Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I believe it's not healthy to obsess over past lives, as the current one matters most. However, it's an intriguing subject.

Do you believe that meditation can surface some past-life recall?

I am sure I had at least one REAL past life (as opposed to possibly imagined), because I had some spontaneous memories as a child, but they are very vague now. I remember telling my mom about them at about age 4 or 5.

Lately I've tried some self-hypnosis videos and I got some images. I have a feeling of "ugh" about these visions, like revisiting a time period I would not want to return. Like a bad taste I have long outgrown. I feel like I just don't wanna go back there.

The images themselves were just bits and pieces of things. I saw a couple of different cars, some places, and some people. I saw a vision of myself looking in a mirror, pregnant. I think I've seen three different lives from various times, and none of them were very exciting. I was basically the SAME PERSON I AM NOW in all these lives, in similar circumstances, just different time periods. But the biggest thing was that I seemed really unhappy and bored. It is a gross feeling.

In one meditation I saw a broken window and blood in the bathtub. I saw that right before the video ended and I woke up from my trance after that so I didn't get to explore it. I am so curious what happened there.

But, I don't know if these things might just be imagination.

Have you had any past-life memories, and would you say that these memories are legit?
we have a section on Reincarnation

Go here to view it

http://nderf.me/forum142.html

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
I believe your emotional response to any kind of vision is what distinguishes it between a real memory vs 'just' imagination. But actually I don't think it matters much what you call it. If it had an effect on you, made you feel something, made you think, and realize something about yourself, then it is a valuable message and helped you grow in your awareness. And that's all that matters in the end.

I had one vision I'm pretty sure was a past life memory as I have nothing to compare it to in my current life. As with you, it happened during a meditation, and it made me aware of my deepest fear, so deep it's utterly crippling. In the vision I saw myself standing in a small village of old times, straw huts, bare earth, probably African desert, we would consider it a very poor lifestyle nowadays, but maybe at the time this was how people lived. Anyway, I was standing in my village which was destroyed from war, completely destroyed. Everyone but me was dead, even the animals slaughtered. The huts were destroyed, burning. I stood there crying, and crying, and crying. Everything had been taken from me, everyone and everything I loved was dead and burned. I had nothing left and my heart was shattered. This vision, whether a real past life memory or not, made me aware of my deep fear of war and violence, of being torn away from everyone I love in an instant, and have nothing and noone left. As I said, it's a crippling fear that comes over me on occasion, and fills me with mistrust and anxiety. But I'm grateful to have been made aware of it, so I can see how it influences my current day choices and actions from deep within me. Hopefully one day I will be able to overcome it, or let it go, and be free.

Your visions might be trying to tell or show you something or remind you of something too. I would say go with your emotional responses - "ugh" and "gross" and "bored" etc and try to make a connection to your current life.
Sorry need to cut....delete was not available...why?

Its my info...if i want to delete because subsequently i decide info is not for posting on the web....i should be able to.

Ok not going to post then....
autumn wrote: Sorry need to cut....delete was not available...why?

Its my info...if i want to delete because subsequently i decide info is not for posting on the web....i should be able to.

Ok not going to post then....

Becuase if Delete was available people could go back and delete their post which could make the entire thread broken and not understandable if someone has referenced a post later and then it gets deleted

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
testing deleting a post

I just tested it and you can edit or delete a posting for 15 minutes after you post it
testing signiture
6 posts Page 1 of 1