Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
7 posts Page 1 of 1
In the last few weeks, I have had several OBEs during sleep.

In one of them, (after about a half hour of astral adventures inside my house), I was in my dark kitchen, traveling back to my bedroom. As I passed by, the space over the cabinets had a light and something like a bubble light show projecting onto the wall.

In the other one, a few days ago, I was sitting (though out of my body) on the side of my bed. I was looking towards my dresser mirror which had an image of a beautiful cave set in a golden woodland area. I realized the cave was a doorway of sorts, and I was welcome to go into it. I am not sure why I didn't, but I started to lay back down in my body. As I did this I noticed that there was a gentle light coming from under my bed, illuminating the floor. I thought to myself "Oh, there's a light under my bed." Then I woke up.

I am a person who snores, so I wonder if I am actually losing oxygen and basically dying in my sleep, and coming back to life.

What do you think?

What's with the light coming from behind the cabinets and the bed?

Edit:
I want to add that, on the same night that I saw the cave, I heard a (very quiet and far away voice) say: "You get to live your life. They need me here." I heard this right before I woke up.
Had another one last night. I recall that I was in my kitchen again (apparently my favorite hangout when out-of-body) and looking at the digital clock on the oven: 1:10. I was concerned (for some reason?) about the time. I was worried that my daughter, whose bedroom is upstairs, was not in her room. I went up the stairs and stopped near her door and looking down the stairs as if I were near the ceiling. I went into her room. Now, although it was dark I could somehow see in the dark. No, there was no light but I could see everything. I hovered over her bed and she was there, sleeping. I felt the warmth of her body and I saw exactly how she was positioned in the bed-- guys, it was so clear, no one can tell me this was a dream. I said to myself "OK, she's here." I briefly thought about giving her a kiss but didn't... instead, I guess I went back to my bedroom and went back to sleep... it fades from memory after that.

It's weird, and I could accept that it was just a dream, if it weren't for how absolutely clear she appeared in her room and her bed. I didn't just see her, I felt the warmth radiating from her body, I saw her breathing. Her hair was all spread out over the pillow. Some parts of it seem dreamlike but that part doesn't.
Hello Blue!

Very vivid experience you were having! I don't know much in the way of OBE's but every one I read is very fascinating. They are all very personal to the person and perhaps can have an insight to whats going on with them.

Hopefully someone with similar experiences to yourself comes on board for a chat and we can all discuss.

I appreciate you sharing this experience with us.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.


Your hunch may well be right that you are dying to a certain extent. My guess is that you suffer from sleep apnea. The snoring is a typical symptom. Most people think its just an awkward bedroom issue and treat it lightly. Don't make that mistake. Sleep apnea causes heart attacks, general lack of energy, and regularly kills people.
Please get yourself checked by a physician asap!
This happened to me and it triggered a burn-out from which I am still recovering a year later.
DennisMe wrote: Your hunch may well be right that you are dying to a certain extent. My guess is that you suffer from sleep apnea. The snoring is a typical symptom. Most people think its just an awkward bedroom issue and treat it lightly. Don't make that mistake. Sleep apnea causes heart attacks, general lack of energy, and regularly kills people.
Please get yourself checked by a physician asap!

This happened to me and it triggered a burn-out from which I am still recovering a year later.


I am very sorry to hear about this, Dennis. I’ve never come across sleep apnea and had no idea it could be so dangerous. It is very wise of you to suggest that this issue be checked out as soon as possible, especially in view of the words blue heard.

blue102 wrote: I want to add that, on the same night that I saw the cave, I heard a (very quiet and far away voice) say: "You get to live your life. They need me here." I heard this right before I woke up.


Blue, when I was having my first OBEs in the early '90s I used to stumble into warnings or obstacles, designed to keep me from seeking more of these experiences. One of the warnings came from my physical body itself, though it wasn’t as profound as the one you are reporting (“They need me here”). It was more of a selfish request (my body called out and said “Don’t go. Please stay and cry with me”), and it wasn’t in a quiet voice but in a moaning voice. So I’d take Dennis’ recommendation very seriously, and if you do not suffer from sleep apnea, then that’s fine. At that point one could actually consider the quiet voice as a soothing reassurance speaking to your physical body.

blue102 wrote: In the other one, a few days ago, I was sitting (though out of my body) on the side of my bed. I was looking towards my dresser mirror which had an image of a beautiful cave set in a golden woodland area. I realized the cave was a doorway of sorts, and I was welcome to go into it. I am not sure why I didn't, but I started to lay back down in my body. As I did this I noticed that there was a gentle light coming from under my bed, illuminating the floor. I thought to myself "Oh, there's a light under my bed." Then I woke up.
(...)
What's with the light coming from behind the cabinets and the bed?


The light coming from behind the cabined and under the bed could be the energy field surrounding everything which is not usually visible to the naked eye, but can be seen when out of body or under other circumstances.

I was especially touched by the dresser mirror appearing as a doorway of sorts inviting you in, because I have very often used mirrors in my OBEs as a portal to otherworldly settings. In your experience I was also reminded of the inviting appearance of gateways and lights that NDErs report (which once again reminds me of Dennis' warning).

blue102 wrote: Had another one last night. I recall that I was in my kitchen again (apparently my favorite hangout when out-of-body) and looking at the digital clock on the oven: 1:10. I was concerned (for some reason?) about the time. I was worried that my daughter, whose bedroom is upstairs, was not in her room. I went up the stairs and stopped near her door and looking down the stairs as if I were near the ceiling. I went into her room. Now, although it was dark I could somehow see in the dark. No, there was no light but I could see everything. I hovered over her bed and she was there, sleeping. I felt the warmth of her body and I saw exactly how she was positioned in the bed-- guys, it was so clear, no one can tell me this was a dream. I said to myself "OK, she's here." I briefly thought about giving her a kiss but didn't... instead, I guess I went back to my bedroom and went back to sleep... it fades from memory after that.

It's weird, and I could accept that it was just a dream, if it weren't for how absolutely clear she appeared in her room and her bed. I didn't just see her, I felt the warmth radiating from her body, I saw her breathing. Her hair was all spread out over the pillow. Some parts of it seem dreamlike but that part doesn't.


This also sounds a very wonderful experience, especially the part relating to you hovering over your daughter and watching her during her sleep. Hanging out in the kitchen and looking at the clock is again something I can personally relate to, as I too used to explore the astral version of my house a lot, before I started visiting other settings by crossing various portals. It would be interesting to know whether your OBE actually took place at 1:10.

The reason you may find that some part of the experience were dreamlike and others didn’t could be because the differentiation among dreams, lucid dreams (dreams in which you know that you are dreaming) and full blown OBEs can depend on our level of lucidity, and it can happen that during what we would call an ordinary dream, we acquire the awareness that we are dreaming and become lucid (which makes the experience much more vivid and allows our critical mind to come into play) and then gain further lucidity and experience an OBE, with our mind awake (once again this can happen at varying degrees) and our body asleep. Many report shifting in and out of that special awareness we have during a full-blown OBE.

In the light of Dennis’ warning though, I will say no more on the subject until we hear that you are not suffering from lack of oxygen. Thank you so much for sharing these experiences.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Thank you all. I will definitely get checked out for sleep apnea (that could very well be why I ALWAYS feel tired and depressed)!!!

I really don't want to die just yet, lol.
"(that could very well be why I ALWAYS feel tired and depressed)"

Another big indicator for sleep apnea!
Please do get that checked out by a doctor though.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron