Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
24 posts Page 1 of 1
Since my NDE 5 years ago I have been seeing spirits and talking with some of them. Most people think I'm crazy but I thought this group would understand. In my job I deal with a lot of death (3 in the last 2 days) and not all the time but a lot of times the spirits are still hanging around, some are just there and some want to have a message given to some. Today I had a DOA and as soon as I walked in the house I could feel she was there. Then I saw her she was frantic moving around the house like she was looking for something or someone. As soon as her daughter got there it was like she found what she was looking for and she was gone. Was wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any stories would love to hear them.
Hi Greg,

I have a few stories to tell, but I'm out right now and my device is dying. XP

I will be more than happy to share them when I'm able to. : )

And to be honest, I think all of us experience a few things like this at some point in our lives, but some have more capability to see it, and others will dismiss it outright, since it doesn't fit their "logical" view of the world. ;)
Hi Greg,

I can’t say I have experienced spirits visiting in this way. I don’t believe you are crazy at all. There a many people around the world who, in some shape or form, come into contact with spirits of all kinds.

How would you describe them? are they aware of their state? Are they always aware of your presence? how do you communicate with them? I have read accounts were people describe such spirits in a process of letting go of attachments in the material realm, also of having unfinished business and needing to make closure of some kind with loved ones. Have you found ways in which to help guide them or do you just relate messages and information?
Hi Greg : )

I can't remember a time that I, personally, saw a spirit. But I believe I have been in the presence of them. Unfortunately it is not the same as seeing them for myself, or communicating with them, and I realize these are different accounts than yours, but maybe it will give you some peace of mind that others go through these spirit encounters as well:

One event that I can remember clear as day, I was in my early twenties, and I was feeling extremely heartbroken. Not just "boo-hoo, poor me" heartbroken, but as if my heart was literally shattered into a million pieces. It was a pain so overwhelming, that all I could do was curl up on my bed and sob into the darkness from the grief and despair. It felt like my sorrow had no end in sight, and just moving an inch hurt. Not physically, but emotionally hurt, everywhere. Even opening my eyes hurt. :|

Well, while I was deep in my misery XP (it wasn't due to a break-up, btw), all of a sudden, I felt someone(?) hold my hand. o.O Obviously there was no one there, but SOMEONE held my hand. And immediately this calming sensation washed over me, as if this peace rushed through me and settled within me. I wasn't scared, or startled, and I immediately stopped crying and just stared at my hand in amazement. Someone was there, and whoever it was comforted me. To this day I have no idea who this presence was. I don't know if it was a deceased love one, an entity/spirit/angel/ghost... I have no idea. But it helped me SO much overcome that sadness I was in.

Another couple of events, deals with my son - and I do think that children have a deeper connection to this realm for whatever reason.

When he was a tiny baby, he would look at the wall, the ceiling, just... nothing :| and then all of a sudden smile and laugh, while staring intently at nothing (that I could see, anyway XP) - I mean, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. He was seeing someone/something there. And when I hung a picture of my Mom on the wall by his crib - well sure enough he would stare at this picture with such... cognition, as if he's seen her before, recognized her, and I had him after my Mother passed away, so there's no way he could have seen her before. :\ Unless, of course, he has - in a pre-birth memory or what have you.

Another time was when he was 2, I was in the bathroom brushing my hair, and he comes in and points to me and says, "Ghost, ghost." I just give him a curious smile and say, "No baby, I'm not a ghost." Then he looks frustrated, and points BEHIND me, then says "Ghost." again. O.O It scared the crap out of me and I picked him up and ran out of there. XP

Unfortunately, as he got older, he seems to have lost this ability to see things that most of us usually can't see..
I would consider it a gift ;), and am quite envious that you are able to see these entities. : ) I know it is a difficult transition to make, but it may be there for you to help you in this life in some shape or form.

Sorry this post was so long. XP It is a fascinating subject and I hope in time we are able to communicate more easily and readily with the spiritual realm and it will be considered a "normal" and every day part of life.
Hi, Greg,

You're not alone. I have visually seen four. But, many other times feel connected or able to communicate.
I worked night shift in a geriatric home the last five years of my career. Everyone on the night shift in a nursing home can tell you stories.
Two were shadowy, like a white mist, sort of, I was not the only one to see it. It moved as though walking and stopped at a doorway as if waiting for someone to open the door. Some coworkers saw it and others did not. Another was a very large man dressed in all white, he did not speak. Some I could tell you in very detailed interactions, but I am always a bit leary to go there. Given more time I may another day.

