Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
3 posts Page 1 of 1

OBE

I have had an out of body experience before that ended with a voice telling me to stop looking for romantic love. The voice didn't say it like that..I just understood what was being 'said' & translated it to verbal English. I have never felt like I needed love from the opposite sex until now. It's like my whole thought process has changed & I don't see the purpose of a relationship without being in 'love'...which I have found ridiculous because everything in this realm is 'special' love..not really love at all. Enough of my ramblings, I just wish I knew what to do to quiet the thought of having a loving partner. It's really eating at me lately. No one has ever been in love with me that I know of whom I have loved back.
Hi michellekia : )

Today has been one huge synchronicity for me for some reason. (Probably because I was up all last night thinking about a ton of things, and then woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. XP - I haven't done that in a LONG time...) So it feels like someone/something out there is telling me to not give up. :P

It is so weird to see this post today, because I have been thinking about the same things recently. Literally just started this year. I was completely fine beforehand. Didn't think about being in a relationship, didn't think about finding love... and then boom! It just hit me. :|

I have never been "in love" before. I have loved, but never felt those butterflies in the stomach. And the one person I did start to develop feelings for, was someone I knew I shouldn't have, but I don't think you can pick who you fall in love with. ;P It would be nice, because I would love to return those feelings to someone who actually cares about me, loves me, thinks about me, etc. But alas, maybe my predicament is the same as yours. As a matter of fact, I was actually asking for a sign saying, "If I'm not meant to be with anyone, then so be it. That's Your will. If I am meant to be with someone, then I'm sure it'll happen."

Would you mind expanding on the out of body experience? Do you know who or what this voice came from?
I know people say that when you stop looking for love, it'll find you, so maybe that's what this voice was indicating?..
And as for me, I am quieting those thoughts by being as kind and loving to those around me as I can, and working on understanding what God wants me to do.
@ prismreverie

It feels strange because I have been married before and I am 39 but never had the whole 'butterfly' feeling either. I never really needed for anyone to be 'in love' with me more so than just respect me, help out with the household & treat me nice enough the majority of the time. I think the feeling probably goes a bit deeper than just a partner...maybe we both are just realizing or accepting the role love really plays in all things and why it should be there. 8-)
3 posts Page 1 of 1