Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your Questions and Bug Reports here so...
Anybody can see them or answer them
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi admins : )

If I may make a suggestion,
Is there a way to create a side panel that shows the newest posts in order from the latest one made?

The board index as it is (after fiddling around with the control panel, realized the board was automatically set to "Absolution") has multiple forums, with many sub-topics within, but does not show all the newest posts, just the most recent one for each forum.
And people might not know that if you click on the "Main Forum: Effects and Insights" it does show the newest posts, but you have to bypass other "active" topics that aren't really active. :P
(at least, in the way that the original website is set up as. There is also no option to "view newest posts" as there seems to be on other board setups... - on the same note, changed my board preference to "Inspiration" - Pretty! :P)
Just thought this might help some newer users and visitors navigate the forum a little easier. : )

Thanks for considering!
Here is how I handle it: http://nderf.me/search.php?search_id=newposts. This is your private link to any new posts you have not read yet!
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
At the top of the board there is a search menu. The list is available from there. I use it all the time ;-)
But I agree its not easy to find if you are just looking. You have to click on the menu.
I have wrested with this before and this is the best solution I can come up with at the moment

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses. : )
While it is helpful, these links are only available if one is already registered and logged in. So for visitors just stopping by and browsing the forum, these links won't show up.
If there was a direct view with the most recent posts, it might help communication flow a little bit easier and maybe help invite more people in. : )

Thanks again!
As I said " I have wrested with this before"

We chose this Theme for a reason that we all agreed to at the time, and the bottom line is

That this particular theme " Does not have " a direct link that is visible to the user without using the Menu Interface .

I didn't create the Theme so I have no control over various parts of it.

While it is helpful, these links are only available if one is already registered and logged in. So for visitors just stopping by and browsing the forum, these links won't show up.
If there was a direct view with the most recent posts, it might help communication flow a little bit easier and maybe help invite more people in. : )

This is a screen shot of what someone who is not a member sees when they come to the front page , so as you can see they buttons are available to non Registered people

and

If they are a Non Registered person , then the button really wouldn't matter as , all posts would be new to someone who has never been here before

If there was someway to fix this I would but I can't do anything about it.

If it is a concern to you , you can do what I did and add a link to your signature so you have the ability to execute the " New Posts " function from the bottom of any of your posts.

You also have the option to choose a different theme for yourself and this is accused in the user control panel

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Garry,

Thank you for the explanation. : ) I should have added "if it's possible." :P
I have explored a little bit on the board themes as well, but was more wondering on behalf of the people not registered as of yet or not signed in.

But thank you again. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No Misunderstanding

If you don't ask a question then nobody will ever give you an answer

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Garry wrote:

This is a screen shot of what someone who is not a member sees when they come to the front page , so as you can see they buttons are available to non Registered people

Actually I just tried that. When you're not signed in and click on "New Posts" it prompts you to sign in first. So someone who's not registered/signed in does not have that function available.

I don't think it's a problem though.
Thank you for correcting me on this

Being that I am always signed in I didn't pick up on that

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
10 posts Page 1 of 1