Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
5 posts Page 1 of 1
In today's news:

Japanese Study Finds That 1 in 5 Dying Patients Experienced Deathbed Visions of Deceased Loved Ones or the Afterlife

A recent study from Japan may strengthen the case for the afterlife as it found a remarkable number of dying people report having contact with the 'other side' prior to their death.

The research came in the form of a survey to family members of people who recently passed away and asked them numerous questions about the experience, seemingly in an attempt to improve end-of-life care in the country.

Included among those inquires was a curious question about the phenomenon of deathbed visions being seen by their family member before they died.

In a testament to how these experiences are seen in Japanese culture, they actually have a name: Omukae.

Incredibly, a whopping 22% of the respondents reported such an occurrence taking pace prior to their loved one passing away.

An additional question provided even more insight into these events as around 25% of those people claim to also have witnessed the visions which their dying family member saw, while the other 75% were only told about the experience prior to their loved one passing away.

Other enlightening findings from the study included that nearly 90% of the visions were of someone who had passed away previously, most notably parents, and older female patients seemed the most likely to experience the phenomenon.

Although the study certainly does not prove the reality of the phenomenon to a degree that would satisfy an ardent skeptic, it may help to further normalize 'deathbed visions' for doctors who have patients that experience them.

And, in turn, as the phenomenon becomes more and more accepted as real but unsolved, we just may begin taking a closer look at it and how it could provide the elusive answer to what happens when we die.

http://www.dailygrail.com/Spirit-World/2016/9/Japanese-Study-Finds-1-5-Dying-Patients-Experienced-Deathbed-Visions-Deceased
Rey, Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.
My father-in-law saw his mother and talked to her a few days before he left.
During my nursing years, we knew these things to happen.
I have a really good example of "death bed" visions, but my experience goes a little further.

My father entered the hospital a month before he died. He had heart disease (to put it mildly) and died from complications of open heart surgery at age 75.

The amazing thing about my story is that I did not find out about this until I was at my father's wake:

Two weeks before he died, from his hospital room, my father placed a call to a family member who is known to have communications with those who have passed over. My family is very "spiritual" and lots of us can see / communicate in that way. This family member's husband (my mother's cousin) had died about 5 years prior..

During this phone call, my father told this family member that her dead husband (we'll call him FL), who was very close to my mother and my father, had been in my Dad's hospital room constantly....never leaving. Daddy said that FL was with him, even when his eyes were closed. Never leaving.

This family member who he was talking to asked him "what is he saying to you?"

Daddy replied "words of comfort."

Well, at my Dad's wake, this family member who my Dad was talking to came up to me and told me the above story. She told me that she knew immediately that FL was there to take my Dad home but she didn't want to tell my Dad so as not to worry him. She said when she hung up the phone, she called over her daughter and told her "Joe is going to die." (Joe is my Dad.)

Two weeks later, daddy died.

Funny thing is, my Dad NEVER believed in God or the afterlife. He said "when you die you die" and believed that all that was left of you is nothingness. For my relative to come to me and tell me this story about my father proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that there IS an afterlife and that people DO have deathbed visions. For a man like my dad to say these things...was unbelievable.

I can still remember during the weeks after my father's surgery that he was acting rather strangely. Looking off into the corner of the room as if he saw somebody there when I could see nobody. Daddy even said goodbye to us.

My amazement at all of this is still with me. I had a feeling he would not make it through this....and HE obviously knew it too. He said absolutely NOTHING to anybody about what he was seeing. He didn't want us to know that he was going away.

RIP Daddy.... 6/14/1933 - 8/16/2008
Thank you to Rey for the interesting article, and to ano1 and Apwerner for sharing your stories.

During the last couple of weeks before his death, my father also claimed to have seen his deceased father (my grandfather). He said he father was visiting him and hanging around him.
Thank you, Rey, for sharing this article. I am especially happy that this study is the result of a willingness to improve the quality of life for terminal patients and their families.

I am also very interested in hearing about shared deathbed visions. It must mean a lot for the experiencers to know they are not alone when this happens and during the transition, and for those who are left behind to know that their loved ones were greeted by family or friends on the other side.

I was very touched by your account, apwerner. It must really mean a lot to you and how nice of your daddy not to want to worry you. That gives me hope that at least some of those who are not reported to have deathbed visions may be actually receiving words of comfort and not telling us.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
5 posts Page 1 of 1