Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
24 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello fellow nderf readers : )

There is a dilemma that I feel I need to raise.
I know that not everyone who believes in near death experiences believe in God. They may believe in a Source, Higher Power, Universal Consciousness... etc. But sometimes the implication of God Himself is shunned.

Okay, I get that. People are going to have differing beliefs. Especially when each person's experience in life is different.
But at least they believe in SOMETHING. Something that promotes Love and kindness and to try and teach that here on Earth.
But what about those that have never heard of nde's, or dismiss the bible/God completely; who think there's NOTHING waiting for us after we pass away, thus can literally do anything and everything in life with no afterlife repercussion... and so on? How, honestly, do we reach those people?

I promise I am not crazy ( :P :shock: :o :lol: 8-) :?: :?: :?: :?: ) but it feels like God is calling me to do something with my life. ...Like, in the bible how it mentions:
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

James 1:21-25


I have a synchronistic tie to this phrase (four of them, within the last 2 days) and the other signs that I have received... and yet I have spent a lot of my time doing exactly this. Just "hearing" the calling, but doing nothing about it. :\ So I really want to be able to DO something, and feel like He wants me to somehow reach others, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. :|
And I know once I start to preach/advocate about God/Jesus to those who don't believe or are on the fence, I'll be faced with scorn/ridicule/anger and so on. And might drive them away even further. ...So are there any gentle ways to approach this? : )



IMPORTANT!
(Btw... with my excessive use of emoticons on this post, realized that there are TWO devil emoticons, but no angels?? :cry: I would like to see an angel emoticon... and maybe a unicorn one. :P)
IMPORTANT!
(Btw... with my excessive use of emoticons on this post, realized that there are TWO devil emoticons, but no angels?? :cry: I would like to see an angel emoticon... and maybe a unicorn one. :P)

I will look into this but don't expect it really quickly









So I really want to be able to DO something, and feel like He wants me to somehow reach others, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. :|


And I know once I start to preach/advocate about God/Jesus to those who don't believe or are on the fence, I'll be faced with scorn/ridicule/anger and so on. And might drive them away even further. ...So are there any gentle ways to approach this? : )



Let it Go........

Go With The Flow ......

Stop Looking ........

If someone or something wants you to know something or do something in paticular, then they will be the first to tell you what it is and how to do it
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
Hi prism :)

That's a good question, and I don't know if I have a helpful answer, but I offer my thoughts.

I believe that sworn atheists who scoff at the mention or idea of 'God" are like that for a reason. I remember when I was a child I used to pray every night before going to sleep, just talking with God - but secretly, because my mom was (and is) an atheist and laughed about me and said it was 'nonsense'. Over time I prayed less and less (but still occasionally), and defined myself as an atheist too. Consequently I had friends and teachers who thought along the same lines, so this way of thinking got reinforced. It is only now that I get older that I'm slowly coming back to God or my Higher Self or The Great Spirit or Enlightenment, or whatever you want to call it. I actually don't have a word or name for it, but when I go by my experience I would call it maybe 'Eternal Consciousness' or The Great Love' because I have experienced it that way. An immense help for me was reading 100s of NDEs and feeling so inspired and nourished by them, inspired to look deeper within myself and listen to my heart once again.

So maybe, don't give it a name? Leave it open for people to name it themselves, it is after all a highly personal and subjective experience.

How to reach those people - I don't know, I don't think you can reach anyone who doesn't want to be reached. All you can do is, be kind and accepting, wherever they are in their spiritual path and awakening. Again, my mom comes to mind. I can still not talk with her about anything spiritual, she is "100% sure" there is absolutely nothing after death. She laughs about people who claim to have had an NDE, even when I tell her about research into verifiable events they witnessed when out of their body. I feel sometimes sad and even worried about her, but what can I do? Arguing, explaining leads to even more stubborn refusal on her part. So all I can give her is my love and my acceptance of who and what and where she is right now. I know nothing is wrong with her, nothing is missing, everything is there, she is a beautiful little flower, she is just blind to it right now. She is a loving and giving and thoughtful person though, so I encourage that as much as possible.

