Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
20 posts Page 1 of 1
This article is a little bit long but it's worth reading. Enjoy.

"In the 1975 multimillion bestseller Life after Life, Raymond Moody, widely considered to be the father of Near-Death Experiences, provides a poignant portrayal of unconditional love and universal acceptance emanating from the frontier between this world and the next. Gone are portrayals of reward and punishment in the hereafter, replaced by transcendental experiences so enlivening that returning to the body is tantamount to death by comparison.1

In 1992 Betty Eadie’s popular Embraced by the Light cracked open the divide between death and the afterlife for millions more. Beyond death’s door she experienced a divine light more brilliant than the sun. She recognized the light as the very Jesus she had known in preexistence long before she experienced life on earth. As her light merged with the divine she felt an utter explosion of love and enlightenment. It was there she discovered that Eve had not fallen to temptation but had made a conscious decision to bring about the conditions necessary for progression to godhood.2

In 2004 Baptist pastor Don Piper added to the ever-growing corpus of information on life after life after his own resurrection from the dead. “Now,” writes Pastor Piper in his 90 Minutes in Heaven, “I can speak authoritatively about heaven from firsthand knowledge.”3 Among Piper’s firsthand discoveries were that the streets of heaven were really gold4 and that those who walked them were “old and young and every age in-between.”5 In fact, says Piper, “All of the people I encountered were the same age they had been last time I had seen them.”6 His grandfather still had the same “shock of white hair” and “big banana nose.”7 Most notably, as Piper revealed to a worldwide Christian television audience, because he has already died—and people only die once—Jesus will return within his very own lifetime.8

In 2006 Bill Wiese became a New York Times best-selling author with the release of 23 Minutes in Hell. Unlike the apostle Paul—who did not know whether he was in the body or apart from the body (2 Cor. 12:1–6)—God revealed to Bill that his twenty-three-minute trip involved a bona fide out-of-body experience. In hell, Wiese uncovered a wealth of extrabiblical information, including temperature (300 degrees/zero humidity); the location (center of the earth); reptilian-looking demons (some of whom are fifteen feet tall) who rule over and torture humans; rats the size of dogs; and snakes as big as trains.9

Newer revelations concerning life after life arrived in 2010 with the publication of Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back. In this multimillion publishing phenomenon—which stayed at no. 1 on the New York Times Best Seller List an astonishing forty-four consecutive weeks—Wesleyan pastor Todd Burpo tells the story of how his son Colton endured the equivalent of a near-death experience. Speaking “with the simple conviction of an eyewitness,” Colton reveals a God who looks like Gabriel, only larger, has blue eyes, yellow hair, and huge wings; a Jesus with sea-green-bluish eyes, brown hair, no wings, but with a rainbow-colored horse; and a Holy Spirit who is bluish but hard to see.10 In addition to interacting with the triune God during his three minutes in heaven, the three-year-old was afforded an opportunity to meet a host of biblical luminaries including John the Baptist, Samson, David, Peter, John the son of Zebedee, and the archangel Gabriel.11 Not only did he meet these Bible heroes, but as a direct “eyewitness” of heaven Colton was empowered to settle theological issues the church has struggled with throughout its history, received revelation superseding that of biblical prophets and apostles, and “had also been shown the future.”12

The quintessential near-death experience, however, did not surface until the 2012 mega-best-selling publication of Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife. “As arrogant as that might sound,” writes Dr. Eben Alexander, “I was allowed to die harder, and travel deeper, than almost all NDE subjects before me.” Indeed, says Dr. Alexander, “mine was in some ways a perfect storm of near- death experiences…a technically near-impeccable near-death experience, perhaps one of the most convincing such cases in modern history.” And through it he finally “understood what religion was really all about”: “You are loved and cherished, dearly, forever.” “You have nothing to fear.” “There is nothing you can do wrong.” “This,” writes Alexander, “is not only the single most important emotional truth in the universe, but also the single most important scientific truth as well.”13

The implications, of course, are profound. No matter what people do in this life, the single greatest truth is that unconditional love and joy awaits them in the life to come. Such is no doubt solace for the impenitent. After murdering his mother, twenty children, and six adults in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Connecticut, Adam Lanza murders himself and simply soars off on what Alexander romanticizes as “the wing of a butterfly.”14

Moreover, the “unconditionally loving God” he encountered during his near-death experience enabled Alexander to understand he was “part of the Divine.” Remarkably, by way of the Orb (Alexander’s personal guide and interpreter), “Om” (God) revealed mysteries that lie far beyond the reach of modern-day science and learning. “Through the Orb, Om told me that there is not one universe but many—in fact, more than I could conceive.” Not only so, but as revealed by Om, “the universe has no beginning or end.”15
In short, while subscribing to the reality that there is life after life, books such as Alexander’s Proof of Heaven and Burpo’s Heaven Is for Real paint entirely different and conflicting portraits of the afterlife. For Burpo, Jesus and his rainbow-colored pony are central. For Alexander, it is Om and the Orb. Indeed, had Alexander not discovered that the Orb was his birth sister Betsy, he may well have doubted the authenticity of “the whole new worldview” he was slowly building “and thus of the true existence of that entire realm.”16

