Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
20 posts Page 1 of 1
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
Hi Garry,

Thank you for that excerpt.
I am going to gloss over the aspect of our "roles" in each other's lives, to spare the reader's my ramblings, and to touch on the subject at hand.

I have often wondered about this key principle in life; at least since 2014 when I "heard" that Love is the reason we're here. Before that, I had no clue, and was wandering around aimlessly just doing what I thought I was supposed to be doing. (eh... I still do that, because I feel lost more often than not, but I really am trying.)

I have to admit, even though it most likely IS the answer, it is VERY hard to do!

It is VERY easy to love my son. He's sweet, compassionate, loving, adorable... you know. He's my child. :P
It is VERY easy to love my sister. She's wonderful, caring, considerate, supportive, etc.
It is VERY easy to love babies, children, cute little animals... They're so innocent and cute. : )


HOWEVER.

It is SO hard to love someone who's the exact opposite.
How are we supposed to deal with people who are negative, hateful, spiteful, violent, rude, selfish...?
Or people who hurt us over and over and over and over again?

We. Are. Supposed. To. Love. Them.

I KNOW that.
But doing it is another matter.

All I can do is try my best. I often feel like I'm failing this mission, because I don't feel as if I'm strong enough. Get hurt too many times and you want to close yourself off from all the Love business. But trying to keep hanging on and loving. ;P
(Made a separate post to not overload the previous one... XP)

Another thing to mention, since "Love is the answer":

How do you solve world hunger? LOVE
How do you stop abuse? LOVE
How do you end war? LOVE
How do you stop violence, greed, hate, discrimination, corruption, evil? LOVE

It sounds so clichéd.

How do you make the world a better place? LOVE

It makes sense. Even though 88 percent of the world will look at you as if you're crazy for thinking such a thing. "What a silly concept!" (That percentage I made completely at random.)


FUNFACT: (It's not really that fun... actually...)
Just to see how many people would say that Love is why we're here, I went to look up some of other people's answers. Just from questions like, "What is the meaning of life?" and "What is our purpose in life?" "Why are we here?"

93% said something completely off the mark from Love, such as "We're here to reproduce." or "To give life purpose." or "There is no meaning. We're just here."
4% said something close to Love, such as, "Be good to one another." or "Make the world a better place before we leave it."
3% said directly that "Love is why we're here."



It's... a bit discouraging, I have to say.
So how do we get more people to be on the same page? ;)
Looks like the answer keeps coming up that it's about "missionary work."

Next thing I remember is suddenly finding myself back in the presence of the being of light I'd met first, and told I had to go back. I said: no way, I won't do it. This was about the last thing I wanted to do. Life on earth, filled with darkness, pain, sorrow, limits and limitations, was like a horrifying prison compared to this wonderful place, and I simply refused to go back. I was told that it wasn't my time, that I'd been granted a visit 'back home', but that I had to fulfill my purpose and do the work I myself had chosen to do on earth. The being of light reminded me that my purpose was to learn more about love, compassion, and how to express them on earth, and that my work was to help other people in any way I could. I had chosen this myself. And it told me that I would be back in the world of light in no time. Never forget, in reality there is no time, only eternity itself, it said.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/Lana's_nde.htm

============================================================
"It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love." - Miguel de Unamuno

"The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time." - Lawrence Durrell
What helped me with the directive to "love thine enemy" are a number of different things.

- Know that we are all brothers and sisters.

- That there will come a day when we are all re-united.

-That we can learn a LOT from those we can't get along with. In fact in most cases the people that irritate us most are displaying an excess of a character trait that we lack! Once we get that fixed they no longer irritate us so deeply.

- We should be thankful for the learning experience.

- We must not judge them because its bad to practice bad habits. The more you do, the worse you become.

-Of course there are cases that are particularly hard to forgive such as rapists and murderers etc. They differ in magnitude but not in principle and this may pose a very deep challenge to ourselves. Only God has the big overview picture to be able to judge these cases and the other persons and our roles in this.

Dennis
Rey wrote: Looks like the answer keeps coming up that it's about "missionary work."

