Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Do people usually see just the people they want to see?

Does any NDEr ever see someone they really don't like? Someone they argued with, someone they didn't get along with at all?

What about someone they "pretended" to like but didn't really?

Oh, and what about ex-husbands and boyfriends? (Just curious)

Do hard feelings carry on after death, or is it total dumb bliss when meeting on the other side of the veil?

(Edit: I've read most, if not all the NDes on this site and from what I can tell, people only see folks they enjoyed in real life. Is that accurate? I have some complex relationships with several people and I am curious as to what will happen when we meet again.)
blue102 wrote: Do people usually see just the people they want to see?

Does any NDEr ever see someone they really don't like? Someone they argued with, someone they didn't get along with at all?

What about someone they "pretended" to like but didn't really?

Oh, and what about ex-husbands and boyfriends? (Just curious)

Do hard feelings carry on after death, or is it total dumb bliss when meeting on the other side of the veil?

(Edit: I've read most, if not all the NDes on this site and from what I can tell, people only see folks they enjoyed in real life. Is that accurate? I have some complex relationships with several people and I am curious as to what will happen when we meet again.)

When you say you have read most or all of the NDE's on the site , Have you been to the main site ( NDERF.org )

There are over 4266 stories there
4000 Stories

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
I didn't see anyone I previously knew. But, I was quite young when I had the nde.
As for hard feelings...I don't think it was possible to feel that way, there. At least, not for me.

Hi, blue. I have never had a NDE, but I have had mystical experiences in my sleep that suggested that "beyond" this physical every-day life, we dearly love each other irrespective of arguments, misunderstandings and conflicts we experience in our waking life. In fact, as a result of what came across as pre-birth memories (please see the third link in my signature), I felt tricked into this life, and certainly do not see it as a rollercoaster from my current perspective.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Giulia wrote:

Hi, blue. I have never had a NDE, but I have had mystical experiences in my sleep that suggested that "beyond" this physical every-day life, we dearly love each other irrespective of arguments, misunderstandings and conflicts we experience in our waking life. In fact, as a result of what came across as pre-birth memories (please see the third link in my signature), I felt tricked into this life, and certainly do not see it as a rollercoaster from my current perspective.

Thank you! This is the sort of answer I was looking for.

From your link:
I woke up with mixed feelings, with a longing for that mystical otherworldly state and depression over every-day ego-related misunderstandings; but, as the days go by, there is a feeling of hope that is developing as I process the experience and realize that even terribly painful events on our physical plain have a very profound spiritual purpose.

Yes, it's so hard sometimes to love the people you are supposed to love here on earth. Not just tolerate them, but LOVE them. (Well, sometimes it's even hard to tolerate them. ) If I die and see their smiling faces right away, I am not sure it would be my idea of heaven. You know? :lol: I'm quite sure they feel the same about me. So, from what you said, the awkwardness is nonexistent there.

I've had a couple of dreams where I've spoken to my best friend from high school (we had a falling out and has been years since we spoke). I don't know if it was "real" in the sense that I actually did talk to her, but it seems similar to what you said. We were happy to see each other and the drama of the past didn't even enter my consciousness. So maybe it is like that.

Additionally, I was meditating one day last year, trying to get details of a past life. I came away with a very distinct knowing that my uncle was an important part of that past life. In what capacity, I have no idea. He is my favorite uncle in this life but there have been some difficulties. This leads me to believe that we do have connections in the beyond and come here to experience different situations together. Looking back at the "situation" between myself and this uncle, I can clearly see that it was a lesson for both of us. Maybe this is something we'll be discussing once we get over there?
blue102 wrote: Maybe this is something we'll be discussing once we get over there?

I am glad you found something helpful in these experiences, blue. :) The incidents involving your best friend in high school sound exactly the sort of situation I was referring to. Here is why I hope we do not necessarily need to be on the other side to clarify issues or be filled with understanding, and simply "tolerate" situations in the meantime; my hope is that, by being aware of our connections with the beyond, we may learn to shift into otherworldly non-judgemental states even while we are here on this side, and bring about more loving and peaceful relations in the here and now. Many NDE accounts appear to be a powerful reminder.
Hey. :-)

When I had my second NDE, I met my grandmother who had actually passed away before I was born. She spoke to me telepathically, letting me know that I needed to come back. I felt like we had always been together in this life, even though physically, we had not at all. I've had many other very spiritual experiences, where I have met with other family members that have passed, again, some of them I never even got to meet in this physical life. I have also met with pets that have passed over, as well. On the other side, it seems all ego disappears completely; in its place is love, peace, harmony and balance. Hope this helps. :-)
Wow !

Yes, it does help and it will help others who are perhaps are wondering or having difficulties in several areas regarding NDE and nature of afterlife.

The really super interesting thing is having met, recognized and exchanged information with someone that "actually passed away before you were born" (ie, an individual that technically you had never met).

And by-the-way, welcome to the forms. Looking forward to more of your contributions.

Also, is your NDE available online to read?

If not you may want to consider submitting your experiences to the NDERF NDE database.

Regards,

Rey
KtJ wrote: Hey. :-)

When I had my second NDE, I met my grandmother who had actually passed away before I was born. She spoke to me telepathically, letting me know that I needed to come back. I felt like we had always been together in this life, even though physically, we had not at all. I've had many other very spiritual experiences, where I have met with other family members that have passed, again, some of them I never even got to meet in this physical life. I have also met with pets that have passed over, as well. On the other side, it seems all ego disappears completely; in its place is love, peace, harmony and balance. Hope this helps. :-)

Welcome Ktj :D

As Rey said, I would also love to hear about your NDEs and any other unusual experiences.

I have never had a NDE, but with out of the body experiences (OBES) and other threshold experiences, as I call them, I have had the opportunity to meet up with my granddad who died 5 years before I was born, and he also showed me he attended his own funeral with a sense of regret, as if he had divorced his wife and left his family (he was only 52 when he died).

Regarding pets, in a very vivid dream, our 14 year old Yorkshire Terrier came to me twice, one night, and she actually spoke to me using words. She asked me to relieve her of some very bothersome yellow straps she was wearing (she can hardly see or hear, and is no longer able to jump on and off our settee), and I removed them. I then got up fearing she might have left us for good, but there she was, sleeping in her bed. So the next morning I realised she would never be using the settee again, which had been her own property for many years, and I created a much more comfortable place for her. She is still physically here with us, more human than a human being, and follows us around the house, especially in the kitchen when I am cooking. She is like a child in many ways.

But I know there is more work to be done in this area! During one of my two lengthy stays in hospital in 2015, my Dad came to me in an OBE. He was standing on one of those tiny white balconies that are so often seen in the little sea town where he was born. The balcony looked as if it had been completely refurbished and he looked young and healed. He told me something along the lines "Well, you have had your holiday here! [he was referring to the hospital]. I am tired of being pitied and thought of as if I were ill or in discomfort. Do something about it!"

I realise these situations do not belong to the NDE section, and should be reported in the OBE or ADC areas of the forum, but I find that, if they support what NDErs say, it would be a pity not to mention them when a certain topic is raised.

Looking forward to hearing more from you, Ktj, and do make yourself at home. :F
Thank you for welcoming me. :-)

I have so many experiences that I am planning to add, especially my two NDE's. I'm just in the middle of some rather extensive university work (helping a student), but as soon as that is out of the way, I'll add some posts. My first NDE took place when I just a few months old, yet I remember it with an adult mind. The second was in my late teens. I have had several OBE's and more, plenty of material that I can add here for you all.

Speak soon :-)
Just wanted to say thank you for sharing some of your own experiences, they are very interesting and thought-provoking. :-)
Hello KtJ, I am new here as well. I am curious - there seems to be much discussion regarding NDEs, OBEs, and Astral Projection. Has anyone here ever experienced "Deathbed Visions"? That is - have any of you ever been with a loved one approaching their journey to The Other Side and witnessed the loved one seeing and interacting with departed Souls coming to greet them? As my dear Father`s time approached I witnessed him interacting with his departed siblings, in-laws, people I had never known, as well as our own Dogs. As the Veil grew thinner I also saw beings of light as well as Angels around my Father.
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

From what i have experienced emotions stay here. This is the emotional dimension. I am very different when 'out' there. I dont question, investigate, ask or doubt. And others i meet out there are the same. No emotions.

Mind you it seems to me that nearly all the poeple seem to lose their sense of humour immediately spiritual concepts enter the room....and we are still in this dimension!
ZenTzu wrote: Hello KtJ, I am new here as well. I am curious - there seems to be much discussion regarding NDEs, OBEs, and Astral Projection. Has anyone here ever experienced "Deathbed Visions"? That is - have any of you ever been with a loved one approaching their journey to The Other Side and witnessed the loved one seeing and interacting with departed Souls coming to greet them? As my dear Father`s time approached I witnessed him interacting with his departed siblings, in-laws, people I had never known, as well as our own Dogs. As the Veil grew thinner I also saw beings of light as well as Angels around my Father.

I am sorry I missed this post for some reason, ZenTzu. Yes I have. When my Italian grandmother died, she spent about three hours interacting with her family on the other side, and a few seconds before dying she looked up as if a very important person she must have venerated had entered the room, she quickly crossed herself four or five times and died.

But the experience you mention seems much more than that. I understand it was Dr. Moody who coined the term "Shared Death Experience". What you are describing sounds in line with that. What a magnificent gift! I have only experienced a couple, but not at the time of death: it was during vivid lucid dreams, well after the event: it was as if the other person wanted to share with me how gentle the transition had felt.

I'd love to hear more about it, if you feel like sharing the account.

Visitor wrote: From what i have experienced emotions stay here. This is the emotional dimension. I am very different when 'out' there. I dont question, investigate, ask or doubt. And others i meet out there are the same. No emotions.

Mind you it seems to me that nearly all the poeple seem to lose their sense of humour immediately spiritual concepts enter the room....and we are still in this dimension!

One of the greatest NDE/Afterlife researchers I know has a terrific sense of humour and is very contagious too. :D I guess you would call that an exception ;)
Buon giorno Giulia e grazie della tua gentile risposta :) Yes, now that you mention it - Shared Death Experience as opposed to Deathbed Vision. It might have actually been a combination of the two and I agree it truly was an incredible gift, one for which I am forever grateful. As my Father`s time to cross approached, more and more interesting events occurred. Once while standing at the bedside I suddenly saw hundreds of golden beings of light encompassing my Father`s body. I thought I was hallucinating and closed my eyes briefly and when I reopened them the light beings were still there. Again, I closed my eyes and upon opening, they were still present. I just stared at them for a couple of minutes and slowly they dissipated almost in a pixelating sort of way if that makes sense. These beings looked like a cross between an Angel and a Butterfly and I immediately thought that we were either going to be granted a miracle, or my Father was indeed on his way.... I searched and searched online for a comparable image and after some time, found one which was practically identical to what I had seen. The image I found was entitled "The Holy Ghost".
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

15 posts Page 1 of 1