Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
19 posts Page 1 of 1
I've always been seeking God.

I thought that if I read many near death experiences, it would surely tell me where God was.

Following this path, most near death experiences suggested a New Age type of God - love is all that matters, there is no sin, there is no evil, there is no hell, there are no demons, God loves everybody, etc etc.

So I became a New Age believer, even though I was very unconfortable with a God that condones sin and crime and that let everybody get to heaven.

But then another day came and I heard about a priest called Gabriele Amorth, the famous Vatican's exorcist.

After I read his book, and then others, and after I searched for many videos in youtube and so forth, I became convinced of the works of the devil...sin... of the righteousness of God... and of a God that is personal and that actually cares about us, to the point of sending his own only son to die in the cross for us.

So in short, I became a christian.

Now I'm in the Catholic Church and I've started doing chrism, and I'm very much happier now.

I believe lots of near death experiences are deceptions, for it's written in the bible that Satan can masquerade himself as an angel of light.

New Age, as a doctrine, is so screwed up and is really a work of the devil. I no longer believe anybody that comes with a story of a God that is pure love and that at the same time tells us we don't have to worry about sin and we can live our lives doing everything that we want for sake of "learning and evolving spiritually".

Sure, not all NDE's are from the devil, and I believe that the most profound ones are not. Like the one that Mr. Howard Storm had, that led him from being an arrogant atheist to a devout christian.

That's all I wanted to say and this is probably my last thread in this forum.

Joshua.
You will get no rebuff from me.
I know my nde was not from the evil one. I have the power of the holy spirit within me. Nothing can ever trump that.
Evil does exist in this world. Evidence of it surrounds us daily.
Here are some thoughts I wrote years ago on this site.

You are right about opening your heart and mind, question everything and listen for the answers of the spirit. That spirit is a gift, part of God. It is His way of communicating with us.
I have difficulty with us believing in our own leadership alone. There is a very real leader.
I don't believe any one religion has all the answers, and some are fake altogether, but most do provide true guidance and human leadership. The bible still survives after all these years - no other book can claim that - I believe the bible survives because God wants it to.

I have checked out spiritual ideas and 'new-age' thoughts over the years, especially in the early years after my own near death experience. These spiritual ideas are exciting, mysterious and intriguing - but they lack the loving, enveloping fullness of the true word and love of God. As Christ, He died so that we could have eternal life with Him. I have felt His love fill me so full that I could almost not breathe because of its completeness. I want to continue to have it in my life. And, I want to be with Him eternally.
Spiritualists, for some reason say they are open minded. But, are they really? Most, I find are very closed minded to this issue. I find spirituality alone to be very empty, and in times of trouble it does not love and comfort me. There was a time I looked to it for leadership - but leadership does not exist in new age spirituality, everyone is essentially on their own. That is way too empty for me.
I believe you, ano1, about your NDE - I believe it was real. And I'm glad you can understand what I'm talking about and why this New Age movement has nothing substantial to offer. (Not to mention it has satanic roots).

What you said about evil is also true - evidences of evil are all around us. One just needs to turn on the TV or read the newspaper to notice that it is a real thing. But some people will believe just what they choose to believe... human nature I suppose.

I believe the bible will always survive because it is the word of God. There are people who think they are too hip, too cool, too sophisticated to tie themselves to the "narrow-minded" thinking of Christianity. But I believe it is the truth and God wanted it to be this way, because he hates arrogance and pride and is pleased with the humble.

I believe He is a personal God and He is fully revealed in our lord Jesus Christ. And this God is WAY better than the unpersonal, indiferent god of the New Age belief (they may say the god of new age is "pure love", but as he condones every sin, it doesn't matter to him what you do). So God may be love, but he's also just. And I'm very glad He is just the way He is.

Joshua.
Me, too.
Hello Joshua : )

I know the world is full of questions, but I just would like to mention, I think when people say that God is pure love, unconditional, it doesn't mean that he condones sin, it means that if we are to love one another the way he loves us, we wouldn't want to sin in the first place. I think that's the whole point. If we are to truly love one another, there would be no sin. Hence, solving the world's problem.

But that is just my perspective on it.
I hope you come to find the truth and love no matter what path you choose. *hugs*
ano1 wrote: You will get no rebuff from me.
I know my nde was not from the evil one. I have the power of the holy spirit within me. Nothing can ever trump that.
Evil does exist in this world. Evidence of it surrounds us daily.