I think reaching people is a highly individual thing. Like you say, for some it might be helpful if you quote the Bible and talk about God and Jesus, others might need a completely different approach, different words, names, teachings - Buddhism, Zen, Native American, what have you, they all have inspiring stories and teachers. The basics are however the same everywhere - go within, listen deep inside of you, become still and find that love, that higher consciousness within. No names, no scriptures are needed. It's all already there, within everyone.

What's important is not to expect big changes to happen. For most it is baby steps. If you are kind to people in small ways, helpful to them whatever their need might be at any given moment, a smile, a hug, lending you ear, or providing some practical assistance, understanding and accepting them, I think you are well on the path of being a "doer who acts" in the spirit of God.
Awesome Admin* wrote: I will look into this but don't expect it really quickly


(*That was not a slightly subliminal message to get anything going. : ) Just a term of endearment. :D)
Thank you for considering!

Martina wrote: What's important is not to expect big changes to happen. For most it is baby steps. If you are kind to people in small ways, helpful to them whatever their need might be at any given moment, a smile, a hug, lending you ear, or providing some practical assistance, understanding and accepting them, I think you are well on the path of being a "doer who acts" in the spirit of God.


I think this might be the best way to go. : )
And with these synchronistic events, another one just happened today, that deals with this very subject. I wrote my original post last night, and then today, literally just 15 minutes ago, I came across this video (the first video I decided to click on, btw) -

phpBB [video]


And I cheated... by skipping to the end to see what her main message/take away would be from her nde. I like to see what the gist of the nde is, and then I'll go back and watch all of it (most of the time), so on this one I skipped to the last 2 minutes of it.
And the main message of her video, (sorry for the spoiler?) is to "reach out. To everybody. Especially to those who live alone, or feel lonely. Reach out, and just share yourself, with them. Because that is your gift. Is yourself."

It's fascinating, that I was struggling with these thoughts, and then see this video, and conveniently ended up hearing the message that deals with this very subject. And she used the term "Reach out." It literally stopped me cold. It definitely fits this whole situation I've been thinking about.

And I appreciate your replies, Garry and Martina. : )
I think we are all here to help each other and lead us all to our purpose(s) in life. : ) So I am very grateful for your feedback.
And Martina, I am glad your Mother is very loving and caring, and I hope that she will understand these philosophies in time and what's going on in our spiritual/physical life.
Awesome you found this video just when you needed it :)

Have you ever browsed the "Exceptional accounts" page on the nderf home page? There are many who come back with this feeling of wanting to reach out, and some describe what they subsequently did to follow this calling. Maybe it'll inspire and encourage you to read them.

I'm glad my post was useful/helpful in some way for you :)
prismreverie wrote: (Btw... with my excessive use of emoticons on this post, realized that there are TWO devil emoticons, but no angels?? :cry: I would like to see an angel emoticon... and maybe a unicorn one. :P)


Hi, Prism, thanks to Garry's tireless work, we do have ways to create our own emoticons. You could try this one for instance:

Image

If you have any other one in mind, please provide a picture and we can try and create a link for it.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hello prism,

I'd like to offer a different perspective on your question. It's not a popular perspective, for reasons that will become clear.

Reading your post, you are enthused about believing in something. Filled with that enthusiasm, you are hoping to convince others of its importance, and have their company on your journey.

Yes, it is important to engage with others. But spreading belief is really more about your emotional need than the "truth" of what you're sharing. Belief is not the same as Being, or Becoming. Trying to convince others of something you believe in, before you have integrated it yourself, is generally a mistake. In psychology, it's call projection.

This is the great disservice that evangelizing does. It pretends that belief is sufficient, when in fact, it is just the beginning.

