have ever done in our life. Unconditional and spontaneous acts of love are the greatest acts we can perform - even if it is directed at a tiny flower.

Such wonderful, inspiring messages! : )
Thank you so much mbee!
For years I hid my experience from people because whenever I talked about it, I faced their ridicule, negative judgment, or accusation of hallucination and making up stories.

Quoted from: Mohammad Z NDE

This, on the other hand, is very sad and regretfully common. I have long been planning to post something to raise the issue about the notion of "hallucination", and will do so as soon as I get the opportunity.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hi Guilia!

I think this is another huge area where we need to re conceive the very notion of "hallucination" and what it means!?
mx
I agree, and believe that the whole notion of it being a "hallucination" seems to be a cop-out because they can't find another scientific satisfactory answer to this phenomena. It is nice though that there are some in the scientific community willing to take a nice long serious look at these events and study/research it with the respect it deserves. : )
I'm interested to know more Prismreverie.. can you suggest anyone in particular?
Hi mbee,

I don't have a particular name, but thiis link gives a nice rundown of doctors/scientists/researchers/etc. that have and are still looking into this widespread phenomena:
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html

All the research that they have gathered and theories that they are studying, are bringing this event to more and more people's awareness, and while it is hard to provide physical proof for the metaphysical, I believe that is the whole point. ;) But with more technological advances, I would say it's not too far from happening.
Thank you Prismreverie.. There are some very interesting NDEs described on this site!!
Here is a site compiled by someone who has chosen to remain anonymous and details many very interesting observations of phenomena including "hallucination":

http://www.allaboutheaven.org/observati ... lucination
Hello all

I see that you are posting direct links to various sites , which all seem to be in sync with what this forum is all about , so I don't see a problem with the destination of the links that you are posting.

What I would ask of you if you are posting links to other websites is that you use the aniwindow BBCODE to post the links .

It opens another window overtop of the forum and when you are done and close the window you are returned to yes the forum.

Here is a representation of the code to use ( this is a slow opening website so wait for it to open )

Hallucination

This is the code that was used to do this

Code: Select all
[size=600][centre][aniwindow]http://www.allaboutheaven.org/observations/types-spiritual-experience/hallucination,Hallucination[/aniwindow][/centre][/size]

Another Example

Near Death.com

Code: Select all
[centre][size=600][aniwindow]http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html,Near Death.com[/aniwindow][/size][/centre]

If you require any help to get this working , let us know and we will try to help you

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Thank you mbee.
I will make sure to check that channel out. : )

And thank you Garry, I will make sure to use the aniwindow bbcode next time. : )

Actually, I think I will use it right now. :P
Um...

Another informative site

There we go. ;)
My favorite is Amy Call.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/amy_c_nde_4720.htm

Even better is her speech here on youtube: http://youtu.be/qX803D_cofI

Rene Pasarow provides another amazing account: https://youtu.be/xB-T78qgfHM

Long videos but I found them quite worthy of the watch!

Edit to apologize for not following Garry's instructions! I am typing on my phone so I will have to fix this when I get to a computer.
My favorite is Amy Call.

Ami Call's NDE

Even better is her speech here on youtube:

Amy Call Lecture

Rene Pasarow provides another amazing account:

Rene Pararow Lecture

Long videos but I found them quite worthy of the watch!

For some reason I do not have access to delete my previous post.
lkb130 wrote: For some reason I do not have access to delete my previous post.

I have checked your user permissions, lkb130, and they are just the same as all other registered users'. If you wish, I can delete the duplicate post for you.

Thanks for the links! :)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
lkb130 wrote: For some reason I do not have access to delete my previous post.

A user only has the ability to delete their post for 15 minutes and this is done this way to prevent someone from posting a posting, where other users have replied to it, and then after someone has read it and replied to it, a user might delete their post which makes it look like the thread or topic posting doesn't make any sense.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Giulia wrote:
For years I hid my experience from people because whenever I talked about it, I faced their ridicule, negative judgment, or accusation of hallucination and making up stories.

Quoted from: Mohammad Z NDE

This, on the other hand, is very sad and regretfully common. I have long been planning to post something to raise the issue about the notion of "hallucination", and will do so as soon as I get the opportunity.

Thank you immensely for the link back to this particular NDE account.

I love what he wrote!

Small acts of love make a big difference.
Here is one of my favourite NDE accounts.

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirit ... index.html
I saw that I had been both wealthy and poor, man and woman, sick and well, royalty and common personand even victor or villain Yet, I fully understood that each life was vital and going on for a much needed purpose.

Every lifetime, I learned, is orchestrated by our guides and the Elders to flow perfectly with one anotherteaching us something important about life, the Self, the Self of others, our Creator and the potential that exists within the Super Universe that surrounds us all. For the first time I had a comforting sense of trust that no matter what happened to a person in life, only good could ultimately come from it, as down the road God eternally works all things to a good end.
(Christian Andreason, chapter 5)
17 posts Page 1 of 1