Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I have a friend and when she was younger she was in a horrific car accident killing her then husband and 2 friends. She luckily survived but she has told me she suffers from random "life reviews". She described it as if she was talking to someone then all of sudden her life would start flashing before her eyes and after a few moments (not sure how long) she would regain full consciousness. I've tried to do research into this; however, I have only been able to find information on people's current NDE/Life Reviews and not ones after the initial experience. Does anyone have a similar experience or know where I can find more information on her random visions?

Thank you in advance,

Butters
Is she seeing her own life, the other persons' of the consequences of their interactions etc?
I'd need more details to even begin to attempt to "solve" such a puzzle.
My idea is to start with the assumption that there is a meaning to be found, then go find it!

This is the first I have heard of spontaneous life reviews. I'd appreciate it if someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't have a lot of details but she said she would she her full life in review (highlights) up to that current time. She said it would happen randomly and spoke to her doctor and he/she didn't believe her.
I'm sorry for her she has such a reductionist physician, maybe she could switch to one who practices homeopathy, acupuncture or the like in addition to traditional medicine. These people are hard to find but often have a significantly expanded world view as compared to the narrow minded materialist types.

OTOH, maybe her visions are being triggered by some physical phenomenon that she could try and identify. In that case it could well be that the physical problem is triggering the spiritual state. If that is so she could just keep silent about the visions and complain about a feeling of lightness in her head or problems with balance etc. Note I'm not suggesting she make up symptoms, but try to find out the circumstances that trigger the visions and describe her physical sensations only. Of course this would not work with the same physician, he has already formed a judgement. She'd need to get a second opinion from another.

NB: this isn't medical advice, I'm advising to seek medical help.
Did she have an nde plus life review at the time of the accident? If so, could the current spontaneous life reviews be relived memories of that initial life review? Like a recurrent dream?
Butters85 wrote: Hello everyone,

I have a friend and when she was younger she was in a horrific car accident killing her then husband and 2 friends. She luckily survived but she has told me she suffers from random "life reviews". She described it as if she was talking to someone then all of sudden her life would start flashing before her eyes and after a few moments (not sure how long) she would regain full consciousness. I've tried to do research into this; however, I have only been able to find information on people's current NDE/Life Reviews and not ones after the initial experience. Does anyone have a similar experience or know where I can find more information on her random visions?

Thank you in advance,

Butters

Hi, Butters, and welcome.

Based on Dennis' and Martina's questions, I was going to ask whether:

- your friend might have had a NDE at the time of the accident, or even a Shared Death Experience as described by Dr Raymond Moody.

Regarding the way the event occurs, I do see a similarity with the way flashbacks and déjà vus occur, which are phenomena that are already being researched by the medical community.

Of course, it would be nice if your friend were able and willing to personally post her experinces here herself.

As Dennis mentioned, we are not qualified to offer medical advice, but it is important your friend realises that scientific researchers and the medical community may already have an answer about what she is experiencing, what triggers it and, eventually be able to offer advice as to the best way to deal with it.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
It would be interesting to know which parts of the life review she is seeing. Maybe there is a message that is trying to be transmitted through it.
Butters85 wrote: Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance,

Butters

This may be somewhat helpful.

Prayer of Silence

The Prayer of Silence is built on the foundation of a Near Death Experience I had in 1966 after a serious industrial accident. That experience demonstrated in a convincing way that human consciousness is not tied to the body and that it can exist apart from the body. For many years after the NDE I wanted to re-enter that state of awareness because it put me in direct contact with areas of spiritual understanding which clarify much of what it is to be a human being.

It took many years and much searching before I finally discovered how to produce the Near Death consciousness in meditation and even longer how to teach others to do the same. The reason the Prayer of Silence is so effective is that it makes it possible for those who have not had a NDE to enter into the type of consciousness that experience makes possible. The Prayer of Silence also allows those who have had NDEs to enter again into that level of consciousness and benefit from the kind of transcendent awareness which underlies the NDE.

Most meditation methods have as their ultimate goal to achieve “moksha” or “satori” or some form of transcendent consciousness. They usually do this by finding ways of forcing the ordinary, everyday consciousness to retreat as the meditator repeats a mantra, a word or sound or series of words or chants, or by concentrating on the flame of a candle or the breath or on some bodily posture. The Prayer of Silence sidesteps these stages and, starting with a daily awareness exercise, progresses rapidly to an awareness of the transcendent state through a number of definite steps which use ordinary bodily consciousness as the basis for developing spiritual awareness.
8 posts Page 1 of 1