Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
8 posts Page 1 of 1
phpBB [video]

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Dr Moody -

“My opinion is that, people in the future are going to look back at this whole…folly, in our society, as I think it is, of trying to treat people with phycological and spiritual problems with medication."

Great post Garry, thank you.
...the first and most powerful step in turning things for oneself is to admit it and to WANT to be healed of it!
Any thoughts as to why some have an NDE and some do not under the same conditions? What if the person who did not have an NDE did not survive? Do you think their journey is just delayed?
TuckerJones wrote: Any thoughts as to why some have an NDE and some do not under the same conditions? What if the person who did not have an NDE did not survive? Do you think their journey is just delayed?

Welcome, Tucker Jones. As far as I understand, not all people remember an NDE, and some will start remembering it after a period of time. Many people remembering an NDE will say that there were key factors they were aware of at the time that they simply cannot remember. I feel the same applies to dreams and even past events in our life: the memory is stored somewhere in our consciousness and sometimes an event during the day will suddenly unlock the memory or a flash of the memory of a dream or of a past experience.

I guess this grey area is not mentioned in the video, as the emphasis is on severely depressed people who want to get out of their hellish situation by ending their lives.

And I guess there are people who simply do not have an NDE or suffer from a complete amnesia as it happens at times as a result of shock.

My take on this is that depression is to be taken very seriously before it turns into suicidal thoughts and before psychiatrists start offering medications as a solution.

As to death being delayed because somebody does not remember having an NDE, I am not quite sure what to say, as those who remember having an NDE often remember some sort of choice they made to come back or were forced to make to come back, so I cannot help wondering about all those who die for good.

All in all I feel the essence is we need to focus on our here-and-now situation, be aware of and love the people who are part of our lives, especially if they are suffering and take our own suffering seriously and talk about it. Maybe, in an ideal world, where everyone loves and understands one another, we would not lose our connection with the powerful spirit beings we are and maybe this world would turn into an earthly paradise.

EDIT: Sorry, I might have misunderstood your question "What if the person who did not have an NDE did not survive?" My answer to that would be that near-death experiences only apply to people who survive as a result of a close brush with death, but to be honest, now that I read the question from this angle, I am not sure I understand what you mean.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Thank you for replying. My bad, I asked the question in the wrong place. I've had this question for awhile and when Dr. Moody mentioned it, it reminded me that I had this question. My question isn't specifically about suicide. I'll try to clarify. Let's say two people died for the same amount of time, in similar settings, and were similarly resuscitated but one has a typical NDE while the other does not. How can this be? I absolutely believe that all of these stories are true and that we go on after our body dies but shouldn't 100% of people that die experience this? It's already been shown that religion, culture, age, even eye sight are not factors to prevent an NDE. Probably no one can definitively answer this but I thought I'd throw it out there since I found this great, open minded forum!
TuckerJones wrote: Let's say two people died for the same amount of time, in similar settings, and were similarly resuscitated but one has a typical NDE while the other does not. How can this be?

This question is difficult to answer, but it could be that they experienced something and don't really remember it. I translatetd some NDEs where people only remembered their NDE after a very long period, some like more than 15 years after the event that caused death.
Another Idea I had is that maybe some people, right from the beginning, have a bigger opening towards the spiritual, which facilitates them to let go and follow the flow, while others might be blocked due to very close minded thinking. This thought came to me because a great many of NDErs, when asked in the questionnaire if they acquired some psychical gifts due to the NDE, replied that they already had those gifts, but they have been strengthened and enhanced after the NDE.
As this thread is on the topic of suicide, the link below might be useful to some of those individuals attempting to explore the topic of NDEes & Suicide..

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/suicide.html

(Any credit belongs to Garry as it was discovered via an unintended link by him that ultimately lead to an article subject list on another NDE website.)
8 posts Page 1 of 1