Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
7 posts Page 1 of 1
OK, so I'm not quite sure where to post this and I don't think it's an incredibly serious topic either. But anyway...

I had a dream last night that I was hanging out with an ex-boyfriend. I had this little dress on and we were being kind of romantic and kissing and whatnot. I was saying stuff like "I miss you" and we were catching up on life. Then my husband actually walked in the room from working and woke me up as he was going to bed. I felt annoyed that he disturbed my visit with my ex.

Then this morning I felt upset by that, because I love my husband and I don't care about the ex at all. Having had several dream "visitations" with people both alive and dead, I am not sure if this was an actual "meeting" in the spiritual realm or if it was just a dream. And then I wonder, if it was just a dream, maybe all of my visitations are just dreams and nothing more?

Ugh, confusing. What do you think?
I've had both visitations from folks who are living and also visitations from those who are deceased - all in dream form.
When you dream of someone who is deceased, I've always heard those visits are real. When you have recurring dreams
of someone who is still alive - I'm not sure. All I can do is relate this story:

I dated the most wonderful man for a year and a half. We were so happy. Suddenly he left me. Wouldn' t talk to me, tell me
why he left, nothing. I cried for years. I did, however, start to dream about him. Not just dreams, but it's like - I would be
sitting alone in the den of my home and he would come to me. We would be together and talk, and then it would be over.
Or another dream: I was walking through a restaurant. I saw my family sitting at a table off to the side. I walked across
the room and he stood there. He walked up to me. I looked at him and saw the tears streaming down his face as he looked
back at me. Then I woke up.

These felt very real to me and I took away a feeling that we had met on a spiritual level. It's been 6 years since he walked
away. I've seen him a couple of times, written to him many times and he back to me. Just saw him a week ago. I believe
we are connected somehow, but it's something I feel. I don't "know" for sure what's going on.

Maybe this perspective can help with your question.
apwerner wrote: I've had both visitations from folks who are living and also visitations from those who are deceased - all in dream form.
When you dream of someone who is deceased, I've always heard those visits are real. When you have recurring dreams
of someone who is still alive - I'm not sure. All I can do is relate this story:

I dated the most wonderful man for a year and a half. We were so happy. Suddenly he left me. Wouldn' t talk to me, tell me
why he left, nothing. I cried for years. I did, however, start to dream about him. Not just dreams, but it's like - I would be
sitting alone in the den of my home and he would come to me. We would be together and talk, and then it would be over.
Or another dream: I was walking through a restaurant. I saw my family sitting at a table off to the side. I walked across
the room and he stood there. He walked up to me. I looked at him and saw the tears streaming down his face as he looked
back at me. Then I woke up.

These felt very real to me and I took away a feeling that we had met on a spiritual level. It's been 6 years since he walked
away. I've seen him a couple of times, written to him many times and he back to me. Just saw him a week ago. I believe
we are connected somehow, but it's something I feel. I don't "know" for sure what's going on.

Maybe this perspective can help with your question.

Yes, thank you. That is interesting.

Of course not all dreams are visitations (I don't think they are, anyway!) I used to dream of a (different) guy I knew a lot. I was not attracted to the guy but I always thought he was a nice guy, and I think my mind was just playing out that scenario (not a visitation). On the other hand, once I dreamed that my sister just walked up to me and told me something that related to her personal life. I never mentioned this dream to her but the next time I saw her, she started talking about the subject. I feel this was a real visitation and she needed to confide in me for some reason.

But this dream about the ex was odd... I couldn't tell if it was "real" or not. It seemed like it was, but I don't know why I would have been acting so romantic to him. We did date for several years and he asked me to marry him, but I said no. That was more than a decade ago. :?
A number of dreams I have had were therapeutic. They had a definite purpose and often recur. In some cases to help rid me of fear.
It usually takes me a while to figure it out though. When I do, the dream stops recurring. Maybe this dream is trying to teach you something about yourself too?
Also don't be too hard on yourself for dreaming stuff that goes against your normal moral character, the fact that dreams let us safely explore 'out of the box' scenarios is often a blessing in disguise.
"Are dream visitations real?" - over the past few days I've been pondering this question myself because of a recent dream.

The situation is this: I never knew my father, never even seen a picture of him, and I have always wondered about him. Last month, totally unexpected, my half sister (= other daughter of my father) managed to track me down on facebook and we started emailing. She sent me photos and told me about his life. This had a very strong and deep emotional impact on me! When I saw his face for the first time I had the immediate feeling that I've known him all my life, and missed him all my life. I can't quite explain it but I feel a strong bond, I recognized him. However, my father died many years ago. I have been crying a lot ...

Then a few days ago I dreamed that I see him standing in the kitchen of the home I grew up in. It is morning, it is dawn, and he just stands there in pajamas, looking at me, smiling lovingly.

I felt very happy when I woke up. I was wondering if he really visited me in spirit in this dream. It does feel like it.
How wonderful, Martina :)

Based on my experience and understanding, "your" feeling about that experience is what counts most, as it is "you" who experienced it!

Based on your own feelings, this must have been a very happy event and a mutually emotional one: not only for you, but for your Dad too, who seems to have been able to somehow get you to "find" him and then connect with him directly.

By the way, I like to call these events experiences because one never knows what is really going on in dreams, OBEs, NDEs, etc. This truly sounds like a happy family reunion :)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
I love the way you think Giulia! It's quite possible that he had a hand in my sister tracking me down, what a wonderful thought :)

Yes apart from the fact that I now miss him (which I hadn't before) I'm very happy, and I feel .... how to put that in words ... as if love is streaming towards me, his love for me. I feel nourished. It's a wonderful feeling.
7 posts Page 1 of 1