Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
20 posts Page 1 of 1
My topic is not related to NDE but I thought I would ask. I feel a lot of 'bad' energy coming along. Ever since I was rejected for a job I really wanted because my credit is less than perfect (this has never happened to me), I have felt so much bad energy coming. I was reading the works of Seth by Jane Roberts and it says to try to replace the 'negative' thoughts with constructive one. I'm trying but it's really difficult.
It's time to get up dust yourself off and start looking past the bad things in this world and start looking at the good. That job was not ment for you there are much better things and jobs in this world. Just relax the right job will come to you when the time is right just see the good and trust you will be shown what to do when the time is right. Just make sure your eyes are open to the good so you don't miss it.
Greg12953 wrote: Just make sure your eyes are open to the good so you don't miss it.

I think this is good advice.
I have so much to add but I get pretty long-winded, so I will just say that I have gotten to the point where I'm kind of like, "Okay." whenever something does/doesn't happen. If things don't go "my way", I try my best to shrug it off and think, 'it wasn't meant to be'. Or I think, "All right... what can I learn here?" Because, let's face it, there are terrible things that happen in the world. Unfortunately. But most of that is man-made, and since we have "free will" there's little we can do to control that. And as horrible as some of that is, we might wonder, "So was that meant to be?" My answer to that is "NO." but it's there, so how do we face it the best we can? And from what I'm gathering, it's all about love and forgiveness. (I'm honestly not trying to peddle that at every turn, but it makes sense to me.)
As far as what we want in life, and not receiving it, maybe it's just not the best route for us, as much as we want it. :|

(Lately, and I am not overtly religious, I have been turning to God/Jesus to try and help me through some struggles. ...That is another huge post from me that is one day in the making. :P)

But I do hope you can overcome your troubles michellekia. I will be here for moral support. : )
michellekia wrote: My topic is not related to NDE but I thought I would ask. I feel a lot of 'bad' energy coming along. Ever since I was rejected for a job I really wanted because my credit is less than perfect (this has never happened to me), I have felt so much bad energy coming. I was reading the works of Seth by Jane Roberts and it says to try to replace the 'negative' thoughts with constructive one. I'm trying but it's really difficult.

Hi, michellekia! The Theatre of Life is an excellent place to post this message, which I am sure so many of us can relate to.

I used to think a lot in terms of bad energy, when I was younger, and would read and research a lot about how to protect myself from it, especially when I worked in an office and had no way to choose my workmates. I used to put so much energy into protecting myself from bad or negative or low energy that I would feel exhausted.

Then I found out that it was absolutely unnecessary and that it would be much more helpful for me to think in terms of human beings having and being an inextinguishable source of loving, non-judgemental, positive energy, if only they realised. And the first person to direct that loving energy (I discovered) was myself: if I did not accept the idea that I could be a good person, how could I see the goodness in those who were “other” than me?

In my OBEs I have always been curious about looking at myself in astral mirrors, and I noticed how, over the years, as I started focusing on the positive side of things and situations (such as the possibility that there might be a much better job for you just round the corner), my appearance in astral mirrors changed tremendously. In the beginning (when I was focused on protecting myself from bad energy) my astral face looked bruised, my hair untidy, etc. Over the years, my appearance improved so much that I realised I had an excellent way of checking on myself.

Another helpful discovery was that (at least in my case) like attracts like. If I felt fearful, or guilty, or angry, defensive, you name it, I would attract the fearful, guilty, angry aspect of other people. If I felt joyful, grateful, blessed with the good things that surrounded me, I would attract the same aspects in other people and situations.

So, if trying to replace a negative thought with a constructive one feels like an effort, then - this is just a suggestion, I am learning too - it could be that there is a much easier way of handling it.

I realise this may sound abstract theory, and it still does for me, whenever my expectations are not met. But I felt I would share my experience, nonetheless.

P.S. - Speaking about mirrors, I was reminded of a quote I made a little while ago from a book that has always proved helpful and uplifting, at least for me. Here it is:

Give a lot, and allow yourself to receive in kind. Share your time, love, support, smiles and so forth. Bestowing gifts is like shining a light into a mirror: it always bounces back to you immediately. Just be sure that you allow yourself to receive.
- Doreen Virtue
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
What a great teacher of mine helped me in seeing Michellekia, is that EVERYTHING changes all the time. Everything is in constant change and we are there to watch it. So if one minute we feel helpless then the next enthusiastic, then next tired etc... we are still there watching these states. And (if we want to) we see that these states or moments don’t last and are not what we are. If you are able to start seeing it this way, they actually start loosing their power over you. It is amazing. As soon as we identify with a thought or feeling, like "this is how I am” then we give it a lot of power and totally limit our potential!! There is a lot of good advice and energy being sent your way!!!! mx
@ Giulia