And the quote from James says exactly that. It is not about evangelizing "the word" to others. There is nothing in that quote that says anything about "spreading beliefs". It talks about the necessity of applying what you are learning, "doing". It says that hearing or knowledge alone is not enough; that we must "do", we must apply to ourselves what we hear, what we learn, and from the "doing", blessings will come. He is basically saying the same as the physician's credo "Physician, heal thyself".

Belief is the easy part. Doing is difficult. That is where we find the humility ("meekness") that allows us to to receive the "implanted word".

Peace.
That's a valid and important point you are making there Precaud.

I have seen some who had had an NDE or STE and in my opinion started teaching too early. I understand the eagerness to share what happened and show others 'the way' but often an NDE or similar experience is only the beginning, a satori.

From Wikipedia:

Satori is considered a "first step" or embarkation toward Buddhahood:
Ch'an expressions refer to enlightenment as "seeing your self-nature". But even this is not enough. After seeing your self-nature, you need to deepen your experience even further and bring it into maturation. You should have enlightenment experience again and again and support them with continuous practice. Even though Ch'an says that at the time of enlightenment, your outlook is the same as of the Buddha, you are not yet a full Buddha.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satori
That's a good comparison to a satori, Martina. Adding to it, I think we have to consider that, under normal life circumstances, these experiences of "seeing your self-nature" arise organically, as a consequence of experience, maturing, and in resonance with the life we are immersed in. Whereas, the "enlightenment" gained through an NDE is, in a way, meritless, a karmic freebee, like finding money in the street. That heightens the likelihood that we are unprepared to receive it when it comes, and our being-maturity needs to "catch up" to the sneak preview we have been given.

I certainly felt that way for many years after mine. It was the source of great confusion, being as yet unable to "live up" to the knowledge/insight I had.
Precaud wrote: That's a good comparison to a satori, Martina. Adding to it, I think we have to consider that, under normal life circumstances, these experiences of "seeing your self-nature" arise organically, as a consequence of experience, maturing, and in resonance with the life we are immersed in. Whereas, the "enlightenment" gained through an NDE is, in a way, meritless, a karmic freebee, like finding money in the street. That heightens the likelihood that we are unprepared to receive it when it comes, and our being-maturity needs to "catch up" to the sneak preview we have been given.


Yes exactly. Very well put. I have read quite a number of NDE's after which the experiencer seemed to struggle.

Precaud wrote: I certainly felt that way for many years after mine. It was the source of great confusion, being as yet unable to "live up" to the knowledge/insight I had.


I totally believe you!

I like the analogy Anita Moorjani came up with in her NDE account which puts the discrepancy in a more positive light:

The best example I can think of is: imagine there is a huge warehouse, which is dark, and you live in this warehouse with one flashlight. Everything you know about this warehouse is seen through the light of this one small flashlight. Whenever you want to look for something, you may or may not find it, but it does not mean the thing does not exist. It is there, but you just haven't flashed your light on it. You can only see what your light is focused on. Then one day, someone flicks on a lightswitch, and for the first time, you can see the whole warehouse. The vastness of it is almost overwhelming, you can't see all the way to the end, and you know there is more than what you can see. But you do see how all the products are lined up on all the shelves, and you notice just how many different things there are in the warehouse which you never noticed, never even conceived having existed, yet they do, simultaneously with the things you know existed (those are the things your flashlight had been able to find). Then, even when the light switch goes back off, nothing can take away the understanding and clarity of your experience. Even though you are back to one flashlight, you now know how to look for things. You know what is possible, and you even know what to look for. You start viewing things differently, and it is from this new springboard that your experiences start to happen. And so I find that in my daily life, I am referring to different aspects of my experience at different times, and I am understanding things in a different way, and knowing things I did not know I knew.


Link to Anita's NDE: http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... 7s_nde.htm
Precaud, That is perfectly stated.
Thanks ano1.

