Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesterday, I had been reading about cold cases in my area, and one of the victims was a friend of mine from elementary school. She's been brutally murdered in the early 2000s and no one knows who did it. She was kind of poor and unpopular so I guess nobody really bothered to follow up about it.

I thought that maybe I could put my budding "psychic" abilities to good use and let her tell me what happened. I could maybe help out in some way.

So, I talked to her a bit before I went to bed and invited her to come talk to me in a dream or something. I am not sure I expected anything to actually happen.

So, in the middle of the night, I was just having some mundane dream in which I was looking at a billboard.

Then, I suddenly became very lucid. A hand reached out from the middle of the billboard and took mine. (Not my physical hand, obviously, but I could feel the hand physically.) Then a strong presence surrounded me as I stood in this dream place. The presence and the hand felt real, and it was SUPER INTENSE.

It felt like I was surrounded on all sides with a very intense energy that was kind of pulsating and pulling me. I knew it was my friend and she was ready to talk to me.

I was SCARED, oh my god. I did not expect this kind of contact at all. I said (don't know why I said this? ) "God, release me from having to talk to her". The energy retreated a bit and I forced myself to move my physical body and wake up. It was difficult but I opened my eyes. I was safe in my room. I still felt the energy around me, and I felt someone touch my hair. I just waited until I thought she left.

Then I apologized to her and said "I'm sorry, that was just really intense. I wasn't ready for that." I heard her voice in my head say "I understand."

Then I just laid there for a few minutes and I got some images in my head, some things from that particular school year, like music class. I had forgotten about those things but I realized she was sharing her memories with me.

I tried to connect again in a fully awake state but it was difficult. She did not attempt to connect again after I fell asleep.

My husband says I put too much stock in dreams.

This wasn't a dream though. I was TOTALLY lucid, I felt the hand as real as anything, and it was really freaky.

I still wish I could help her solve the case but maybe I'm not ready for that kind of thing, yet?
What a dream you had there! Tell me about your psychic abilities and if they are something you have been learning or something you feel has been with you all the time?

Its not uncommon for strange things to happen in our dreams - I think i watched something on the Crime Network a while ago and it was a similar case to yours. The person was able to find things out via their dreams. Very fascinating!

it must have been a very scary experience for you, I know i would have been very scared!

Thanks for sharing.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

David wrote: What a dream you had there! Tell me about your psychic abilities and if they are something you have been learning or something you feel has been with you all the time?

Its not uncommon for strange things to happen in our dreams - I think i watched something on the Crime Network a while ago and it was a similar case to yours. The person was able to find things out via their dreams. Very fascinating!

it must have been a very scary experience for you, I know i would have been very scared!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the response.

The abilities only really started in fall of last year, triggered by an emotionally challenging event. They only happen occasionally and usually I can't will them to happen, they just do. It would take forever to list all the incidents, but I've had some clairvoyance, tasting things other people are eating in other rooms, many dream visitations from dead relatives, a couple of times where I could hear someone's thoughts out loud, things like that. Before that I did have a "connection" with one of my sisters when I was a kid. We used to play a mind-reading game while lying in bed at night. We were usually spot on (example: "What is my crush's middle name?" The answer was CLARK. She got so freaked out that she stopped playing the game after a while!). As an adult I also would unknowingly call her at coincidental times, when she needed someone to talk to. Etc, etc.

My mother claims that she has similar experiences...

I take the whole "psychic" thing with a huge grain of salt though, because I know the imagination is very powerful. That's why I'm putting this dream out here to see what you guys think. It's quite possible this was just a very intense dream. Do dreams usually involve tactile sensations?

If these experiences are real, it's difficult to understand them because there are not a lot of people who can relate-- which brings me here.
Yes the whole physic thing fascinates me too! Its great to hear of all the tales and stories of whats happened to people. Hopefully someone on here can connect with you to dive deeper into this.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

blue102 wrote:
I take the whole "psychic" thing with a huge grain of salt though, because I know the imagination is very powerful. That's why I'm putting this dream out here to see what you guys think. It's quite possible this was just a very intense dream. Do dreams usually involve tactile sensations?