Prism, Like you my son too, saw someone, his was a man he was able to describe in detail and always wondered who he was.
He too, outgrew this sense somewhere after the age of nine.
Hi Mbee
most of the ones that I see are aware of their state and the are aware of me. as far as communicating most is telepathic unless I am alone I will just talk to them but I have never got a verbal response. As far as what they want most of the ones I see have just died and some we are still working on. The hard part for me is getting the message to the one they want it to I cant just tell someone I was talking to their loved one that would cost me my job.
Hi prismreverie
First thing first don't ever be sorry for a long post I love reading them. they were great and the sensation you get from getting a visit is wonderful I am glad to hear you got that experience. As far as kids go I could not agree more they are much more tuned into the spirits then we are thanks so much for sharing
Hi ano1 nice to meet you thanks for sharing. I understand you being leary I am the same way there are a lot of things I still fear posting on here if you ever feel the need to talk to someone in the same shoes feel free to pm me I don't have all the answers but I do have a lot of the same questions thanks for sharing
Greg12953 wrote: Today I had a DOA and as soon as I walked in the house I could feel she was there. Then I saw her she was frantic moving around the house like she was looking for something or someone. As soon as her daughter got there it was like she found what she was looking for and she was gone. Was wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any stories would love to hear them.

Hi, Greg. I'd love to be able to sense and see spirits that frequently, though not if they made me feel uneasy or frustrated. I was wondering whether you could come to an agreement with them so that you can be of service if needed but not have them intrude on your private life or have you feel as if there were anything wrong with what is happening. It sounds as though, after your NDE, you came back with new skills to fulfil some new sort of work, at least in your free time. I guess the most frustrating thing for somebody who has just been pronounced dead is letting his or her loved ones know it is not true. My feeling is that, if you approached them in a gentle but firm manner, making clear what you can and cannot do for them, then you’d be able to relax on both sides and the other apparently uncontrollable phenomena you described in your opening post would also subside. Do you have any sort of community/facility nearby that helps with training in spirit communication?
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Thanks Giulia
They do not make me feel uneasy anymore I reall enjoy seeing them and I want to help them any way I can the hard part if delivering a message explaining to the family how I know that's when I fear it will cost me my job. I have been learning to tell the family some things in a round about way and it has showed on my evaluations that I do a outstanding job of dealing with the family's on a doa what they don't know is what I'm trying to do. I just have to be careful what I say and how I say it. I deal with it a lot seldom does a day go by that I don't have a run that is death or near death we have a big drug problem there are times I get 3 or 4 a day with that being said I do not see all the spirits but there are many that we bring back that I know had a nde I can see it in their eyes and the way they act so my question is does anyone have and advice on how to approach these people and what to say to them. Thanks for listening
In my experience, after working in a hospital for many years - most new nder's aren't ready to talk about what happened. At least not right away. I only spoke openly with two, ever. But, they had some time to think about it and were ready.
One was a teenage boy. I recognized the look and introspection. I looked at him and said, "You saw the other side, didn't you?" Instantly tears welled up in his eyes. He wanted to talk, away from family and friends, and was happy to know that I had also experienced one at the same age. That encounter was fulfilling for us both.
I don't think health care workers should push asking about it. I think only if the patient talks the lead. I know I did not want to talk with anyone after mine.
thanks Ano1 with the amount of overdoses I see there are a lot that you just know have been there and its just hard to decide to say something or not I am only with them a short time
Greg12953 wrote: As far as kids go I could not agree more they are much more tuned into the spirits then we are

Another story I have, deals with a child I was babysitting at the time. He was maybe... 3 or 4, and we were in the living room. Well, he starts talking randomly about his imaginary friend. I show some mild interest, asking him, "What's his name?" (can't remember it now), he jabbers his response; I ask, "What does he look like?", he starts to describe him, then says, "Oh wait. He's right there. Can't you see him?" And he points to a wall.

Like my son (when he was staring at the wall for no apparent reason) there was nothing there. But when this child pointed to his imaginary friend, my two dogs started barking, RIGHT where he was pointing. As if all of a sudden this being showed up. :\ And one dog seemed like he was trying to frantically get at whatever was there. :| It was one of the weirdest, craziest thing I've seen happen. I don't even remember what happened after that, just that I felt pretty freaked out, but was trying to remain calm and rational.
I don't doubt at all that kids can see these things. It does make me wonder though why some people that have been to the other side seem to gain this ability. Maybe their conscious perspective has shifted, to include both the physical and spiritual at certain times.