I'm not an expert in NDE, but in the last years I have translated more than a thousand of them, and have been reading most of those on this website. In order to translate these experiences I had to dive deeply into their accounts, trying to understand what they mean, as in the English language there are words that one can translate into different words in another language, so I have to watch closely what I do.
I'm convinced that what these people experienced is genuine. I came to the conclusion that every person is experiencing their own individual experience, (as we all do even in this physical life) even though there are a lot of similarities. And that this experience is a joint experience between the 'other side' and the person having it. The biggest problem seems to be to communicate it in human language, as what they experienced seems to be far beyond normal human understanding, and that there are no adequate words in the human language(s) to express it properly. So once they decide to communicate it, they have to use human words and this leads to confusion, especially when the word 'God' is used. It probably comes closest to what they want to convey, but most people have their own views about 'God' (transmitted to them by religions and traditions and recently New Age, and adapted to their own experiences in this life).
The Ancients knew about this problem and therefore commanded not to make ourselves an image of God, what was taken literally in a ban of any artistic expression in certain religions. My own idea is that even our inner pictures of God are but pictures and do not convey how and what 'God' really is. We will have to wait until the day comes.

I never encountered an NDE where people were told to hurt others, or do them any bad things.
I'm convinced that what these people experienced is genuine.
(Marguy)

Yes, it's genuine from their point of view. But I don't believe all these times people report seeing a being of light, it means that they are seeing God. Who knows? What we know is that in many cases, the message this being of light sends to these people is not like a message you would expect to be coming from God. I remember I read one experience when a woman reports seeing her father in heaven, telling her to come back, it was not her time. But her father was a freemason, member of the KKK and wife beater. Forgive me, but I don't believe someone like this would be in heaven. I also read a NDE that was caused by a drug overdose, and the man was also into witchcraft, and he reports seeing a being of light and coming to a place where he felt peace, love and warmth. Is this the true God? To me it seems the "God" of this world, which tells you that you can do everything that you want that it's ok. "Go throught the wide gate, for every road leads to life."

For a different perspective of this over simplistic God that is just "unconditional love" and there's nothing else about him, I suggest people to read other things and get other perpectives. I suggest reading father Gabrielle Amorth - the experiences he describes are also genuine.
Joshua,
Now that you have become a Christian I suggest you study theology at the highest level you can manage. I did, and it was really worth it. This will help you find out lots of useful facts about how the church came up with its current beliefs and dogma. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!
For one thing its really good to take the biblical advice to heart in 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21.
I also like to test all things and hold fast to what is good. You have a good point with rejecting new age relativism in general. However, you shouldn't lump genuine near death experiences in with "new age" because they are really separate phenomena. By doing so you may be inadvertently hurting people and that can simply never be a good thing. Most NDE experiencers were not new age believers when they had their experiences, so you can't just label their experiences as new age. Just because the devil can and does appear as an angel of light, does not mean he is one. Things that appear to be a certain way can simply be revealed when investigated so that their true nature is revealed. The excorcist you read about works the same way. He reveals demonic possession and such phenomena by investigating properly. If he didn't he'd be "excorcising" brain tumors half the time! Appearances are often deceptive, even when the devil is not involved! My point is you can learn to detect the difference between the devil and a true angel of light.
There is another danger. Read Mark 3:20-25 . What this passage means is that it is an unforgivable sin to attribute genuine works of the Holy spirit to the devil. Here Jesus is accusing the Pharisees of this crime.
My conclusion from all this is to refrain from judgement if there is any chance of being wrong. Knowing myself I realize that the chance of my being wrong is extremely high...
Hi Joshua,

Would you mind providing a couple of links on Father Amorth that particularly stood out to you? And helps support the idea that the being of light in ndes are not of God? I have looked a bit into him but so far it has mostly been about demonic possession.

It is not fair for me to only give you my perspective, without trying to understand yours. So I will be on this road to discovery as well and hope that we both can find it. : )

A couple of things that I have picked up from some of the articles, as of yet, are the quotes below:

"And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:31-32, NIV)

I must admit, I have no clear idea what this means, but my conclusion is that the Bible condones forgiveness - how can the Bible condone forgiveness - even with such as Hitler, Stalin, etc.?

