Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
8 posts Page 1 of 1

phpBB [video]

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Thank you Garry for that analogy. : )

It was cute and enlightening at the same time.

I love the implication that if what we once thought was real, is not real, so how do we know that our newer perception of real, is real? Perhaps there is a different truth to the "real real" that we can't perceive yet.

Me, personally, believe that all these forms we are currently seeing: people, items, nature, etc. have a vibrational/energetic form, that most of us can't see or sense yet. I think perhaps some people can tune in to these other forms of "being", but it takes practice and awareness (or perhaps sometimes direct divine intervention... ndes?...) to tap into this new sense of perception.

Thanks again! : )
prismreverie wrote: Thank you Garry for that analogy. : )

I love the implication that if what we once thought was real, is not real, so how do we know that our newer perception of real, is real? Perhaps there is a different truth to the "real real" that we can't perceive yet.

You Don't Know Shit

A guy was seated next to a 10-year-old girl on an airplane. Being bored, he turned to the girl and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The girl, who was reading a book, closed it slowly and said to the guy, "What would you like to talk about?"

Oh, I don't know," said the guy. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff... grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The guy thought about it and said, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the girl replied, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"

Garry wrote: I recognise that I don't know shit so I am just waiting for my day to go home and learn all about it :

By the way :

Do you know where the word shit comes from

Subject: Fabulous bit of historical knowledge

Ever wonder where the word "shit" comes from. Well here it is:

Certain types of manure used to be transported (as everything was back then) by ship. In dry form it weighs a lot less, but once water (at sea) hit it. It not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by-product is methane gas.

As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen; methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern. BOOOOM!!!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was discovered what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure where always stamped with the term "S.H.I.T" on them which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Bet you didn't know that one.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
:P
At first I didn't know how to take this post, but it is acutely accurate.

We are all on this planet, either simply living to the best of our abilities, and/or searching for the reason why we're here and what makes the world go round. ;P

Garry wrote: I recognise that I don't know shit so I am just waiting for my day to go home and learn all about it :

Whenever my son asks me, "Why did God make bumblebees?"
Or, "How did God make the ocean?"
"How did God make pizza taste so good?" lol

I answer, "I don't know honey. We'll find out when we get to Heaven and we can ask Him."
(And that's assuming that Heaven/God as we "know" it is real. ;))
prismreverie wrote: :P
At first I didn't know how to take this post, but it is acutely accurate.

We are all on this planet, either simply living to the best of our abilities, and/or searching for the reason why we're here and what makes the world go round. ;P

Garry wrote:

I hope you also got a chuckle out of it .

You see I used to know everything , When I was young and Stupid..... I think Teenager is the proper term for all my professed wisdom.

I had my OBE when I was 18 and never thought about it until I was around 50ish

Its taken me many years to come to the realization that " I don't Know Shit " and It took me a few more years to finally recognise that I don't care about the fact , That I Don't Know Shit , but what I do care about is that in my mind , I have recognised and accepted , " That I Don't Know Shit " and that I am happier for it.

I simply accept my " Faith " in that there is " More to This Life than Meets the Eye " and I once again post my favorite essay.

My Story and My Favorite Essay

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
@Gary

Yes life is an illusion. It's some kind of experience. I have to remind myself that our true multi-dimensional being is truly magnificent but we may or may not be able to feel our true being here. I always remind myself that I am experiencing this..I am not this...and that I am perceiving what I see..it's not necessarily true. ;)
michellekia wrote: @Gary

Yes life is an illusion. It's some kind of experience. I have to remind myself that our true multi-dimensional being is truly magnificent but we may or may not be able to feel our true being here. I always remind myself that I am experiencing this..I am not this...and that I am perceiving what I see..it's not necessarily true. ;)

I understand and agree with your words in your post michellekia

What I would like you to explain to me is the reason you put the @ in front of my name

I have seen this many places on the net and never understood the significance of it .

I ask this in all honesty as I don't use Twitter and I believe that is where it has originated from

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Gary, I have no idea where the @ comes from either. lol...everyone on social media seems to do it so I did it too. Have a great day. ;) ;)
8 posts Page 1 of 1