I like the analogy Anita Moorjani came up with in her NDE account which puts the discrepancy in a more positive light:


Yes, Martina, that is a good analogy, and your perhaps unintentional pun about "a more positive light" was good too :)

Anita's analogy reminded me of a couple things. First, recurring dreams that I had in the years after my NDE. The image was of being in a dark place, feeling quite alone and isolated, unable to see anything, and waiting for someone or something ("god", inspiration, whatever) to come along and turn the light on so that I could once again see. That later evolved to being less passive, groping around in the dark, feeling the walls, looking for the lightswitch myself.

Second, it just so happens that I often had this very experience growing up. It was a large family, the houses we lived in always had basements, and when mom was overwhelmed she frequently sent me to sit in the dark basement for "misbehaving". I hated it. And she would regularly check to make sure that no light was on and that I was just sitting and doing nothing. Until, at some point of her choosing, she decided to end my isolation period, turned the stairway light on, and said I could come up now.

You can't make this stuff up.

It's yet another example of how our childhood experiences form and determine how we interact with our own selves, with others, as well as with "god".

And they could very well determine much of how a particular person's NDE is experienced. In my instance, that would certainly have some merit.
I'm sorry you had to experience that Precaud :( I know that sitting in the basement alone, in the dark, would have scared me tremendously.

Being in darkness, and finding the light(switch) seems to be theme in your life, on the physical as well as the soul level. One wise man once told me that when you're lost in darkness and sing from your heart, the darkness turns into light. Something to try out should you encounter a similar scenario again :)
Damn, I just typed for nearly an hour, got logged off the site and lost it all... again. Will mods please fix that bug?

Martina wrote: I'm sorry you had to experience that Precaud :( I know that sitting in the basement alone, in the dark, would have scared me tremendously.

Yes, it was scary. But it's not all bad... the general practice is still done today with unruly children, it is called "time out". The difference is, they are not isolated into a dark basement and kept there. A chair in the corner of the same room where the people are is much more constructive. They can self-reflect, still feel connected, and let the parent know when they're ready to come back. But you're right; how many years has been wasted struggling with a dynamic that didn't need to exist? Good intentions, poorly executed.

Being in darkness, and finding the light(switch) seems to be theme in your life, on the physical as well as the soul level.

That's very perceptive, and a fair statement, with some qualifications.
1. That precise theme was strongest in the years before and after my NDE (say mid-60's to early-80's). You could say that, even though I knew it beforehand, the NDE removed all doubt that the light existed and could be found. The theme has evolved over the years, and now is more of a "being willing to step into the unknown". So fear of darkness has evolved into being willing to enter into it without loss of self.
2. It is my sincere wish that every person can find their way out of their darkness.
3. I do not agree with "spiritual seekers" constantly separating body from soul. The whole point of growth and evolution is Integration, not Separation. Separation is mostly for purposes of understanding, and for repairs if necessary. Without integration, there is no soul.

One wise man once told me that when you're lost in darkness and sing from your heart, the darkness turns into light. Something to try out should you encounter a similar scenario again :)

That's excellent advice. One which I followed since age 7! (I was a professional musician/singer/songwriter for years.) :)

Tying these themes together, I highly recommend singing Paul Simon's song "Rhythm of the Saints", it is amazing and powerful. (In Africa, Olodumare is their name for the ONE, the creator of heaven and earth and whole universe, very much like the Christian "God" concept.)

"If I have weaknesses, don’t let them blind me,
Or camouflage all I am wary of.
I could be sailing on seizures of laughter,
Or crawling out from under the heel of love.
Do my prayers remain unanswered, like a beggar at your sleeve?
Olodumare is smiling in heaven, smiling in heaven, I do believe.

Reach in the darkness,
A reach in the dark.
To overcome an obstacle or an enemy,
To dominate the impossible in your life,
Reach in the darkness,
A reach in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-OcxlIJVk

(this song has significant low-frequency content (esp. in the drums) so a good speaker system helps and it should be played somewhat loud to feel it in your body...)
Precaud wrote: Damn, I just typed for nearly an hour, got logged off the site and lost it all... again. Will mods please fix that bug?


