Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
14 posts Page 1 of 1
I've been meditating when I first wake up most every morning. Also if I wake in the night and cannot fall back to sleep quickly. Last night I woke up around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I meditated listening to the rain, fan, breathing, etc. Fell back asleep while doing so maybe an hour later. Woke up again around 5:00, did the same as I did earlier, and fell back asleep in a fairly short time.

I woke up last time around 6:30. Was on the couch because my stirring at night wakes my husband and I don't like to mess up his sleep....so I'd gone out there. As I sat up I immediately noticed an orange glow on the wall which appeared as a reflection of a flame/fire. Not terribly bright, but a glow. I tried to focused on it thinking, what could that be? There's nothing between me and that wall. Couldn't have been reflection of the sun, it was raining outside. Couldn't have been from the TV because it was off. As I stared I noticed from the corner of my eye "something" standing in the corner about 6 ft. in front of that glow. It startled me a bit so I closed my eyes and reopened them to be sure it was actually there, and it still was.

It looked like a person. Whether male/female I couldn't tell. It was looking at me and had hair the colors of a rainbow that was flowing, or blowing, straight up like flames of a fire. I admit I was slightly startled....then it simply disappeared as did the glow on the wall. Never had anything like that happen before. Was sort of transparent, but not totally. It didn't seem to be evil, it was just there.

When I wake up I'm normally aware. Not one to stumble about and have to take 30 minutes to get my head together. I wake up and that's that. Especially this time of the morning. (I NEVER try to go back to sleep if I wake 6am or later.)

This could have been my imagination? Do others who desire a more spiritual awareness get imaginations because of that desire? I'm curious if anyone here has ever had something similar happen. I've been more dedicated to my meditation lately, and have been listening to chimes on my iPod all day long while I work which is very, soothing. So I'm either progressing more finally and allowing myself to be more aware, or my mind is tricking me to see something. I'd like to see it again and get a better look :)
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I've finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already! ~ Dave Barry :)
Good for you just try to relax and things will keep happening I find Indian flute music to be a great help while meditating
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Want to say I feel like someone who thinks they saw Bigfoot. So unlikely but what else can I describe? (being one who live in the deep woods, I realize most Bigfoot sightings are large bear standing erect). Yet, I'm in my home where I have slept for years. What made today different than the hundreds of others? I navigate the woods around me (15K+ acres) based on the shadows and mountains when I reach the peaks. Have left to hike and look for bear, coyote, deer middle of the night and had not issue. Yet being 6 to 8 ft. from a glow or "image" and not being able to reconcile it is causing me a bit of concern.....

If anything more occurs I will post it. NO idea why this occurred today. It's consumed my thoughts since 6:30am, that is for sure!
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I've finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already! ~ Dave Barry :)
You did not see big foot. There are spirits everywhere but most people are just not tuned into them or not open relax and enjoy it is a great gift. You are not alone I have had a lot of things happen as have many others.
sevinufnine wrote: This could have been my imagination? Do others who desire a more spiritual awareness get imaginations because of that desire? I'm curious if anyone here has ever had something similar happen. I've been more dedicated to my meditation lately, and have been listening to chimes on my iPod all day long while I work which is very, soothing. So I'm either progressing more finally and allowing myself to be more aware, or my mind is tricking me to see something. I'd like to see it again and get a better look :)

Hi, sevinufnine.

What an interesting topic. One idea that came to mind as I was reading your post was that, even of we jump out of bed, the shift from sleeping to the waking state does involve a twilight state which is known as the hypnopompic stage, a topic I remember addressing in this post About sleeping cycles a few weeks ago. I have found that there is much talk about the hypnagogic state, the one that we experience while falling asleep, but much less about the powerful experiences that can occur upon waking up, such as the globe you saw.

About imagination, I remember reading a book by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer back in the '80s (Opening to Channel, How to Connect with Your Guide, H. J. Kramer; Later Printing edition, 1987) and that was the first time I found the topic of imagination and channelling clearly addressed as related to each other. "Your imagination is the closest ability you have to channeling, and it is the easiest connection your guide has to you at first", the authors say as they channel their guides.

Another interesting point the book makes is "Many people who successfully learn to channel can be very enthusiastic when they get involved in projects. They may have vivid imaginations and like to daydream or fantasize. They seem to be able to anticipate other people's needs and care about their families and friends. In relationships they are sometimes unable to distinguish between what is fact and what is fantasy, because they so often see people's potential rather than who they are at present. While these are some of the qualities shared by people who channel, many others who channel have different qualities as well".

I have found this to be very true for me, as I tend to feel uneasy in everyday life for this very reason. By the way, I find it very thoughtful of you to go and sleep on the couch when you wake up at strange times.

Another point this book addresses is the importance of "pretending", something I learnt more about when reading of Bruce Moen's techniques. Quoting from Opening to Channell again: "Keep pretending that your guide is there, and eventually you should be able to sense your guide as more than your imagination".

Now even though these quotes chiefly relate to guides, I have found in time that the statements made about imagination and pretending are both very helpful when connecting with the non-physical, just as meditation practiced on a regular basis.

So, to answer your question, my suggestion is that your mind is not tricking you and that you are simply adjusting to a more expanded perception. I am quite sure that meditation and listening to soothing music can both be of great help in this adjustment stage (provided you are lucky enough not to be interrupted all the time ;)) so that you "can get a better look" :)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Face Book Group Called " ONE "

DESCRIPTION
We are a learning group to help those who would like to further their spiritual abilities and raise their vibration. We do not allow negativism, drama, or bashing. We are formed out of love and light!!
GROUP TYPE
GROUP TYPE
Study Group
TAGS

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Giulia,

Thanks for the information on guides. That's something I know nothing about, but now I'm curious and will read up on what they're all about.

I learned something this morning. Moment I woke up from a VERY good and solid night of sleep, I could tell IMMEDIATELY I wouldn't be seeing anything. My state of mind was completely different than when I awoke the day before when I'd meditated twice in the night (and fell asleep doing so both times) for about 1 1/2 hours total. So state of mind is critical to be open to anything spiritual. It's not like I can simply meditate enough and suddenly be more sensitive and see something I never did before 24/7. My state of mind can change moment by moment and it will take practice, patience, and perseverance to keep it on an even keel.

As for not being disturbed when I meditate or listen to chimes/ipod, I'm not. I do so when I please for the most without interruption . I'm VERY BLESSED to have a good job and work from home. I live in the country in the woods at the end of a dead end road at the back of a 5 acre plot that backs up against a large farm and creek. Only noises I hear are birds, or bugs, the wind, lately too many coyotes....and such things. I've very, very lucky to live where I do with no co-workers anywhere around. So once the hubby decides what he's going to do with his day I'm home alone with 2 cats and an old doggy all day long, and I love it.

I attached a very, crude layout of my living room and bedroom so you can see the position I was in when I saw the somewhat transparent figure and that lovely orange glow/orb/globe things behind it. I was facing east...no sun coming in the windows....and the strange part is the glow on the wall over my dresser in that little entrance to my bedroom was there before the figure appeared to me at the edge of the doorway into my bedroom. Or should I say I noticed it first although it was further away. Odd enough :) Anyhow, I'm the X on the couch. The orange spot is where I saw the figure, and the yellow is where I saw the glow above my dresser which I'm thinking may have been a reflection from the figure itself?? Since the hair appeared to be almost on fire/glowing and so pretty it's all I can come up with.

Thanks to all of you so much who are responding. It's a very, exciting time of my life right now. Feel like a little kid lately. Not so bad, it is?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sevinufnine wrote: Giulia,

Thanks for the information on guides. That's something I know nothing about, but now I'm curious and will read up on what they're all about.

Thanks for all this additional information, sevinufnine. I just meant to say that the quotes I posted were not meant to refer to guides only but to any non-physical experience we may have.

I am ever so glad you are blessed with no interruptions. And thanks for taking the time to share your beautiful drawing.

I also thank you for reminding me about the importance of meditation on the two occasions you woke up. Sometimes I get so frustrated about waking up when I have little time to sleep that I forget about this powerful tool.

Thank you so much for the precious reminder!

P.S. Isn't it wonderful to feel like a little kid???
Yes Giulia, It's great to feel like a kid. One of my favorite C.S. Lewis quotes is "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." :D

Have a good day! I"m going to play outside in the sun now.
It seems so interesting to me that when people take the initiative (or are innately born with an open/aware mind) that they can tune into these other shifts in consciousness. Is this what we are supposed to striving for? Is this what is being kept hidden, secret from us?
Some people will swear up and down that we're not supposed to meditate, but that to me will just keep our minds closed to the truth. I feel as if this way may be helpful to release us from this materialistic world, and be in-tuned to the higher vibrational energy that surrounds us. As long as we seek that path. I'm sure there are others that will use this method for the other side of the coin.. unfortunately.

That sounds like an amazing experience, sevinufnine. You say it didn't seem like an evil presence, and I hope that's true. There is so much uncertainty in this subject matter that 'fear' seems to be a predominant emotion in a lot of people when it comes to these things. Perhaps if we (people in general) shelve that fear and instead approach it with a careful inquisitive nature, we may be able to understand it a bit more. Instead of jumping the gun and automatically giving it a label. ;P You seem to have a healthy dose of a cautious inquiring mind, so I'd say you're doing a great job in trying to understand this subject. : )

Thanks for sharing!
If it had been an evil presence you would have known for sure I have had one time when I encountered the evil spirits and it was the only time in my life that I really felt fear. If this ever happens you will never need to question if they are evil you will know right away.
sevinufnine wrote: One of my favorite C.S. Lewis quotes is "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." :D

That’s so true, sevinufnine. Your quote reminded me of when I started using wardrobes as my magical portal during out-of-the- body experiences. And the name Lewis also reminded me of the other portal I have always used for the purpose (mirrors), which explains why I was always fascinated by Lewis Carroll’s Alice novels, but found them too frustrating to read. I preferred to do it myself.

prismreverie wrote: You say it didn't seem like an evil presence, and I hope that's true. There is so much uncertainty in this subject matter that 'fear' seems to be a predominant emotion in a lot of people when it comes to these things.

In my humble opinion, on this physical plane, there are people who sow uncertainty and fear with a specific agenda, which has nothing to do with this subject and with who we really are at heart. Some people seem to feed on fear so they may convince themselves that there is something to be afraid about. Could it be that fear is just another portal or gateway to cross in order to find out who we really are?
"Is this what is being kept hidden, secret from us?"

Yes. I fully believe that. Jesus called the Scribes/Pharisees "fools, hypocrites, blind guides, whited sepulchers, murderers, a generation of snakes," and many such names. They didn't like it and killed Him for it too.

Several versus in the Bible tell us to meditate. "Meditate on these things day and night" is one that comes to mind. Also, when Jesus went to the wilderness for 40 days and nights to fast I'm sure He prayed and meditated.

In the "lost books of the Bible" (I prefer to call them OMITTED since they should have been included) much of what I've read is more mystical in content. So no doubt religious leaders who craved power over the people could never have allowed the people to read that!

I saw a special once about the things done in churches during ancient times to trick the people. Some very, ingenious devices were created to fool them into thinking something miracle was happening, but it was all simply designed to make them believe a lie. Smoke and mirrors. Couldn't find the show itself, but these are 2 videos from YouTube with similar content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7BHvN6rZZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrI1FsH4UH8
Well it's been 3 weeks since my early morning experience and I've observed a few things. For one, my motive for meditating when I wake up shifted to doing so because I wanted to see that entity/being again....not good...but I cleared that idea from my head and am not trying to meditate with an "agenda" now. Back to doing so to start the day simply to be in that nice, quiet place it's best to be.

Also noticed that day I was definitely in a different state of mind than usual although fully awake. Since then I wake up as normal, still wide awake, but cannot put my finger on what was different. I just know it was! I'm very, certain the lack of sleep and meditating in the early hours that night contributed 100% to what happened that morning.

Lastly I've realized I'm being way, too impatient wanting to progress FAST and that's not likely to happen no matter how much I wish it. Need to take things as they're presented (or gifted :) ) to me and be thankful.

Giulia,

I read the conversations you linked for the twilight stage/sleep which was interesting and a LOT to take in with all the posts. I don't understand a lot of this subject because it's one I'd never heard of, but it's something I'll learn more about as I'm able. I'll need to reread it again and check out some of the other links within it.
14 posts Page 1 of 1