I am exhausted. I try to ward off 'bad energy' from others and I had even found that treating them poorly (albeit responding to my ego) actually proved somewhat effective in the short term. I have been afraid to actually be who I really am inside because I feel like most others would take my mild nature for weakness as they simply can't understand how crazy the ego is making them. I'm sure there is a better way & I think you are right, it will just take my acceptance first before I can practice it.
I have received really good advise here. It has all been so helpful. Thank you all for responding. I really appreciate it. 8-) 8-)
michellekia wrote: Ever since I was rejected for a job I really wanted because my credit is less than perfect (this has never happened to me), I have felt so much bad energy coming. I was reading the works of Seth by Jane Roberts and it says to try to replace the 'negative' thoughts with constructive one. I'm trying but it's really difficult.

Trying to ward off bad energy is putting us in a defensive state. I think that if we go that way we will waste a lot of valuable energy, what we could use in more constructive ways. It also shows that we feel unsafe, that we have fears, fears that we might not be acceptable by others etc.etc...
As per my own life experience I can only say that the best remedy against this is to learn to see yourself as being perfectly ok the way you are. You are unique in this Universe, (everybody is), nobody else will ever be like you. You can fully accept yourself as you are, and love yourself (what doesn't mean to boost your ego). No bad energy can ever harm you, if you are not giving it the power to do that; best is not giving in to the fear. Because fear is paralyzing and often brings us into striking first which is counterproductive. My experience is that if you are radiating gentleness, kindness, sending other people (and yourself) loving thoughts, (unconditionally), this will come back to you one way or another. Helping other people is one of the ways that is making us happy.

( I like the mirror account of Giulia)

When I was much younger an old Lady was helping us out (my husband and me) in a bad situation, and when we thanked her many times, she said, 'Don't thank me, but if one day you meet somebody needing your help, just help them as a thanks for me. And if they thank you, tell them to do the same. In the end it will come back to me/you from around the world.' I never forgot it and it made sense.

Just one suggestion.
If you go to sleep at night, use your imagination to suggest to yourself, that there is like an invisible golden armour building up around yourself, which is protecting you all the time from whatever bad energy you are meeting in the next day, and the same time send much love and tenderness to your inner child. Our imagination is very powerful it will help you.

I have also been reading the Seth books of Jane Roberts, and I like them, they have lots of good advise.
michellekia wrote: I am exhausted. I try to ward off 'bad energy' from others and I had even found that treating them poorly (albeit responding to my ego) actually proved somewhat effective in the short term. I have been afraid to actually be who I really am inside because I feel like most others would take my mild nature for weakness as they simply can't understand how crazy the ego is making them. I'm sure there is a better way & I think you are right, it will just take my acceptance first before I can practice it.

It is a very hard thing to do, juggling between our ego/emotional state, and our purpose of sending out love and positive energy.
The conundrum here, is when we are surrounded by people who are exuding that negativity, or giving us that toxic feeling, our ego does want to defend ourselves, as a form of protection, or retaliation.
When is it okay to put our foot down and say, "Enough is enough!"
Is that something we should even be doing? Or should we instead, as it's been said, "Turn the other cheek."?
How many times should we allow being treated poorly, just because people see the loving/kindness/forgiveness in us, and use it to their advantage? :| Or think, "Oh, they're so nice. They won't mind being stepped on all over."...

I know these are feelings the ego creates, but when it's a recurring issue, when is it okay to love ourselves enough to stand up against it and walk away from it?

(I am doing my best to send out love and positive thoughts all the time, but sometimes I feel like it's coming back and slapping me in the face. XP)
I feel Prismreverie, that when we just BE - so not do, make or try - we are in a state where we are not waiting for anything. And in this state there is an amazing sense of peace through which love is naturally magnified. If we can achieve this peace then leave all the rest up to the greater forces of life. Often we think it is us who need to “do” but I believe, and I guide myself with this thought, whenever I can and whenever I find myself in such conundrums as a “mother”, that we need to go with the flow and not resist. Everything is a mirror and shows us what we need to see in that moment, whether we like it or not. We always can choose what to do with it because we have the power of free will.
prismreverie wrote: It is a very hard thing to do, juggling between our ego/emotional state, and our purpose of sending out love and positive energy.
The conundrum here, is when we are surrounded by people who are exuding that negativity, or giving us that toxic feeling, our ego does want to defend ourselves, as a form of protection, or retaliation.
When is it okay to put our foot down and say, "Enough is enough!"

I agree with you prismreverie, that it is easy to say and hard to do. Especially if the people we think are hurting us, belong to our direct environment (relatives, work colleages, friends).
For the most time in my life my intellect understood that the way of love and forgiveness is the right way, but I wasn't able to transfer it into my feelings. It's only since about 10 years that I found the right person to teach me techniques how to bring along the change. They worked fine. They have to do with how to heal our inner child, to help it to a kind of immunity towards what is hurtful, which is giving a lot of freedom from the opinion of others. Oddly when you reach this stage, you will not get the same problems anymore, it's a bit like having learned a lesson and graduated, you go on dealing with other kinds of problems :)
About saying 'Enough is enough' we can do that whithout having a bad feeling. It always depends on how we transmit it to the other person, as this person is most of the time also hurting and is sending it's hurt onward to us. If we understand that, it might be easier.
I'm not going into details about the techniques unless there is some interest for this in this forum. If so I will be glad to explain what has helped me. But I have to emphasize that nobody else can do this work for us, we have to do it ourselves. And it will not appear miraculously in a day, nor in a week, it needs perseverance.
Thank you mbee and Marguy for your input. : )
And thank you michellekia for starting this thread.

Marguy, I am very interested in your technique for helping us deal with the hurt of others, and the hurt that they try to transmit to other people. I have one friend in particular... I call him "friend", but that may be wishful thinking on my part... who seems to do everything in his power to hurt me (mentally/emotionally/spiritually - not physically) and try to deliberately get me to think negatively. He knows I advocate love and Jesus, so it's like he's trying to counter that with his negativity and to tear me down to break me or something. : ( Why does he do that? I honestly thought we were friends. Why would someone deliberately try to tear someone down who cares about them? :| He's doing it very intentionally and is completely aware of his actions. ...It'd be different if he was just doing it without realizing it, but that is not the case.
@ prismreverie

I really appreciate your input. I have read some great things :) . As far as your friend goes..sometimes I do this thing where as I 'give things to Holy Spirit' & claim that I won't worry about it anymore. It works a lot of the time and I know that it has something to do with my still Christian but not-so-Christian belief system. There are some things about Christianity that my thought system has not given up..not that this is a problem or concern..I just wanted to provide you with an example of how powerful beliefs can be. I sometimes pray the night before that I accept Holy Spirit's help.

Give the 'problem' of this friendship to something else..and have whatever it is fix it and don't worry about it...and you will most likely watch this 'issue' get resolved in a way that you didn't see happening yourself.
prismreverie wrote: Marguy, I am very interested in your technique for helping us deal with the hurt of others,

prismreverie,

Actually the way to proceed is meant to work on ourselves.
I am going to prepare a text including the technique in the following days and post it when it is ready.
As English is not my mother tongue, this will make it easier for me to explain it more fully and in detail, whithout too many spelling errors.
michellekia wrote: @ prismreverie

I really appreciate your input. I have read some great things :) . As far as your friend goes..sometimes I do this thing where as I 'give things to Holy Spirit' & claim that I won't worry about it anymore. It works a lot of the time and I know that it has something to do with my still Christian but not-so-Christian belief system. There are some things about Christianity that my thought system has not given up..not that this is a problem or concern..I just wanted to provide you with an example of how powerful beliefs can be. I sometimes pray the night before that I accept Holy Spirit's help.

Give the 'problem' of this friendship to something else..and have whatever it is fix it and don't worry about it...and you will most likely watch this 'issue' get resolved in a way that you didn't see happening yourself.

Actually :P, now that you mention the Holy Spirit, I think He is the one who may be trying to get me to see that there is only so much we can do to help others find the truth, before we have to let go and let them find it on their own. I can not force someone to see my way of thinking. All I can do is be an example and plant the seeds of love and light, and just hope they will be affected by it in a positive manner.
I believe "my friend" is deliberately trying to tear me down to try to get me to see his negative side, instead of working on seeing my positive side. ;)

But that is good advice, and I will give up these issues to God/Holy Spirit, and let Him lead the way.

Marguy wrote: prismreverie,

Actually the way to proceed is meant to work on ourselves.
I am going to prepare a text including the technique in the following days and post it when it is ready.
As English is not my mother tongue, this will make it easier for me to explain it more fully and in detail, whithout too many spelling errors.

Thank you Marguy. : )
I would appreciate that very much. And I think your use of the English language is wonderful. :)
for you prismreverie and michellekia

A way to heal the inner child.

I'm relaying this the same way as I learned it, with (in between brackets) some comments, about how I personally experienced or do certain things, that might be helpful. The method is using visualization and imagination.