Perhaps, and I am taking Father Amorth's beliefs into account here, since they were allegedly possessed by the devil/demons, it was not their true human actions, and so were forgiven for their lost and confused state of mind. If a spiritual warfare is really going on here, then who is really doing the most grievious misdeeds in the world? Now I do believe people alone are capable of terrible atrocities, but if demonic possession is real, then that could attribute to some of the evil as well. The way to be truly saved is by coming to God/Jesus/Love and heal ourselves and others by loving them.If you believe that Howard Storm's testimony is true and genuine, as do I, then Howard met The Light, and was told, "Love one another. That's the plan. If you do that, you will change the world." (for the better. ;) )

And Jesus Himself says, to the Father, "Father, forgive them; they do not know what they are doing." - Luke 23:34

So in my eyes, if the person is truly repentant of their deeds to one another, asks for forgiveness from the heart, then yes, I can see God welcoming them with open arms. It is when they feel as if they don't need to ask for forgiveness, as if they did no harm when they committed their sins, is when they turn their back on love and their salvation. Because, again in my belief, God can not and will not let evil, darkness get into Heaven. So if a soul holds more evil in their heart than love, then that soul needs more development and will not gain entry until their work is done. We do not know what that entails spiritually. We only know that we are in this physical realm so far. Perhaps these "troubled" souls are on a different plane to help them with their development.

And I have read some near death experiences that give credence to demonic possession, so I do believe that it's possible. And I do believe that some people either make up near death experiences to support their way of thinking, or they might be being misled. I am not doubting that some ndes might not be from God, but I understand why so many feel that enveloping and unconditional love. Satan and his demons, to my understanding, are anything but loving.

Another article that I think is truly disturbing, comes from Father Amorth himself... if, of course, we are to take news articles at face value... which can be a harmful thing to do if we don't do our own homework...:

Amorth on the vatican

To be honest, I would be more leary of things going on in the vatican (I have read some things about that, and let's just say it raises some red flags...) than near death experiences...

After all, the Bible does say: "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on everyone. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams." - Acts 2:17

We don't know what "last days" mean technically, but this verse is, at least to me, incredibly reminiscent of ndes.

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/chief-exorcist-gives-spiritual-advice wrote: Following St. Therese of Lisieux's example, he knows we will be judged on love. But, because of the Fall, "the deeper reason that prevents communion with God is, again and again, the fear of God; fear that keeps us from feeling loved as a child." This is the angel of darkness's deadly lie, that "God does not love you." This is "the worst of evils" and source of all others: "Not having known the Father." Without the Father's Love, "the law is just a heavy burden."

Father Amorth said to follow Christ's example and abandon yourself completely to the Father, trusting in Him to protect you and keep you safe from Satan. He warns that this does not happen without active participation on our part, however, and it requires constantly watching ourselves daily in order to "transform our state of servant into the rewarding identity of a son."

The famed exorcist also warned against half-heartedness, or lukewarmness, which he says is the most formidable diabolical trap. The remedies, he says, have been known for 2,000 years: "humility, faith, prayer (the Rosary), frequenting the sacraments (Mass, the sacrament of reconciliation), living a Christian life in conformity with the Gospel, doing works of charity and forgiving our enemies."

To be honest, I'm finding it hard to see where, in at least the above mentioned articles that I did look into, it paints nde's in a negative light. As a matter of fact, they seem to condone nde's messages: "Forgive our enemies." "Love the sinner, hate the sin." "God is Love."

And again, I will agree that if the nde presents an indication that "we can do all the sinning we want and still be forgiven, so knock yourself out", this would be really difficult to swallow. But MOST nde's are not giving that message. They are saying, "Love one another. Treat each other with kindness. You are loved." Some will say, "God loves you no matter what." And I believe this too! That's what they want us to know and remember. If we learn, beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are loved, completely and wholly, we would not want to disappoint our Father and would not want to fall into sin in the first place. That's what I think nde's are trying to teach us. Not that we can sin whenever and hurt whoever we want. But that we are born out of love, and it is our nature to return that. I think it was our decision, at our soul/spirit level, that wanted to experience that separation In the first place. And God is so benevolent to grant us that, along with free will, and wants nothing more to be reunited with us. Stripped of everything unholy, of course.

But these are just theories that I have been reaching from my experiences and studying up on these subjects. Not anything that I can say with flat out certainty.

DennisMe wrote: Read mark 3 from vs 20. What this passage means is that it is an unforgiveable sin to attribute genuine works of the Holy spirit to the devil. Here Jesus is accusing the Pharisees of this crime.

I think this will benefit me as well. : ) Thank you DennisMe. I have been looking into reading the Bible, mostly because I have this urge to learn about Jesus more, and things in my life seem to be synchronically leading me to Him... as strange as that sounds. :P
Well this is slightly (completely) embarrassing. Or another synchronicity for some reason.

I quoted the text from Matthew 12:31-32 from one of the articles because I thought it'd fit nicely with how God is forgiving. (except with blasphemies against the Holy Spirit..)
Then today went to read Mark 3 at the above suggestion from DennisMe.

Imagine my surprise when I realized, they're the same thing!

Forgive my new-ness to this area, but does the bible repeat certain passages/stories often?
It blew me away to find them so similar:

Mark 3:3-6
3 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand up in front of everyone.” 4 Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent. 5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

Mark 3:20-29
20 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21 When his family[b] heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.” 22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.” 23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Matthew 12:13-14
13 Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

Matthew 12:22-32
22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23 All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?” 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.” 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house. 30 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. 31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Needless to say, it left me feeling rather silly for quoting the same thing right after. :P
Prismreverie,

Have you seen that some people come back from the other side giving one kind of message, and other people come from the other side giving another message, and if you compare the two, you see that one message contradicts another?

This leaves room for a lot of confusion if you're trying to buid up your spirituality based on near death experiences.

I remember a woman who had a near death experience and the main message she came with after seeing God face to face was... You have to love yourself unconditionally. What a wonderful message, isn't it? (irony). So, there are lots of near death experiences that points to a new age typr of Gof, and there are also near death experiences that lead you to the christian side.

Lots of near death experiences, or maybe most of them, say that love is the main force in the universe, and that in order to conect with God you need to love. But it doesn't talk much about sin and redemption, and our need to purify ourselves.

In my case, reading many near death experiences led me to this notion of an extremally benevolent God, and also an unpersonal God. And I was unhappy with this vision of God.

When I read father Amorth I saw the reality of the devil, of evil, something I was very familiar with but somehow I had forgotten. And somehow this vision of an extremally benevolent God didn't match with the reality of evil, sin, redemption, holyness, etc. Concepts that are very important in a christian life.

About blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, it's another issue.

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/w ... onable-sin
Nice to see you Marguy.

Dennis,
like what you have written. You are clear and well spoken.

The bible has many writers and you will see, at times, the same message is, like you noticed, in different books.

From my nde... God is love. Loves us so much as to forgive and understand our crazy earthly ways. But, I was definitely reminded of my foibles during my life review. They were not forgotten, but they were forgiven.
Hi Joshua,
Thank you for getting back to me. : )

I realize I can not persuade someone who is against a certain set of beliefs to believe them, and although conversations to explain each side of one's ideas is nice, most of the time it gets discussed with no real changes in each other's conclusions. ;)

So saying that, I was going to write out a much longer post :P, but decided to say this instead:

I remember one nde in particular (amongst others who have said similar things) that said:

Nilda P wrote: Nilda P
“THE PATH”

NOT ALL THE PATHS ARE FOR EVERY WANDERER,

WHEN THE WANDERER IS READY AND FROM THE DEPTHS OF HIS SOUL BEGS THE UNIVERSE

THAT ALL THE NECESSARY FORCES SHOULD BE MOVED, ALL NECESSARY BREAKTHROUGHS SHOULD BE COMPLETED TO ACHIEVE JUSTICE …, NOT A UNILATERAL AND ARBITRARY JUSTICE, BUT THE UNIVERSAL JUSTICE…,

THEN THE PATH WILL THROW THE DOOR WIDE OPEN AHEAD OF YOU,

NOT ALL FOLLOW ALIKE PATHS....

BUT ALL THE PATHS HAVE ONE DESTINATION WHICH IS THE LIGHT.

This to me kind of helps explain why a lot of people follow this religion, or that religion, or spirituality, or believe in redemption, judgment, salvation, Heaven, Hell...