I can imagine it would be hard to bring up this subject to a grieving family, and feeling like you're in a rock and a hard place between consoling the family/spirit, and not knowing what to say, and the risk of your job at the same time.
Have you searched through other avenues like reddit or something like that to see if someone was in a similar predicament?
Your right kids are more tuned into the spirits. I have no clue why I can see them now. I have had no luck finding anyone to help to understand or how to deal with it I do now one person who has gone through the same things he is well known I won't mention his name here but we did have lunch and I spilled my guts to him he really did not have any advice he just listened and shook his head and smiled was not any help with advice but it did let me know I was not crazy
Hi Greg, I'm sorry about the tough time you're having trying to find someone who can help you through this matter, but at least it does seem like some people can relate ;) , although not being able to offer words of advice. Sometimes just a listening ear can help too. : )

Btw, I was trying to find a couple of sites that deals with paramedics/emts and their experiences with spirits, and ended up reading one man's account of all the incredibly sad encounters with death and injury he's seen... :'(
I wanted to say that to be a paramedic, or anyone working in the field of directly trying to save someone's life, and seeing all the horrors and heartbreak that humanity can bring to each other, is a very brave and strong thing to do and doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
I'm derailing a bit, but sadly, entertainers get paid (A TON) more and definitely feel like there's something wrong with the way our system is set up. Do we really care about tv/movies/sports that much to allow this dichotomy to keep happening?
If we could put our time and effort into what truly matters (each other) - we need SO much more help in the medical arena (financially and morally), the educational system, parental/social upbringing - the world would be a much better place.

Thank you Greg for all the work that you're doing. I never realized how much really goes into it until today. :| It is very much appreciated.
Thank you Prismreverie we do see a lot of bad things that happen to people but I have been doing this a long time and no one I know is in it for the money yes it would be nice to make more and not have to work several jobs but we are in it because we love the work love people and love helping people there are times when you want to hang it up but it has good times nothing feels better then saving a life or bringing a new one into this world thanks again
I have begun seeing what I think are "spirits". Not clearly, but they appear as movement in the room, kind of blurry mist. It may actually be my imagination. But a few weeks ago my husband mentioned seeing the same thing (I hadn't even told him). This only happens to me when I'm sitting by myself, relaxing in my den, or sitting in bed with my husband at night.

But if I actually saw a human form during my waking state (I have seen them in half-dreams but that's different!) I would be either on meds or praying to God to take away that ability because I would be freaked out to say the least.

BTW I hate to think there are spirits hanging around me when I'm sitting by myself. Usually I look like crap and am picking my nose. I make myself feel better by thinking they did the same when they were alive :lol:

When he was a tiny baby, he would look at the wall, the ceiling, just... nothing :| and then all of a sudden smile and laugh, while staring intently at nothing (that I could see, anyway XP) - I mean, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. He was seeing someone/something there. And when I hung a picture of my Mom on the wall by his crib - well sure enough he would stare at this picture with such... cognition, as if he's seen her before, recognized her, and I had him after my Mother passed away, so there's no way he could have seen her before. :\ Unless, of course, he has - in a pre-birth memory or what have you.

Oh I do believe they know our dead relatives! My older daughter saw a pic of my grandma and said her name, she was maybe 18 months at the time? I thought she was just babbling and wrote it off, but I got pregnant with her 5 months after grandma died so I just wonder about it.

She also started yelling one night and I went in there to check. She was standing up in her crib and she said "Man in my room!" :?
I've had some amazing experiences with spirits. Personally, I've never seen a spirit in human form, but when my brother died (back in 1991 at 25 years old) I saw him as an "energy." Think about how it would look to see a cloud in your living room crossing in front of the TV. That's what it was like. It frightened me. Also, after he died, I started "feeling" him in our apartment (as a single mom, it was just me and my son). One night, an inanimate object that was sitting on one of my coffee tables took flight - for no reason. My son was actually in the room when it happened. He was 11 at the time. I remember him yelling to me, "MOM, did you see that!" As I turned, I saw this object (it was actually a light bulb) landing in the middle of the living room floor. I was terrified and packed up myself and my son and ran to my parents house to escape the haunting in my own home. Ha! That didn't work. The spirit of my brother Sam was at their house, too. No escape...but we learned to live with it and were happy to have the acknowledgment that he was still with us, even in death.

My son, who is now 36, has indeed seen my brother several times since his death. Amazing, truly amazing.
blue102 wrote: I have begun seeing what I think are "spirits". Not clearly, but they appear as movement in the room, kind of blurry mist. It may actually be my imagination.

Hi, blue! Based on my understanding, that’s what happens in the beginning when you start practicing crystal gazing. When people succeed with this practice, the blurry mist eventually turns into distinct images and scenes, resembling those you could see on a mini TV screen. If one is really serious about this practice, and properly trained, it is possible to plunge into hypagogic-like imagery while in a relaxed waking state, and based on my experience this imagery can well include interaction with spirits.

I quite understand how you can feel if you have no control over these phenomena, but I also feel they are not designed to scare us, and that we can guide them into interacting with us according to our own sensitivity. Twilight states, such as when we are falling asleep or waking up, make these visions much more natural and vivid, but I have always felt that training to have the same while awake must be very exciting.

I quite agree that for children all this is absolutely natural: it is only when we grow up and are taught that it is not supposed to happen that we disconnect from the finer energies that make all this natural, and start thinking about haunting and earth-bound spirits, a spirit-phobic point of view which in my experience comes from a materialistic culture that fears death and the spiritual side of things.

I am very interested in hearing if any further events take place.

apwerner wrote: I've had some amazing experiences with spirits. Personally, I've never seen a spirit in human form, but when my brother died (back in 1991 at 25 years old) I saw him as an "energy." Think about how it would look to see a cloud in your living room crossing in front of the TV. That's what it was like. It frightened me. Also, after he died, I started "feeling" him in our apartment (as a single mom, it was just me and my son). One night, an inanimate object that was sitting on one of my coffee tables took flight - for no reason. My son was actually in the room when it happened. He was 11 at the time. I remember him yelling to me, "MOM, did you see that!" As I turned, I saw this object (it was actually a light bulb) landing in the middle of the living room floor. I was terrified and packed up myself and my son and ran to my parents house to escape the haunting in my own home. Ha! That didn't work. The spirit of my brother Sam was at their house, too. No escape...but we learned to live with it and were happy to have the acknowledgment that he was still with us, even in death.

My son, who is now 36, has indeed seen my brother several times since his death. Amazing, truly amazing.

Hi, apwerner, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

How nice that you brother Sam has kept in touch with you and your family. I feel that, if I were to die, the first thing I would do would be trying to let my loved ones know that I am still alive and OK. Finding out that, not only my family is grieving, but they are actually frightened by my attempts to connect with them would possibly cause my death to be a source of grief for me too. I am glad you feel comfortable with this. Based on your account, these experiences are not only visual, but also kinaesthetic, in that you “feel” Sam with you.

Once again, I feel the whole notion of “haunting” comes from our spirit- and death-phobic culture, which finds it unhealthy to dwell on the spiritual side of life. As the years go by, I am more and more convinced that we (physically incarnated humans) are fully part of what some call the Afterlife or the Spirit World or Heaven, and that, as we gradually open up to this, we may realise that, far from being the end, death is just a reawakening to who and what we really are.

Your post about dream visitations absolutely confirms what I was trying to say. Isn't it exciting that we have several lines of communication open at the same time? :)

Looking forward to hearing more about you, and thanks once again for joining and sharing.
Giulia wrote:
blue102 wrote: Hi, blue! Based on my understanding, that’s what happens in the beginning when you start practicing crystal gazing. When people succeed with this practice, the blurry mist eventually turns into distinct images and scenes, resembling those you could see on a mini TV screen. If one is really serious about this practice, and properly trained, it is possible to plunge into hypagogic-like imagery while in a relaxed waking state, and based on my experience this imagery can well include interaction with spirits.

Hm, that's interesting. Is there any way to make the ability go away? I don't like it, it makes me nervous.

I'm sitting here in my den right now and I think I see something hanging around, I guess it likes Alice in Chains.
blue102 wrote: Is there any way to make the ability go away? I don't like it, it makes me nervous.

Hi, blue! I guess it depends on what you think the ability is and what it has to do with.
Most of my occurances feel positive.
When I have had a few negative ones I simply ask it to go away in Gods's name, because I belong to God. It has always worked for me.
Ano1s solution works for me too.
I recently had a lucid dream where I was talking to this person who introduced me to his 'friend'. He was obviously very glad to introduce his friend as a powerful demon. I simply said something like 'So, what's you point; I am a child of the light, you can't touch me. I belong with God and Jesus.' The demon who had set this 'trap' had attempted to feed off my fear and failed miserably. Last I saw he faded into the distance with his tail between his legs (figuratively). I also knew that if I had felt fear he would have grown to immense proportions, thus causing more fear and trapping me in a vicious cycle of my own fear. The lesson for me here is that faith in God, or more generally belonging to the light, will prevent fear and not give negative entities any of your valuable "mindshare".
Good point Ano1 and congratulations, Dennis, on taking advantage of your lucid dream to get rid of the intruder. That was a really remarkable stance. Well done Image
24 posts Page 1 of 1