Next thing I remember is suddenly finding myself back in the presence of the being of light I'd met first, and told I had to go back. I said: no way, I won't do it. This was about the last thing I wanted to do. Life on earth, filled with darkness, pain, sorrow, limits and limitations, was like a horrifying prison compared to this wonderful place, and I simply refused to go back. I was told that it wasn't my time, that I'd been granted a visit 'back home', but that I had to fulfill my purpose and do the work I myself had chosen to do on earth. The being of light reminded me that my purpose was to learn more about love, compassion, and how to express them on earth, and that my work was to help other people in any way I could. I had chosen this myself. And it told me that I would be back in the world of light in no time. Never forget, in reality there is no time, only eternity itself, it said.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/Lana's_nde.htm



Heaven may be for real, but judging from the NDE, you gotta earn it.

Mainly, if there's no time on the other side & one has to come here to spacetime earth for mission work and spiritual development, then basically (and experientially) one has never spent ANY time ever in heaven. (Maybe like a dream in which you close your eyes at dusk & wake at dawn with little sense of any time having passed.)

A guess is that the cycle ends when one has reached sufficient spiritual maturity.

During the days of Jesus’ earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered, and having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him… - Hebrews 5:7-9
DennisMe wrote: - We must not judge them because its bad to practice bad habits. The more you do, the worse you become.


This strikes me also because of what NDErs say, that you judge yourself when you are over there. And I thought that when we have the habit of judging others harshly then maybe we will judge ourselves very harshly too (with the same measure). So the sentence:
Don't judge so that you will not be judged makes some sense.
As you get more and more involved or intrigued by NDE's ...

And read about the life reviews and " Judging Yourself "....

You don't need to be " Over There " to have a life review or to " Judge Yourself "

As you proceed with the learning of knowledge from reading of other peoples experiences

You end up thinking back on many of the things you have done in life and giving yourself a life review

And " Judging Yourself " at the same time ....


Just Saying.................................
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
prismreverie wrote: How do you solve world hunger? LOVE
How do you stop abuse? LOVE
How do you end war? LOVE
How do you stop violence, greed, hate, discrimination, corruption, evil? LOVE


Hi, prism. I do see your point and have struggled with that a lot. I still do. At a certain point I had to realise I was not here to change the world and was only like a pebble thrown in the ocean, which could have a ripple effect, irrespective of what I did or how I felt. The negative ripple effect my unloving reactions have had has occasionally been as powerful as a tsunami for other people's feelings and I am trying to learn from those experiences to never let it happen again. As far as I am aware, we are only in control of our own reactions to negative and unloving people and circumstances, and that is all we have to work on. Sometimes, apparently unloving approaches simply come as a result of fear, defensiveness, misunderstandings, illness and other aspects that we cannot easily fix. But smiling and being in nice, or simply refraining from any reaction (silence is golden, some say) when something negative seems to be happening, can really prove to have a magic effect on how others then react. That is what I understand is called the ripple effect.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
prismreverie wrote: HOWEVER.

It is SO hard to love someone who's the exact opposite.
How are we supposed to deal with people who are negative, hateful, spiteful, violent, rude, selfish...?
Or people who hurt us over and over and over and over again?

We. Are. Supposed. To. Love. Them.

I KNOW that.
But doing it is another matter.

All I can do is try my best. I often feel like I'm failing this mission, because I don't feel as if I'm strong enough. Get hurt too many times and you want to close yourself off from all the Love business. But trying to keep hanging on and loving. ;P



I think it's a learning process and takes time and many retakes. We shouldn't be too hard with ourselves and expect that we are able to love that rude neighbor or the annoying, spiteful colleague starting tomorrow morning. It's like when you want to bring water to the boil, it won't happen in a split second. You turn on the gas and let the water warm up slowly, and it takes some times to start boiling. Baby steps ... Maybe the first step could be not to give in when anger and hate and revengeful feelings over, for example, someone who insulted you well up. Just acknowledge them - and let them pass, perhaps making way for a more moderate emotional response later on. By not giving all our attention and energy to non-loving emotions, which usually are mere habitual reactions of self defense, we slowly deprive them of their powerful hold over us. Understanding and compassion and even love might then ultimately happen by itself. But I don't think you can will yourself to feel love from the get go.

As for things like rape, murder, sexual abuse etc, I find the excerpt in the opening post very interesting, where she is being told (or reminded) that before incarnating she had together with her father agreed to have this experience (sexual abuse by her father) in this life to learn about love and forgiveness. That's extremely crucial and really something to think about. Are all crimes pre-decided by the participating souls, and meant to be a learning opportunity, I wonder? In the many NDEs I have read I have not found anything to the contrary. Anybody else has?

@Garry, thank you for posting this excerpt, it is very valuable for me because I'm also currently struggling with issues concerning my father.
Martina wrote: Are all crimes pre-decided by the participating souls, and meant to be a learning opportunity, I wonder? In the many NDEs I have read I have not found anything to the contrary. Anybody else has?


I feel that this is a dangerous assumption to make, because a would-be criminal might think "I want to do this crime, it is my destiny to do it, so I will!" It excuses those things, and I think that's wrong.

We should always act in love and do the right thing. I don't believe that a loving Creator would ever require us to do bad things to each other. On the other hand, if people do make bad choices, I'm sure that this can be seen in advance by someone from the spiritual dimension. And of course, God can make good from any situation.
Listen to 8 Sept C2C interview with author and historian Jonathan Cahn in which he discussed his new work, "The Book of Mysteries", which reveals hidden details surrounding such topics as end times, the name of God, ancient Israel, and prophecy.

Cahn speaks about what the "Book of Mysteries" has to say concerning finding one's destiny.

I have posted the short relevant audio clip on "Vocaroo" here :

http://vocaroo.com/delete/s1UAkVRwDbKM/572cdcfcb859f920
blue102 wrote:
Martina wrote: Are all crimes pre-decided by the participating souls, and meant to be a learning opportunity, I wonder? In the many NDEs I have read I have not found anything to the contrary. Anybody else has?


I feel that this is a dangerous assumption to make, because a would-be criminal might think "I want to do this crime, it is my destiny to do it, so I will!" It excuses those things, and I think that's wrong.

We should always act in love and do the right thing. I don't believe that a loving Creator would ever require us to do bad things to each other. On the other hand, if people do make bad choices, I'm sure that this can be seen in advance by someone from the spiritual dimension. And of course, God can make good from any situation.


I totally understand your concerns. This is a sticky subject I have been thinking about for quite some time. If everything that exists is love, everything is ONE, and comes from one all-encompassing, loving consciousness, where does evil fit in? Is it also part of that love and oneness, serving a purpose (such as creating friction necessary for learning and evolving)? Or does it somehow exist separate from the loving source - which would mean, not all is love, it would mean there is a duality, not oneness. Yet, oneness is what most NDEr's report.

I did not mean to imply that a loving creator or God would "require" us to do anything criminal or evil, I was referring to the excerpt in the original post where the experiencer realized that she and another soul had together agreed upon experiencing certain things (father/daughter sexual abuse) in their earth lives to create a situation for learning about forgiveness. In this situation, clearly emotional trauma and pain were freely chosen to facilitate learning. It seems very cruel to us - a small girl being raped by her father, it's a terrible despicable thing! But there you have it, they both agreed to experience this together, and she did learn about forgiveness and loved him nonetheless.

I'm just wondering how often this concept applies to the painful and terrible things that we all live through? How much of it have we chosen? All of it? Or is there also a separate entity, something/someone evil, that sometimes forces us and overpowers us, and makes us suffer against our will?

I have seen the explanation - that everything is as it should be and that we choose these kinds of painful experiences before incarnating - in a number of NDE reports. I have not seen the other scenario, that someone reports that a separate, evil entity was hurting people/souls. Anybody remembers such an NDE?
I have found a partial answer to the questions I was exploring in my previous post on the following website, the link was provided by another member in another thread:

AFTERLIFE 101 - CHAPTER 1. THE DEATH EXPERIENCE OF ADULTS

There, spirit guides talk about different types of death, a fascinating read! I can only recommend it.

But what connects it to this thread are these two sections

Random murder with no prior agreement

and

Random murder with prior agreement

The differences are explained in the text.

So apparently both is possible, death by murder that has been agreed upon prior to incarnating, and the same without prior agreement, which they call an "interference of the energy of another individual". :o
As far as the question of Evil is concerned,
I don't believe in it and yet I do.

The way I see it is in comparison to light.
Darkness does not exist, you can't measure darkness directly. You can measure the relative presence or absence of light.
Let's take the sun for a concrete example.
The sun continuously radiates vast amounts of light and heat (among many more types of energy).
The closer you get to the source, the warmer and lighter it gets (in fact, the energy level increases exponentially as you get closer, so getting just a little closer makes an exponential difference to the heat and light you experience).
Darkness is not a separate entity that can go against the light. You can't make a dark light that could "shine darkness" and block out the sun. Even a so-called black hole can't do that, it can only absorb light, it cannot project darkness.
We can however create shadows by temporarily blocking out the light.
Evil is what I see as being far away from the light, or moving away from it and as you do so, you get colder and dimmer very rapidly.
So, the forces of evil to me are those souls who have hidden themselves from the light (in effect they have turned their backs on it). The light itself is of course undiminished by their foolishness but they are exercising their free will.
Dennis, Don't fool yourself. Evil does exist. We must not let it in.
ano1 wrote: Evil does exist. We must not let it in.


DennisMe wrote: As far as the question of Evil is concerned, I don't believe in it and yet I do.


My thoughts on this are that:

1) we are all ultimately made of energy,
2) energy follows thought and is therefore powerfully creative, much more than we realise, and
3) energy flows where attention goes, so, if we choose to focus our attention on lack of light as a fearful monster, then we might become defensive and get distracted from our creative role.

Just like black holes have recently been found to eject light after absorbing a big amount of it all at once:

Image

Scientists just saw a black hole eat a star and spit some of it back out for the first time ever

the notion of evilness as a powerful and fearful entity that kills lights for good and drains creation is far from being proved.

I have recently come across and ancient Inka theory, based on which we all have black-hole-like energy digestive systems that allow us to absorb denser energies, digest them and release them to the universe as some kind of beneficial compost, thus making this world a better place.

I understand Pastors and Nurses specialise in this type of service and help people who are afraid of darkness to see the difference between being defensive and being creative.

I can’t imagine a better reason for being here on this planet than being actively creative in bringing Love and Light to those who most need it and, even though we all have our ups and down, my feeling is that, if we actively seek goodness, we are all capable of getting a glimpse of our Big Picture and regain encouragement and motivation to accomplish our mission.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Ano1, I'll answer this for you from a more Christian standpoint.
I didn't say Evil doesn't exist (it does and it doesn't). It doesn't in the way most Christians believe it does, but it occurs as a consequence of shadow created by free will or imperfections caused by material processes such as plate tectonics or survival of the fittest.

So, no I don't deny there is evil. I don't deny that there are shadows either. Sure, there can be an entity which calls itself Beelzebub or any number of evil entities. I have even met some evil entities in my time, both incarnate and discarnate so I know from experience that they do exist (If you can call that existence). And yes, they can do actual damage with their lies and deception. But the truth will ALWAYS out them in the end.

However: Evil as a powerful force co-existing with and standing against God is a myth. God is not bi-polar, his (genderless) existence can not depend on anything, least of all on the existence of evil. I'm totally convinced of that.
When you shine a flashlight, darkness disappears. In the same way the sum total power of evil against the force of light equals nil. Light does not exist because of darkness, but the contrast that is created by shadow allows us to notice and appreciate the light more effectively!
If we are on a hike in the countryside and darkness falls, we turn on a flashlight and go on, or put up a tent and camp out. Its the same with evil. When confronted by evil we should respond with love from the certainty that it can not harm us because we are made of light, its in our very nature. Fear is our true enemy (Hebrew word: Satan) and trust banishes out fear. Any theory or theology that promotes or incites fear is flawed to the core. That is why Jesus said that the whole law (Heb: Torah) and prophets (Heb: Neviim) are contained in "Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself". All the rest, including modern and ancient theology, falls at best in the category of scripture he didn't name (Heb: Chetuviim: Stories).


Now I know this doesn't sit well with a lot of pretty ancient church dogma but:
Jesus is a prime example of a man who brought the light of God into this world, and we can all do so in the same manner because we are no different in nature. We are only different in where we choose to focus our consciousness. For example on sickness, separation, brokenness and evil. He focussed on God (as in Love; not a collection of man-made rules) and consequently he manifested God in this world and demonstrated the only way to live (from Love).

I hope this clarifies my thinking on this subject a bit more.
DennisMe wrote: Ano1, I'll answer this for you from a more Christian standpoint.
I didn't say Evil doesn't exist (it does and it doesn't). It doesn't in the way most Christians believe it does, but it occurs as a consequence of shadow created by free will or imperfections caused by material processes such as plate tectonics or survival of the fittest.

So, no I don't deny there is evil. I don't deny that there are shadows either. Sure, there can be an entity which calls itself Beelzebub or any number of evil entities. I have even met some evil entities in my time, both incarnate and discarnate so I know from experience that they do exist (If you can call that existence). And yes, they can do actual damage with their lies and deception. But the truth will ALWAYS out them in the end.

However: Evil as a powerful force co-existing with and standing against God is a myth. God is not bi-polar, his (genderless) existence can not depend on anything, least of all on the existence of evil. I'm totally convinced of that.
When you shine a flashlight, darkness disappears. In the same way the sum total power of evil against the force of light equals nil. Light does not exist because of darkness, but the contrast that is created by shadow allows us to notice and appreciate the light more effectively!
If we are on a hike in the countryside and darkness falls, we turn on a flashlight and go on, or put up a tent and camp out. Its the same with evil. When confronted by evil we should respond with love from the certainty that it can not harm us because we are made of light, its in our very nature. Fear is our true enemy (Hebrew word: Satan) and trust banishes out fear. Any theory or theology that promotes or incites fear is flawed to the core. That is why Jesus said that the whole law (Heb: Torah) and prophets (Heb: Neviim) are contained in "Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself". All the rest, including modern and ancient theology, falls at best in the category of scripture he didn't name (Heb: Chetuviim: Stories).


Now I know this doesn't sit well with a lot of pretty ancient church dogma but:
Jesus is a prime example of a man who brought the light of God into this world, and we can all do so in the same manner because we are no different in nature. We are only different in where we choose to focus our consciousness. For example on sickness, separation, brokenness and evil. He focussed on God (as in Love; not a collection of man-made rules) and consequently he manifested God in this world and demonstrated the only way to live (from Love).

I hope this clarifies my thinking on this subject a bit more.


This was truly inspired! Thank you Dennis. I love you.
Interesting stuff here about love. The idea of loving one's enemy is something I had trouble with most of my life. Especially family or "friends" who'd hurt me deeply. More so those who put on the "I'm a wonderful Christian" show to the rest of the world. I resented them greatly.

Since we are told to love, not hate, our enemies I knew this hate was something I did NOT want to take to my grave. But how could I learn to love someone I perceived as so hateable?

One day a few years back I was struggling with this and the negative energy I knew it caused in my own soul. While contemplating what to do it dawned on me if I didn't allow myself to hate them, is that not in a fashion loving them instead? So what I concentrated on was pushing negative thoughts about those I was LEAST angry with out of my head by not allowing my mind to ruminate on them. It worked for me with folks I was least angry with in a fairly short time-span. But when it came to the last, few individuals who'd hurt me deeply, not to mention the terrible affect some of this did to my husband and kids, that was another story. It took a long time, but I did finally find success and lose the hate. It was a burden off me for sure.

So, now for the love part. I no longer hated them, but was not excited at all about now "loving" them as I would my husband or children. So I chose to simply continue refusing to let thought of what they did in the past linger in my head, and not to let what they would do in the present bother me. They are who they are and it is what it is. Oh well, let it go right? What happened next took me by surprise.....

As I was in the presence of these folks, without the hate, I actually started to LIKE them. Shocker. So to sum it up, not hating in my opinion is the path to loving. Hope that makes sense because not everyone can simply love in the same manner God/Jesus do. We're human and still on this side :D
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I've finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already! ~ Dave Barry :)
20 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron