Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
I like it because it's so true and dogs seem closer relation to humans than many other animals.

I know I write of my father fairly often in posts, so here's a question about his dog. The night before my father passed away of cancer, we had been told he was septic and to go home, get rest, and be back in the morning when they unhooked the machine that was breathing for him.

My mother told me when she got home she was in emotional shock and went straight to bed. Shortly thereafter my dad's dog began to howl and did so all night long until early hours of the morning. This is something she'd never done before EVER.

Next morning dad passed shortly after 9am We made the necessary phone calls, arrangements, etc. We naturally took care of the dog during those days afterwards, but she was never the same. She used to walk around with her tail up, but she walked around with it pointed down after dad was gone. She wasn't an old dog for a poodle. Only 8 or 9, but she died within 3 months although seemingly totally healthy.

Have you or anyone else witnessed such behavior in a dog or other animal when their owner passes? What is most curious to me is how she could know dad was dying when he'd been away in the hospital for 3 full months. I find it even odder she died after almost the exact amount of time dad was in the hospital from the time he passed away.
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I've finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already! ~ Dave Barry :)
sevinufnine wrote: Have you or anyone else witnessed such behavior in a dog or other animal when their owner passes? What is most curious to me is how she could know dad was dying when he'd been away in the hospital for 3 full months. I find it even odder she died after almost the exact amount of time dad was in the hospital from the time he passed away.

Hi, sevinufnine (and Garry). We have a dog who is now 14 and she was almost in a coma for hours when a close family member passed, a few years ago. She is now older and can hardly hear or see, and she follows us around in the house all the time. She is like a child for us! Apart from the year after she was abandonded by her previous family, she has always been happy and trustful. I am glad we found each other. :D
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
3 posts Page 1 of 1