I am very sorry about that, Precaud! I know how annoying it can be. This is not a bug but a secuirity merasure, as it has to do with the session time-out settings. (time-out... how topical ;) )

I will enquire about the possibility of extending the session time-out settings.

In the meantime, what I suggest you do is simply copy your post when you are ready to hit submit, just in case your login session had expired, and be ready to paste it back in once you have logged in again.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Two Devil emotions but no Angel.... We're trying to tell you something here! (I joke!!!)

Good point. Although to think of a higher power or Universal Consciousness I believe means you believe in a god but dont necessarily call it God. Thats all that this so called God is, a higher power? And this only acts as a name for it. I think the universe is such a wonderful place and so perfectly made that it just wouldn't happen by itself. I also believe in a higher power but for short, I call it God. Of course everyone has different views on this and that fantastic. If we could all help each other and respect each others opinions the world would be a better place! :F

And yes, we'll look into these emotions!!!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.


Giulia wrote:
Precaud wrote: Damn, I just typed for nearly an hour, got logged off the site and lost it all... again. Will mods please fix that bug?

I am very sorry about that, Precaud! I know how annoying it can be. This is not a bug but a secuirity merasure, as it has to do with the session time-out settings. (time-out... how topical ;) )

Haha - good catch - I missed that!

I will enquire about the possibility of extending the session time-out settings.

Thanks.

In the meantime, what I suggest you do is simply copy your post when you are ready to hit submit, just in case your login session had expired, and be ready to paste it back in once you have logged in again.

Yes, I've done that before, and often even write the whole thing in a separate text editor, but didn't remember to do it this time. I don't know going in how long and involved the writing will get...
Precaud wrote: 2. It is my sincere wish that every person can find their way out of their darkness.


Yes mine too. BUT to find a way out of ones darkness one first has to find the courage to go into it, right? What I'm trying to say is, I often have the feeling that we humans spend most of our waking time trying to avoid that darkness within. It's understandable of course because it's scary, but I get more and more the feeling that there's no way around it, and that it is possibly a doorway. Moreover, I think in the end it's unavoidable anyway, inescapable, and at one point we all will face it.

Hope I'm not coming off as too gloomy here! :shock:

Precaud wrote: That's excellent advice. One which I followed since age 7! (I was a professional musician/singer/songwriter for years.) :)


Oh that's excellent! :geek: Are you famous? A household name? Maybe I have sung and danced to your music already!

Precaud wrote: Tying these themes together, I highly recommend singing Paul Simon's song "Rhythm of the Saints", it is amazing and powerful. (In Africa, Olodumare is their name for the ONE, the creator of heaven and earth and whole universe, very much like the Christian "God" concept.)

"If I have weaknesses, don’t let them blind me,
Or camouflage all I am wary of.
I could be sailing on seizures of laughter,
Or crawling out from under the heel of love.
Do my prayers remain unanswered, like a beggar at your sleeve?
Olodumare is smiling in heaven, smiling in heaven, I do believe.

Reach in the darkness,
A reach in the dark.
To overcome an obstacle or an enemy,
To dominate the impossible in your life,
Reach in the darkness,
A reach in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-OcxlIJVk

(this song has significant low-frequency content (esp. in the drums) so a good speaker system helps and it should be played somewhat loud to feel it in your body...)


Thank you! I do not have a good speaker system, and my speakers are not very loud but I will listen anyway!
Martina wrote:
Precaud wrote: 2. It is my sincere wish that every person can find their way out of their darkness.

Yes mine too. BUT to find a way out of ones darkness one first has to find the courage to go into it, right?

I think we have several definitions of "darkness" going on in parallel here. What you refer here to is probably a later, more evolved one.

What I'm trying to say is, I often have the feeling that we humans spend most of our waking time trying to avoid that darkness within.