Slightly off topic but its an anology of sorts to your dreams

Back in the early 70's when a few ( Hippy's ) were talking about Bad Trips and LSD experiences one person stated

" If I don't see monster's when I do Acid, I feel I got ripped off "

When looking at dreams and especially lucid dreams, Its what " You Yourself " get out of the dream and how you interpret it.

There is so much negativity about so many things in the world that people don't understand and it is too easy for someone else's negativity to undermine a positive experience due to their lack of belief or understanding.

By all means listen to other peoples thoughts on a dream if you so wish to tell them, but ultimately, what you get from it is what matters.

They weren't there to experience it but you were.....

I have had one my self and it is my personal thoughts on it that guide me . Not anybody else's and I am still dealing with the memory of it. I didn't listen to the dream, and am dealing with the repercussions of not listening to it.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Blue,
That was pretty freaky. Would have scared me too. I wonder if next time you might be a little bit prepared to continue?
blue102 wrote: This wasn't a dream though. I was TOTALLY lucid, I felt the hand as real as anything, and it was really freaky.

I still wish I could help her solve the case but maybe I'm not ready for that kind of thing, yet?

Hi, blue.

I find all this absolutely fascinating. I absolutely agree with Garry that it is the experiencer who is to interpret these events. All we can do is comment on them as regards aspects we can relate to.

For instance, the fact that this was a friend of yours from elementary school is something that I would expect made the connection easier.

The fact that you placed the INTENT to connect with her is another factor I have come to deem crucial. If you have a look at my experience with Sabrina, you will see the similarities, in that the first times we approach these experiences we can be overwhelmed by what happens to us, but nonetheless the connection can take place suddenly and when we do not expect it.

Talking to your friend beforehand and inviting her is another factor which I would have expected would play a crucial role (something I failed to do with Sabrina, because I did not know much about these things at the time).

This need not have been an ordinary dream or even only a lucid dream. There are aspects of the experience that seem to border on OBEs or SOBEs, which would account for that strong tactile aspect and for the intense energy you felt surrounded by.

Talking to your friend while awake is something I would encourage you to continue doing. Based on my own experience and that of those who have attended mediumship classes with me, by doing that one can eventually receive communication in the form of sounds (such as the music you heard), words, whole sentences, pictures or scenes in one's mind's eye, hunches, knowings and so on. It does take patience and dedication.

Last but not least, I also feel it is extremely important to ground oneself before one tries to connect with a deceased relative or friend while awake. There are grounding exercises that are specifically designed for the purpose, and also exercises to be done after the session to help you not feel dizzy or light-headed, but fully focused and concentrated again.

The need for grounding also explains why people who are psychic or mediumistic or very attracted to otherworldly topics often have a partner who is sceptics about these experiences. They may well be there to remind them to be grounded, as this physical life also involves the need to be practical and focused on daily responsibilities. One could say that a sceptic partner may well be one's complementary better half, in these cases.

Whatever the case may be, I look forward to hearing about any further connection you may make with your friend.

Thanks for sharing. :)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Giulia wrote: Last but not least, I also feel it is extremely important to ground oneself before one tries to connect with a deceased relative or friend while awake. There are grounding exercises that are specifically designed for the purpose, and also exercises to be done after the session to help you not feel dizzy or light-headed, but fully focused and concentrated again.

The need for grounding also explains why people who are psychic or mediumistic or very attracted to otherworldly topics often have a partner who is sceptics about these experiences. They may well be there to remind them to be grounded, as this physical life also involves the need to be practical and focused on daily responsibilities. One could say that a sceptic partner may well be one's complementary better half, in these cases.

I would only add this relevant analogy to underscore Giulia's excellent advice.

An antenna is not an antenna until one end is grounded. Until then, it is just an object suspended in the atmosphere, its electrical state is the same as its surroundings, undifferentiated. No energy transfer is possible in this state, until one end is grounded.
It is possible to talk with practically anyone on the other side, provided you are ready to listen and they are willing to talk. Telepathy works but is difficult for me. The best method I have discovered through trial and error is this: 1) Firstly you focusing mentally on the person you want to communicate with. Simply by directing your thoughts and concentrating on a person you can get them to hear you. 2) You can speak to them out loud or in your head. I ask them questions in a yes or no fashion. 3) I allow them to control my breathing which is simple and painless. If the answer is no they do nothing. If the answer is yes they inhale (using my own mouth) deeply. It can actually be somewhat overwhelming at first but worth it.

My experiences are enough to fill a book. If anyone has any questions or are simply curious they just have to ask and I'll try to elaborate further.
Hi, Sequisi, and welcome to the forums. We'd love for you to introduce yourself here and let us know a bit more about you.

Sequisi wrote: It is possible to talk with practically anyone on the other side, provided you are ready to listen and they are willing to talk.

This is an extremely interesting topic. Event though this may seem OT, I was wondering whether one could start practicing by also connecting with physically alive people, with their spirit self, I mean. Couldn't that be a good preliminary exercise and also help with human relations?

Sequisi wrote: My experiences are enough to fill a book. If anyone has any questions or are simply curious they just have to ask and I'll try to elaborate further.

I cannot wait to hear more about you and your experiences.

Welcome again and make yourself at home. :)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Sequisi wrote: OT, I was wondering whether one could start practicing by also connecting with physically alive people, with their spirit self, I mean.

There may be ways to connect with a person directly when you and they are both in physical human bodies. I am sure there is but I haven't looked into it. I do know however that it is absolutely possible to connect with their 'soul' on the other side while they are still alive on earth.

One example I will share. I was mad at my ex because she would not get back to me about setting a date I could see my kids. It had been almost a week and I was completely exasperated. I communicated with her 'soul' on the other side, asking her in so many words to spend the rest of the next day pestering herself about getting back to me. She [her soul] said she would. The next day my ex did finally end up writing me back. It wasn't a guarantee that my ex would hear 'herself' but I believe in this instance that she did.
I do a visualization technique I invented for myself to connect with living people's souls.

First I do a breathing/relaxation method, watching my breath go in and out, in and out, and when I feel calm and focused I imagine myself standing in a large, empty room made entirely out of white marble. The room is oval shaped and at the top, dome shaped. I love that room, I feel so peaceful in there. I stand at one end of the oval, which is slightly wider than the opposite end. I feel comfortable and confident. Through a door at the end opposite of me I ask the person I need to connect with to come inside. Then I observe their behaviour. Are they sitting down? If so where? How close to me? Are they facing me? Are they looking at me? If yes, how do they look? Are they smiling, etc. By observing their behaviour I get a sense of how that person is currently emotionally connected to me. Sometimes, people make gestures. A neighbor who was angry with me, for example, once shook their fist at me. People who love me, sit close to me and smile at me. These images come very instantly, and are often over quickly. I rarely speak with them though, observing is enough for me.

I have never attempted to see a deceased person in these visions, but my grandmother and also my deceased pets have unexpectedly joined me on occasion in this room. Imagine how delighted I was when once I felt something at my legs and saw both of my cats rubbing lovingly against them :)
I hope I have something useful to share. Haven't been in this forum much, had an OBE many years ago which I posted http://www.oberf.org/jane_f_ste.htm and was recently inspired by this account http://www.oberf.org/chris_h_obe_7921n.htm, that's why I'm in the forum tonight.

Seems to me, as humans, we're seeing things backwards, that is, we are already Cosmic Consciousness, and we're viewing / feeling things through a highly organized, electrically sensitive organism, a living, virtual reality suit! When you look at things this way, psychic abilities are normal, but our western culture has been dominated by a left-brain, linear, logical system for ages. Lots of literature on this.

I'm very happy for you that you could ask God for help! As for further psychic explorations, perhaps move cautiously, as you would in a foreign city where you don't know the language... since you got such an immediate response from God, ask Her/Him to guide, protect, and teach you, for the greatest good, at the beginning of your attempt.

Please let me know if this sharing is good, or unwanted. Blessings.
13 posts Page 1 of 1