Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your Questions and Bug Reports here so...
Anybody can see them or answer them
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Garry wrote:
michellekia wrote: @Gary

Yes life is an illusion. It's some kind of experience. I have to remind myself that our true multi-dimensional being is truly magnificent but we may or may not be able to feel our true being here. I always remind myself that I am experiencing this..I am not this...and that I am perceiving what I see..it's not necessarily true. ;)

I understand and agree with your words in your post michellekia

What I would like you to explain to me is the reason you put the @ in front of my name

I have seen this many places on the net and never understood the significance of it .

I ask this in all honesty as I don't use Twitter and I believe that is where it has originated from

michellekia wrote: Gary, I have no idea where the @ comes from either. lol...everyone on social media seems to do it so I did it too. Have a great day. ;) ;)

Contemporary usage

On some online forums without threaded discussions, @ is used to denote a reply; for instance: "@Jane" to respond to a comment Jane made earlier. Similarly, in some cases, @ is used for "attention" in email messages originally sent to someone else. For example, if an email was sent from Catherine to Steve, but in the body of the email, Catherine wants to make Keirsten aware of something, Catherine will start the line "@Keirsten" to indicate to Keirsten that the following sentence concerns her. This also helps with mobile email users who cannot see bold or color in email.

In microblogging (such as Twitter and StatusNet-based microblogs), @ before the user name is used to send publicly readable replies (e.g. "@otheruser: Message text here"). The blog and client software can automatically interpret these as links to the user in question. When included as part of a person's or company's contact details, an @ symbol followed by a name is normally understood to refer to a Twitter ID. A similar use of the @ symbol was also made available to Facebook users on September 15, 2009.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_sign
In microblogging (such as Twitter and StatusNet-based microblogs), @ before the user name is used to send publicly readable replies (e.g. "@otheruser: Message text here"). The blog and client software can automatically interpret these as links to the user in question. When included as part of a person's or company's contact details, an @ symbol followed by a name is normally understood to refer to a Twitter ID. A similar use of the @ symbol was also made available to Facebook users on September 15, 2009.

@Rey ( Grin )

This pretty much explains it

Thanks

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
2 posts Page 1 of 1