Completely agree. And have devised countless methods to "calm ourselves" from the discomfort of experiencing the reality of our situation. This recognition is the portal to self-discovery, self-understanding, integration, atonement (at-one-ment), whatever-frame-you-want-to-use, be it mystical, religious, psychological, practical. Many if not most self-development systems begin with an acknowledgment of the darkness; of being lost, out-of-control, out-of-touch, separated from our essential self, etc. This is where the Path starts.

Some folks feel it as a darkness "within" that they feel separate from; some feel it as a darkness they are immersed in, that they live in, and need to find their way out of.

It's understandable of course because it's scary, but I get more and more the feeling that there's no way around it, and that it is possibly a doorway.

Completely agree!

Moreover, I think in the end it's unavoidable anyway, inescapable, and at one point we all will face it.

Completely agree. And therein lies our choice. Maintain our identity as-is and live with this "split sense of self" until the very end of our existence; or embrace the darkness and allow it to change us now. All the stories about discovering new lands, new worlds, lost ancient knowledge, etc. all allude to this process.

Hope I'm not coming off as too gloomy here! :shock:

Not at all! I find your thinking to be remarkably realistic, clear, and to-the-point.

Martina wrote:
Precaud wrote: That's excellent advice. One which I followed since age 7! (I was a professional musician/singer/songwriter for years.) :)

Oh that's excellent! :geek: Are you famous? A household name? Maybe I have sung and danced to your music already!

Oh, nothing that grandiose. I mostly worked behind the scenes in recording studios. There are huge numbers of amazing songs written by people you've never heard of, people who wrote and sang with no commercial aspiration for their music. I was privileged to work with them in their creative process.

It's a pity we're having this chat in the "Christianity Cafe", a religion which, in modern form, so badly botches and mischaracterizes the topic we're discussing. Perhaps we can re-name the forum to include other streams of thought?
prismreverie wrote: I have a synchronistic tie to this phrase (four of them, within the last 2 days) and the other signs that I have received... and yet I have spent a lot of my time doing exactly this. Just "hearing" the calling, but doing nothing about it. :\ So I really want to be able to DO something, and feel like He wants me to somehow reach others, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. :|


Well, prism, maybe that is the feeling you get about yourself, because it is difficult to be impartial about oneself, but based on what I can see there is a tremendous amount of "doing" about you! Also I feel we often get impatient about the time things take to materialise in our world, including the doing, because our souls may not be immersed in linear time all the time. We get glimpses of insights and then we are back in our everyday reality.

John 16:17

What might have Jesus meant here? According to theologist and translator Igor Sibaldi, Jesus was suggesting that at some times we would able to "see clearly" and at others we would be unable, and hence we would need to be patient with ourselves, make the most of the times in which we see clearly so that, when we feel disconnected for some reason, we have a reference point we can go back to as a reminder. :A
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Precaud wrote:
Martina wrote:
Precaud wrote: 2. It is my sincere wish that every person can find their way out of their darkness.

Yes mine too. BUT to find a way out of ones darkness one first has to find the courage to go into it, right?

I think we have several definitions of "darkness" going on in parallel here. What you refer here to is probably a later, more evolved one.

What I'm trying to say is, I often have the feeling that we humans spend most of our waking time trying to avoid that darkness within.

Completely agree. And have devised countless methods to "calm ourselves" from the discomfort of experiencing the reality of our situation. This recognition is the portal to self-discovery, self-understanding, integration, atonement (at-one-ment), whatever-frame-you-want-to-use, be it mystical, religious, psychological, practical. Many if not most self-development systems begin with an acknowledgment of the darkness; of being lost, out-of-control, out-of-touch, separated from our essential self, etc. This is where the Path starts.

Some folks feel it as a darkness "within" that they feel separate from; some feel it as a darkness they are immersed in, that they live in, and need to find their way out of.

