Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
7 posts Page 1 of 1
On another thread, prismreverie and I were talking about things kids say that imply they existed (and were aware of things) before birth.

Prismreverie:

But the other thing he said really gave me goosebumps. He said, "And I remember hearing you and Auntie talking about what to name me." :shock:
I remember exactly what he was talking about.
I had created a whole list of possible names to give him, and my sister was with me while I was writing it out. (The father was not involved in.. well, much of anything..) Mind you, I was around 6 months pregnant at this point. She was giving me advice on what names to nix from the list based on her knowledge of guys with those same names. (She was convinced that names had something attributed to their personality.) So by the time I narrowed my list, I had my heart set on one and voila! That was the name I chose for him. So to hear my son just nonchalantly say, "Oh yeah, I remember you talking with Auntie what to name me." That stopped me dead in my tracks. Then I had to look up stories from other people too. So I completely believe these things are possible.

I'll add an experience of mine:

When I was very young I told my mom that I remembered the house my parents lived in before I was born. The kitchen was red and white. I also remembered being present at their wedding reception and details about the church hall. The actual memories are fuzzy now but I clearly remember being a kid and telling my mom about the "memories" and she was pretty amazed. This was in the early 1980s and I'm sure I didn't get the idea from TV or books... I was about 4 or 5 at the time.

There is something else I want to mention about the subject but it's hard for me to talk about, because I am still processing it. This happened in fall of last year and it was the event that made me become more aware of the spiritual "world".

My husband and I had been thinking of having another baby, but we were both very unsure about it. To make a long story short, I very clearly heard a child's voice calling me, "Mom! Mom!" one night as I was lying in bed. My other kids were asleep. Frankly I thought I was going crazy so I went to the shrink and got some meds (although the shrink said she believed I was NOT crazy.) Several weeks later, I was awakened in the middle of the night by a sweet child's voice humming. It seemed to be floating above me in the room. The humming was loud and clear, it was NOT dreamlike, and it was absolutely lovely. She seemed to be just observing us asleep and humming so sweetly (it had an otherworldly beauty) for at least a couple of minutes. Then the voice got softer as she seemed to float away.

A few days later I got a positive pregnancy test. I miscarried within a couple of days... I had so much anxiety about the pregnancy for reasons I can't really explain.

There is much more to this story but I just don't feel like getting into it right now... maybe later this weekend I'll come back and tell the rest.

Anybody else have pre-birth communication stories?
Hi blue,
What timing. :P I had just posted a reply to you on the other thread about being interested to read more about these kinds of things.

I'm very sorry about the miscarriage. : ( I can't even imagine what a difficult time that would be to go through.
Incidentally, yesterday I spent a good amount of time listening to this song:

phpBB [video]

I didn't know the story behind it until I was compelled to look it up, and it is about her miscarriage as well. : ( So heart wrenching.

That is a beautiful story about the presence of the little child, and I'm inclined to think she came here to observe her future mother. And even though the first conception did not work, there is always another chance and hope that it will work the next time. And who knows if the child will retain the female quality you attributed to her, or if the child's calling will be to live as a male this time - since reincarnation has seen both sides of the coin. I don't know how that process works, and I doubt anyone really does know the answer. :P We can only theorize at this point.
But I do hope the next pregnancy will flow wonderfully and give you another beautiful loving baby. : )

Thanks for sharing, blue!
prismreverie wrote: Hi blue,
What timing. :P I had just posted a reply to you on the other thread about being interested to read more about these kinds of things.

I'm very sorry about the miscarriage. : ( I can't even imagine what a difficult time that would be to go through.
Incidentally, yesterday I spent a good amount of time listening to this song:

phpBB [video]

I didn't know the story behind it until I was compelled to look it up, and it is about her miscarriage as well. : ( So heart wrenching.

That is a beautiful story about the presence of the little child, and I'm inclined to think she came here to observe her future mother. And even though the first conception did not work, there is always another chance and hope that it will work the next time. And who knows if the child will retain the female quality you attributed to her, or if the child's calling will be to live as a male this time - since reincarnation has seen both sides of the coin. I don't know how that process works, and I doubt anyone really does know the answer. :P We can only theorize at this point.
But I do hope the next pregnancy will flow wonderfully and give you another beautiful loving baby. : )

Thanks for sharing, blue!

Thanks :) Yeah, it's interesting to think about. I'm not trying to get pregnant right now though, so if it happens it will truly be a miracle! Sorry, Spirit baby.

Well since I'm sitting here I may as well mention the other part of the story. Couple of weeks ago I was at a PTA meeting and I was the first one there. So this other mom walks up and sits down and RANDOMLY started talking about how so many of her friends are having more kids after their first ones have gotten older, and then she says "If I had any more, I'd have to have two more, instead of just one." Now you have to realize how freaking crazy this is because this is the SAME thing I told my husband earlier. I come from a family of three girls and the dynamic was less than ideal (imo) and this is the whole reason I'm balking at having three kids. So there was this message from the universe, and as I sat there in shock, I literally FELT a warm loving spirit touch my right shoulder. Like someone touched my shoulder and just sent waves of magical love through me, like saying "See? Listen to what I'm trying to tell you."

I've struggled with this and continue to struggle with it but I am just not ready to have a baby right now, so he/ she just needs to wait. And it's possible that Spirit Baby isn't ready yet, and that's why I'm dragging my feet.

On another note, Elisabeth Hallett wrote some nice books about "spirit babies". If you are interested in that subject you should check them out. I Emailed her once and she is a lovely, sweet person.

BTW that song was amazing. Thank you for sharing!
Blue,
sounds like you have a 'limiting belief' based on your own past experience. All people pick up these implicit beliefs which may have been true in one particular context but we tend to lug them around and go on believing them and living by them even after they have lost all or most of their relevance. Its like driving by an outdated road map, sometimes it works and sometimes you end up stuck. Trust me, I've been there and I still haven't found or eliminated all my own irrelevant beliefs! But when I catch one it always leads to a breakthrough of sorts.
Perhaps the dynamic in your parents' home wasn't ideal, but it doesn't have to be that way today. I'm sure if you look you can find positive examples of families with three children too. Just because it was less the ideal back then, in those circumstances, doesn't mean it will work out wrong in the current circumstances.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could receive this guidance more often?
I mean, maybe we do, and we just don't notice it. :P

I think when you're ready, then Spirit Baby(ies? ;P Image) will be ready as well. Things are supposed to have a reason/purpose for them, even if it might be hard for us to understand. So the timing will undoubtedly work itself out. : )
And perhaps this presence was also there to comfort and soothe you, no matter what decision you decide to make in life.

I really wish I knew who these loving presences are. There were some experiences I've had that definitely came from an "otherworldly(?)" source.
I wish I could communicate with it/him/her. But then again... they probably don't want to be bothered day and night :P, so are here for us on occasion, or something. Plus they probably want to see us growing and developing on our own, for the most part. Although I wish they could give me a detailed plan, and I would follow it rather than stumbling around making mistake after mistake. ;)
Hello blue,
it's so wonderful to read your post as it is something very close to me right now. I have always known I was going to be blessed, one way or another, by becoming a mother to three beautiful beings. There was another thread a while back were I started discussing this but stopped. Communicating with spirit babies as you say, opened so many doors for me and prepared me on almost intangible levels of acceptance and trust as a mother (and can for any parent, mother or father, I believe). This "Road map" you speak of DennisMe is very true, but can be a tough one to alter when conditioning and reasoning blocks all sense of intuition and trust. To acknowledge we are in person, the one on the back seat and that Grace (or whoever it may be for you) is the real driver, is very hard at times. Sometimes it feels like you are in formula one and there is no one holding the wheel! Anyway, metaphors aside, my reason for being in this forum has been to remind myself this very fact!
When my first child was born I lived through an experience which changed me profoundly.. It was an emergency Caesarian (so I was completely sedated) but I witnessed all that happened through dreams, before and after the event. When we leave this life we leave through the door we entered in, and in this way I believe birth and death are the same. My daughter died and then lived at birth and so birth and death became the same experience for her being. My partner, in the most disempowering moment of his life, witnessed the entire physical event through glass doors. I had too, in a dream I had before her birth,which I had told him about but hadn't known the outcome of. I was also shown in a dream after her birth, how her future brother and sister (it wasn't totally clear who they were at the time as they were middle aged and their sex very unclear) picked her up off the floor, all three in a state I can only describe as shock from trauma. I witnessed this "accident" through a crowd of onlookers after myself travelling on a train that crashed at high speed! It was so fast I had to hold on to the railing inside, and the jolt off stopping was so violent I will never forget it. They always accompanied her throughout childhood and at each birth (which subsequently took place naturally at home) they would be "seen" accompanied by an older man with a bunch of flowers (I always felt he was my grandfather). The children are EXACTLY as I felt them to be and their colouring is identical with to these beings I saw help my first born. Going back to the feelings you shared about having three.. I just always knew they would be coming through me into this world. I never was one who speaks of "planning" pregnancies or planning to become mother to three, but when the moment came that I learnt I am pregnant with my fourth, it made me look very deeply at this attitude. This pregnancy is very different for many reasons, with suddenly bleeds and literally no time to think about myself (as a pregnant woman) coming first. My body has got used to the certain "ordered chaos" that comes with having more than two children. So i have to remind myself often. Many emotions have been looked at. I feel now that I have let go of lots of "old maps" that I was running off from memory. Ultimately I see myself, in this moment of life, as a sky diver and enjoying the freedom that craziness brings!x
I like to share an experience I recently had.

I never knew my father, my mother left him before I was born. I never saw a picture of him either.

But last month my half sister managed to find me on facebook and told me about him and sent me photos of him. When I looked at them I recognized him, like I had seen him before. I know this man, I remember him. The only way I can explain it is that I remember him because I was around when my mom and him were together, when I was conceived and she was pregnant with me.

This realization has made me very happy.
7 posts Page 1 of 1