First part: Getting into a meditative state.
To begin with, you need a quiet space with a seat, for about 20-30 minutes, where you will not be disturbed.
(As it is often impossible to have this during the day in our busy world, you can use half an hour in bed before going to sleep. That's how I practice it.)
Get into a comfortable position. Close your eyes.
Firstly direct your attention to your breathing and the tip of your nose. Don't breath in a certain way, just let your breath flow as it wants, and only watch it, while it is passing the tip of your nose. When the air is coming in, feel the cool of the air, going out feel its warmth. After a short time when you are able to follow your breath, try to also feel, at the same time, whatever is moving in your body while your breath is flowing. Your chest, shoulders, back heaving etc.
(Listening into your body, and feeling your body is important.)
When you are able to watch simultaneously your breathing, and your body, you try to also feel your heartbeat at the same time. (This is not so easy for everybody, some people feel their heart immediately, some need some time to get it.)
(For me it is easier to feel my heartbeat when I'm in a stretched out position, it's feeling as if some stream is gushing through my neck and ears.)
Remain like this for sometime, watching everything at the same time. Being so occupied to concentrate on all those different feelings and places, keeps your mind from thinking about other things. You will start to feel more relaxed and I suggest that you enjoy this for some time.
Stop here at your first tries.
(Anytime when your concentration is wavering, don't worry, don't judge, don't blame yourself or give up, simply get back to try again until the time is up.)
If you are in bed, you simply can let yourself go into sleep.
If you are meditating during the day, you stop the meditation by taking your attention back to your breathing, breath a few times voluntarily and deeply, before opening your eyes slowly, then do some stretching with arms and legs and move around.
After some time, you will get used to it and it will take less time to get into the meditative state, and the concentration needed will come easier.
After a prolonged time of practicing, the time to reach this state will become shorter and shorter, leaving room for other stages.
In the long run, (months?a year?) you simply have to put your attention to your breath and tip of nose, and calm is coming immediately, wherever you are, (for example at the dentists, or in a bus) no need for a special place, it has turned into a reflex.
(Already this first part is very useful to get relaxed and it can help a lot.)

Second part: Get in contact with your heart (and your inner child).

(The heart region is connected to our emotions. When we have joy, love somebody or something, our heart feels warm and good; and if we are going through arguments with other people, our heart is hurting, if we are angry we often feel as if it would burst. At least this is so with me. The heart area is always reacting with our emotions.)

Go into the above meditative state and concentrate on your heartbeat.

If you feel relaxed put both hands (crossed) on your heart and ask your heart the following question (mentally):
My heart, what do you need or wish from me? The question can be repeated once or twice.
(This question should be asked in earnest and honestly, wishing to get an answer. It may look strange to talk to our own heart as if it was a separate being, but this is one way to get in contact with our heart and our inner child. Probably there are more ways but I only know this one.)

After this question just listen and watch out what will happen. Maybe nothing, maybe strong feelings are welling up (very probable), maybe tears are coming. All those reactions are normal, there are no prescribed reactions. Let them come and go.
(When I did ask the question the first time, tears began streaming down my face, and I felt very shaken. I almost couldn't believe I was crying as I had not done this for quite some time, as I was at the time a rather introverted person. We were in a course, with our teacher leading the meditation, and many of the other participants experienced similar reactions, as I learned later on.)

After a while the next thought we direct to our heart is:
If I ever, knowingly or unknowingly, have hurt you, I am sorry. Please forgive me. (can be repeated once or twice)
Again wait some time and watch your feelings. Let them come and go.
Anyhow after a while, send a feeling of love and gratitude towards your heart, for all the work it has done for you from the start of your life until today, and for everything it will still do for you in the future.
( I had difficulties at first to raise a genuine feeling of love, and was browsing through my memory for moments where I felt strong love for my children, my pets, my husband and family and tried to transmit this feeling to my heart or inner child.)
Then also send love and gratitude towards your body telling it the same.
To close the meditation, same as above.
This second part can be repeated until, later on, the emotions of this part will not come up same as before, what is a sign of a certain healing process. (Nevertheless from time to time we are repeating this part in our course.)

(My own experience with this meditation is that I feel more in tune with my body and soul, I'm stronger and more balanced, and cannot easily been hurt by whatever bad or aggressive comments people make about me with others, or directing towards me. I can now see that they have the problem, and I can either smile about it, if it seems childish to me, or feel compassion for them, or simply keep away from this kind of people when I first meet them, as I seem to know their way even before they show it. The first part of the meditation is something that I use regularly. Being thankful, grateful! I'm closing the day, being thankful for everything it brought me and for my cozy bed, and opening the new day on the next morning, being grateful that I'm still here, in good health, being able to eat my hunger, having a roof over my head, together with my family on this beautiful earth. I can recommend that, as it helps to stay happy. I'm not dwelling on the bad things happening in the world. Most of them I cannot change from where I am at. The only person I can change, is myself. Do I love everybody? I'm not yet far enough evolved to be able to do that, but I try to have understanding, not to hurt people in any respect. So I'm not yet through, there are still a lot of things left for me to learn.)
Thank you so much Marguy for this meditation technique.
Ironically, my heart lifted just by reading this post, and it brought tears to my eyes already. : )
For not being a native English speaker, you have a wonderful way with words. ;)

I will put this into my *hopefully* daily/nightly practice.

And I am trying my best to love everyone as well, but of course there are days when I feel like, "What's the point? No one's getting the message anyway..." and my heart relapses and shatters again.
So it is an endless work in progress.

Thank you again for this post. I really do appreciate it. : )
prismreverie wrote: For not being a native English speaker, you have a wonderful way with words.

Thank you, prismreverie, now my EGO has been boosted very high for the day!!! :D

I know that my English is not too bad, it's only that it is difficult for me to put a longer text in a post without preparing it, because I lack some words and expressions, and have to read and reread it because I can't see my spelling errors well on the computer. So it's easier for me to prepare it in a text program where I can use a spell checker and look at a dictionary for the correct expression.
I just want to add something to the text, as I kept it quite matter of fact.
The highlighted sentences that we can ask our heart; you can use your own words/expressions as long as they convey the same meaning.
If anybody wants to use this, it is important to mean want he/she says/thinks. You have to be honest with yourself.
I have a vivid imagination and it helped that I imagined my inner child like a very young orphan child (2 years?) craving for love and affection. This triggered my compassion. Now my child is most of the time laughing, chuckling, playing happily around.
Marguy wrote: being grateful that I'm still here

Good Day Marguy

Long time , no talk. Its a short slow period in my work-a-day world between havests where I get to have a normal life of an 8 to 5 workday and weekends off .

I read through your description and I also found it very well written and worded, where I have actually used a very similar technique to achieve the results I was looking for .

I have to question, ( for lack of better words ) this statement

Each day I accept that I am still here and I go about my duties whatever they may be , but I find it hard to be grateful that I am still here when I know ( in my heart )

• That there is a new exciting adventure for me beyond the veil
  • That the experience of thought or consciousness carries on with expanded capabilities
  • That you know and understand , " That everything is as it is supposed to be "
  • That we are in a school here " to Learn "
  • That life as we know it " Is an Illusion "

and many other things that I have learned from studying the experiences of others who have had the brief exposure to the light , and from my own experiences that I have had over my lifetime.

I remember being a kid in public school when we get out of school on June 28th, for " Summer Vacation ", and the feeling of waiting for what seemed like forever for the last few days to pass before the last day of school. We did nothing at school to make the time pass quickly and it was torture having to wait for the day , and then the hour , and then the minute where at 3:00 in the afternoon we were let out to begin the " Summer Holidays "

I am grateful that I am still able to share my ( physical ) time with my wife and family but it is also torture , to live inside my head and look forward to the day and the knowledge that, it is my time to go and to experience the feeling of passing from the physical to the spiritual

I look at it as a vacation that I am going to take in the future, but I am not sure when.

I live my life each day with this as my guiding principal......

The Station

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Dear Garry,
'The Station' is a real good text that resumes a bit how I think. Thank you for posting it. It's always good to find people having similar ideas.
Why am I grateful that I'm still here? Well firstly, it could have been differently, if my breast cancer had spread, instead of being in good health today.
Second: At the time of the disease I told myself that the time had come to profit of every single day, to live it as fully as possible, to use it in doing valuable things. What I am doing right now.
Today I understand that life is like you get free tickets for an adventure fair, you can go on a carousel or on a ride in a ghosthouse or on the roller coaster etc.. On the carousel it's going up and down, sometime faster and sometime slower, it might be a bit scary when it's too fast or when it passes through a tunnel, but you get out at the other side and can continue your ride having fun. Then you make a ride through the Ghosthouse, which is really scary, and start screaming, at the end you also get out. Well I will not leave the adventure fair until I have at least tried out several of the games and profited fully of my tickets.
There is another thought (a bit heretical) that came to me after reading so many experiences. We are experiencing life not only for us, but also for the 'creator' of the adventure fair and of ourselves. If 'HE' is always present in us, then HE is probably also experiencing it through us. Why not letting HIM also having some fun. It seems that HE has quite a lot of humor.
20 posts Page 1 of 1