It's understandable of course because it's scary, but I get more and more the feeling that there's no way around it, and that it is possibly a doorway.

Completely agree!

Moreover, I think in the end it's unavoidable anyway, inescapable, and at one point we all will face it.

Completely agree. And therein lies our choice. Maintain our identity as-is and live with this "split sense of self" until the very end of our existence; or embrace the darkness and allow it to change us now. All the stories about discovering new lands, new worlds, lost ancient knowledge, etc. all allude to this process.

Hope I'm not coming off as too gloomy here! :shock:

Not at all! I find your thinking to be remarkably realistic, clear, and to-the-point.

Martina wrote:
Precaud wrote: That's excellent advice. One which I followed since age 7! (I was a professional musician/singer/songwriter for years.) :)

Oh that's excellent! :geek: Are you famous? A household name? Maybe I have sung and danced to your music already!

Oh, nothing that grandiose. I mostly worked behind the scenes in recording studios. There are huge numbers of amazing songs written by people you've never heard of, people who wrote and sang with no commercial aspiration for their music. I was privileged to work with them in their creative process.

It's a pity we're having this chat in the "Christianity Cafe", a religion which, in modern form, so badly botches and mischaracterizes the topic we're discussing. Perhaps we can re-name the forum to include other streams of thought?


Hi Precaud, I have nothing to add anymore, I think the topic ran its course for the time being, just wanted to thank you for your response! :)
I am sorry it took me so long to notice this thread.

I think what Garry said is probably correct. That the opportunities will present themselves.

Not to turn this around to be about me, but that was basically the advice I was given from my husband. There's something I feel really called to do, and I want to do it RIGHT NOW. I am an active person, and my husband is quite passive. But he says, when the time is right, if this is something God wants, then He will open the door. I got mad and frustrated, but he is actually wise to say that.

And as far as evangelizing.... you know, it's true that forcing beliefs down peoples' throats can be counterproductive. I was taught in Youth Group many ages ago, that sometimes it's best to just "Be a Barnabus". I haven't read the Bible in a while and I forgot who Barnabus was, but apparently he led by example. He was very effective that way. I think that quietly leading by example is quite underrated. Think about it-- when you are struggling, don't you think about someone you admire and try to guess what they would do in that situation?

Anyway I believe that God is LOVE and just by loving people and acting kindly, that is really the best way to spread the Holy Spirit.

Blessings to you!!
blue102 wrote: I was taught in Youth Group many ages ago, that sometimes it's best to just "Be a Barnabus". I haven't read the Bible in a while and I forgot who Barnabus was, but apparently he led by example. He was very effective that way.


Hi, blue. I have found some information about Barnabas in this article by Dan Lioy, PhD. It sounds as though this is the person you are referring to. Is this correct?
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Greetings, Prism and everyone! After my "death" I did not go to The Source. I flew up to Yahweh and thanked Him for allowing me this learning adventure in His World. I was supposed to move on to a new study of government styles with The Prime Integral, but loved Yahweh so greatly I asked to return. I am a member of an Angelican church. For 12 years I was virtually bedridden. What made me feel useful to God and a help to my fellow humans was to join an online Prayer service. Each day I signed on and the actual prayer request from the people in need appears. I prayed for as many as I couod manage per day. I wept a LOT for these people. Their situations helped me understand not only could I relate by experience, but they taught me how many blessings I did have, despite my disability. I felt closer and closer to God in this service. I also believe in just being the Christ example, let others notice I'm an agreeable Being they can trust and depend on, in case they need anything. I'm a storyteller, so I do tell folks about my NDEs. Usually they don't appear interested, so I stop. There are many paths to The Source. People will, or will not, decide to seek spiritual knowledge. Respect to that. My beloved brother calls me The Twig Snapper. "Sister, you've snapped your twig!" He doesn't believe my NDE stories and he's a lifelong Christian. That's his path. One NDEr came back and had been told,n"Just be the Light and Love that you are."
24 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron