Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I've posted a few times but I guess I should mention why I'm here.

To make a long story short, I have been kind of a "seeker" all my life. In my teens, I was big into Christianity, and have explored different religions and denominations, coming to my own conclusions about the truth (this still evolves as I learn and experience.) There is, of course, much more to the story of my childhood/ youth and much of it is quite colorful, but this isn't really the place to get into it.

I had a few unusual experiences as a youngster which I recalled in my OBERF contribution.

But it wasn't until last year that I really began experiencing things.

This was apparently triggered by an event, or series of events in my life which were very emotionally challenging. (The latest in a lifetime of such things... but I digress)

After this event, I was made aware of things beyond the usual scope of human experience. I say "usual" instead of "normal" because I believe that these things are quite "normal" but maybe aren't revealed to us until we are ready.

Anyway, since last year I've been having all kinds of wacky experiences. I'm not crazy, per my shrink. But I need to run this stuff by someone who can relate. My family has always thought of me as the "black sheep"/ crazy one and I don't want to reinforce that perception of me, so they are not the ones I would go to talk about it (although I must admit that my mom has had her own "experiences" so maybe I don't give her enough credit). My husband does believe me but I think he finds it baffling, and obviously I wouldn't talk to any acquaintances about it unless I want to be branded for life.

I found this site and decided to share a couple of my experiences. Hopefully it's a drop in the bucket of wisdom that this site has to offer.

Then again, maybe I'm really just crazy. It's a possibility... but perception is a peculiar thing.

Edited to add a great big Thank You to the owners of this site :)
Hi, Blue. For some reason I had missed this post! You already know how I feel about being thought of as the odd one out among rational and logic people. All I can add is that you are very welcome here and we really appreciate your precious contributions! :)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
blue102 wrote: Anyway, since last year I've been having all kinds of wacky experiences. I'm not crazy, per my shrink.
But I need to run this stuff by someone who can relate. My family has always thought of me as the "black sheep"/ crazy one and I don't want to reinforce that perception of me, so they are not the ones I would go to talk about it
(although I must admit that my mom has had her own "experiences" so maybe I don't give her enough credit). My husband does believe me but I think he finds it baffling, and obviously I wouldn't talk to any acquaintances about it unless I want to be branded for life.

To put it very simply blue102

There are many if not most of us here who understand these things that you say, as we are all in the same boat

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Blue, You're not alone.
I have been known to spew a few of my odd occurances here, from time to time.
Talk away. So far I have enjoyed your posts very much.
blue102 wrote: Hi, I've posted a few times but I guess I should mention why I'm here.

To make a long story short, I have been kind of a "seeker" all my life. In my teens, I was big into Christianity, and have explored different religions and denominations, coming to my own conclusions about the truth (this still evolves as I learn and experience.) There is, of course, much more to the story of my childhood/ youth and much of it is quite colorful, but this isn't really the place to get into it.

I had a few unusual experiences as a youngster which I recalled in my OBERF contribution.

But it wasn't until last year that I really began experiencing things.

This was apparently triggered by an event, or series of events in my life which were very emotionally challenging. (The latest in a lifetime of such things... but I digress)

After this event, I was made aware of things beyond the usual scope of human experience. I say "usual" instead of "normal" because I believe that these things are quite "normal" but maybe aren't revealed to us until we are ready.

Anyway, since last year I've been having all kinds of wacky experiences. I'm not crazy, per my shrink. But I need to run this stuff by someone who can relate. My family has always thought of me as the "black sheep"/ crazy one and I don't want to reinforce that perception of me, so they are not the ones I would go to talk about it (although I must admit that my mom has had her own "experiences" so maybe I don't give her enough credit). My husband does believe me but I think he finds it baffling, and obviously I wouldn't talk to any acquaintances about it unless I want to be branded for life.

I found this site and decided to share a couple of my experiences. Hopefully it's a drop in the bucket of wisdom that this site has to offer.

Then again, maybe I'm really just crazy. It's a possibility... but perception is a peculiar thing.

Edited to add a great big Thank You to the owners of this site :)

Oh! I thought you are describing my life! :lol: (Apart from my mother, she did not have any "experience", but all else fits me well.)

Yes I can relate, as many others here. Belated welcome from me!
5 posts Page 1 of 1