Each path might be different for each person, to help them grow that best suits them. It's when they stray from this path into *darkness*, that they will have to own up to their deeds through divine justice. The path we have laid out for ourselves will always lead us to love and growth, and we are doing something right. If the person is headed into deep sin and darkness, then that means they have strayed away from the path, but are always welcome to return to it. But when we get too far from the path, then we will get lost, and will be harder and harder to find our way back. Which is why, in my belief, Jesus really is a savior, because he is that love and light, and when farthest from the path, if we can manage to find that light, He will lead us back to it. Otherwise, we lose ourself and head deeper and deeper into darkness. But Jesus is always there to lead us back, if we would stop and look, and ask, and want to atone for our sins.

Now I realize I have no idea where Nilda heard that voice from, but she does believe in God and Jesus, and has chosen that path. Perhaps Jesus is the most direct path, but if others have chosen different paths, then as long as they live for love and compassion, it will lead them to Him. He IS Love.
And if some can straighten out their life by believing in justice and atoning for one's sins, then that is the path for them.
And if others can straighten out by believing that they are loved completely, then that is their path that is most beneficial for them.
Just out of speculation.

Thank you again Joshua. : ) I am not trying to get you to believe what I believe, just trying to explain why I believe the way I do. But I do pray for all of us that we will all come to an understanding and knowledge about these things, and be saved both here in the physical world, and the spiritual one. And I enjoy reading about your perspectives as well. I hope it helps you on your path too.
prismreverie,

As a christian, I believe Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. I don't believe there are many ways, but one only way.

I think the bible is a more reliable source about salvation and destination of the soul after death than near death experiences. And if you really think about it, you'll see a problem in near death experiences is that,

The subjective recollections of those who experience heaven via NDEs are wildly divergent and mutually contradictory—and seemingly informed by their preconceptions. Raymond Moody’s fixation on an eternity devoid of judgment is compatible with his occult predilections. Betty Eadie’s recognition of Jesus from life in the preexistence is consistent with her Mormon beliefs and background. Don Piper’s claim that Jesus will return within his own lifetime harmonizes well with his endtime presuppositions. Bill Wiese’s notion of reptilian-looking demons commissioned to torture humans as the caretakers of hell is consistent with medieval folklore and superstition. The Burpos’ extrabiblical revelations comport well with modern-day prophets who routinely foretell the future. Eben Alexander’s flights with “the Girl on the Butterfly Wing”21 align with his evolutionary preconceptions and his marginalization of sin and the need for the Savior. And, of course, the Malarkeys’ description of the Father with a humanlike body and a devil with three heads fits well with modern sensibilities respecting the ontology of God and angels.

http://www.equip.org/article/contradict ... periences/

Also, if you believe the bible is true, than the only path to salvation is Jesus. If you don't believe the bible and think there are many ways to heaven, then you'll conclude that Jesus is also a way to heaven. So, it's much safer to believe and follow Jesus than to believe there are many ways. If the bible is wrong you'll get saved anyway by believing in Jesus... if it's right, he's the only way. Keep in mind that the bible is not just ancient men's opinions and views... it has supernatural revelation. The apostles saw Jesus after he died. He performed miracles. He casted demons out. I think there are plenty of reasons to believe in the one, coherent vision of the bible instead of the many and self contraditory views of near death experiences.

Also, believing in Jesus makes you a better person. You realize your sins and try to avoid them. When you believe there's no sin, you don't make any effort to stop sinning, to make yourself a better person, because you're going to heaven either way. There's no notion that there's something evil about sin, and about the reality of evil.

Human nature isn't an all beautiful and pure thing. God is not within us. Our heart is wicked and selfish. Salvation doesn't come from ourselves; it comes from God. There's only one truth and infinite lies. God wants us to know the truth, and the devil wants to deceive us. Any lie in which we believe in will be fine for him, as long as we don't reach the truth. Jesus said he's the truth. I believe him, Amen.

Joshua
Prismreverie,
what you discovered about the parallels between the gospels is called synopsis by theologians:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_Gospels

It means that the authors of the gospels of Matthew Mark and Luke probably made use of an original manuscript and added some of their own words here and there.

For anyone interested in modern theology here's an excellent little book as a primer on the subject. Its easy to read and will give you a great overview. I highly recommend it and I have no hidden interests in its sale whatsoever:
https://www.amazon.com/Theology-Very-Sh ... 0199679975
Hello Joshua, I am glad you found your peace during your spiritual search for God and the meaning of life, I certainly think that is one of the most Noble and important aspects a person can do when searching for the higher meanings of life. I also see that from the tone of your writing that this might be your last post on this site and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you or if you will even get to see my response.

The reason I feel compelled to write you is that I wanted to address some of your comments and concerns about Near Death Experiences and hope what I say can help you understand how I see the precious Gift of Life we all possess.

When I experienced my near death experience it was a wonderful process that changed my life for the better, it helped me understand the importance of: Family, Commitment, Peace, Happiness, Forgiveness, and most important of all, Love!

As much as I wanted to stay at that wonderful place it was decided that I had to return here, and my Divine instructed me to live out my life out to the fullest, to Love the ones that come into my life unconditionally, and to give them Hope that there is a wonderful Divine that is watching over them as they live their life.

I understand that different people see different versions of God from this site and all over the world, but isn't it amazing how the message from Near Death Experiences always and consistently point to Hope and Love?

That was the message I shared with so many people in my life and it was a wonderful feeling to help comfort them, inspire them to be better people and to have faith that although we are not perfect, we are loved by our Creator that has a Home for us to come back to when it is our time!

Most of the people I come into contact are very supportive and I only hope the stories and experiences I shared brought meaning to them in their individual search for life, but then there were others who were upset, or tried to demonize my experiences in some fashion, because it didn't fit their doctrine in some way or another and for that I apologize.

I just wanted to share what I experienced and the only thing I can do is reassure people who reject Testimonials of survivors that had Near Death Experiences that they are real! I can't offer proof other than sharing my story of what happened to me during that critical time of my life and a very peculiar thing that happened to me that convinced me what I experienced was real!

I was shown the elemental process of Quantum Mechanics, the concept of Space/Time, and other advanced aspects of science that was not known to lay people of the 1980's when my near death experience occurred. I was shown the linking process of micro/macro fields and the dependence of extra microscopic dimensional structures in order for reality to exist in our physical world by the process of Super String vibrational frequencies. This was way beyond my capabilities and interest at the time of my death, so why would I experience something I had no knowledge or interest of during that time?

I didn't fit the profile of a person who might have subjectively created an imaginary world to make me feel better until I die into oblivion, I experienced something so profound and out of the ordinary and out of place it would be impossible my experiences were from the result of wishful thinking. I just don't have the imagination to come up with such profound truths shown to me on that faithful day, besides my immediate concern should not have been Science, but when am I going to lose consciousness and cease to exist? Ha-ha, so I have to accept what I experienced was real since I can't find any other logical reason for such a strange thing that happened to me as I lay dying.

I would like to leave you with one reply that stuck out with me concerning your thoughts about people who had Near Death Experiences. You stated that you thought the message Near Death People had for the living is that we can do what we want, not worry about Sin, or anything else negative or evil, but I think you are misunderstanding the process of what we went through at least for me. The message for me was not to do as I want, but to do what is right so that I can find the peace and love I so desperately need in my life while I am here with you and this wonderful world of ours!
Joshua wrote: Also, if you believe the bible is true, than the only path to salvation is Jesus. If you don't believe the bible and think there are many ways to heaven, then you'll conclude that Jesus is also a way to heaven. So, it's much safer to believe and follow Jesus than to believe there are many ways.

I may have already mentioned this in some other thread, Joshua, but according to the Italian theology and history of religion researcher Igor Sibaldi, who has personally retranslated the Greek version of John's Gospel, most times Jesus said "I" He was not referring to Himself but to people's Higher Self, as opposed to the various "we/us", i.e. the communities that set the alleged rules that need to be complied with in order to meet certain requirements. If Igor Sibaldi is right, this would explain why Jesus' message was misunderstood. For instance Jesus' words as per John 16:16 would have suggested that our relationship with and awareness of our Higher Self is intermittent and not constant, which is what causes us to become confused at times, and be enlightened by knowledge, understanding and intuition at other times.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Giulia, You are such a blessing to this forum.
That concept makes perfect sense to me. Thanks, for sharing.
19 posts Page 1 of 1