Time and space permitting, many more revelations from beyond death’s door could be cited. For example, long before Bill Wiese had his hellish out- of-body experience, Jesus personally directed Mary K. Baxter on a forty-day tour of hell. In her bestseller titled A Divine Revelation of Hell, she tells of a place deep within the earth, shaped like a human being, where snakes and rats dwell, and where worms slither through ignited corpses.17 And subsequent to three-year-old Colton Burpo’s return from heaven, six-year-old Alex Malarkey traveled there as well. In the gripping New York Times bestseller titled The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles, Angels, and Life Beyond This World, Alex and his father, Kevin, tell “a true story” of “Alex’s direct experience with angels, demons, and, yes, the devil himself.”18 Along the way he encountered “one hundred and fifty pure, white angels with fantastic wings,”19 green demons with long fingernails and hair made of fire, and an earless devil, replete with three heads, a nasty nose, and moldy teeth. Like Colton, Alex was permitted to see God. But in sharp distinction, he was not permitted to see God’s face. Says Alex, “I was in the presence of God. He had a body that was like a human body, but it was a lot bigger. I could only see up to His neck because, like the Bible says, nobody is allowed to see God’s face or that person will die.”20

DISCERNMENT REQUIRED

And therein lies the dilemma. The subjective recollections of those who experience heaven via NDEs are wildly divergent and mutually contradictory—and seemingly informed by their preconceptions. Raymond Moody’s fixation on an eternity devoid of judgment is compatible with his occult predilections. Betty Eadie’s recognition of Jesus from life in the preexistence is consistent with her Mormon beliefs and background. Don Piper’s claim that Jesus will return within his own lifetime harmonizes well with his endtime presuppositions. Bill Wiese’s notion of reptilian-looking demons commissioned to torture humans as the caretakers of hell is consistent with medieval folklore and superstition. The Burpos’ extrabiblical revelations comport well with modern-day prophets who routinely foretell the future. Eben Alexander’s flights with “the Girl on the Butterfly Wing”21 align with his evolutionary preconceptions and his marginalization of sin and the need for the Savior. And, of course, the Malarkeys’ description of the Father with a humanlike body and a devil with three heads fits well with modern sensibilities respecting the ontology of God and angels."

Full article: http://www.equip.org/article/contradict ... periences/

If one is budist and sees a budist God, another one is muslim and sees a muslim God, the other is a new age person and sees a new age God, the other is a radical christian and sees a hell of fire and endless torments for sinners... Doesn't it look so confusing? Obviously, God is only one and He can't be different depending on one's religious views. What kind of discernment do YOU use when you read a near-death experience?
A near death experience is very personal to each individual.
We all have uniquely different lives and so our experiences will reflect that.
We are not a bunch of meaningless, robotic puppets.
We are loved for our differences.
Joshua wrote: Obviously, God is only one and He can't be different depending on one's religious views.

It depends where you're from ;) For Hindus and Buddhists there are many Gods.

I believe that God is not one, but the essence of all and everything, through and trough. I don't even have a word for it but it seems to me to be more an adjective than a noun.

So yes, I agree with ano, it is highly personal and individual.

I have the impression from reading NDE accounts that people pass through their own subconscious and will see and encounter all that's there. So whatever a person believes in and whatever their values are, that is what they will encounter - at least initially, as we don't know what happens when a person does not come back to their body.
During NDEs there is a lot of subjectivity and everyone projects (creates) images of the beings he wants to see. There was a shared NDE of three people who interacted with the same being and heard the same message, but each one saw the being dressed and with the face of the religious person in which they "believed". It seems this happens a lot because it diminishes anxiety. People calm down when they see "their" religious figure and "their" family loved ones. The images of the loved ones might be they themselves or they might be created by the experiencer or by other beings who want the experiencer to feel well
During my nde, I did not see anyone with a discernable face. Only shadowy forms of golden-yellow light.
I had no idea at that point, where I was, or what had happened to me to cause this situation. I did not see any past relatives.
I was able to very clearly communicate, simply by communicating back and forth with this intelligence.
Initially, I was somewhat uncomfortable, as I did not understand where I was. It was unlike any other place I had ever been. But, I quickly realized I was safe, loved and cared about.
I loved communicating and being informed of knowledge. I felt a very 'sacred sense of being', while present with this intelligence. This feeling remains within me to this day. It is a huge part of who I am.
That`s a beautiful experience. Would you like to share the knowledge you received?
I'll tell you some of my criteria.

I believe there's heaven and hell. I believe in forgiveness if there's true repentance. God is very patient, but that doesn't mean he'll abstain from judgement. Everyone will be judged by Him. I don't believe in any kind of new age messengers - like Raymond Moody, Eben Alexander, Betty Eadie, Anita Moorjani and others. I believe Jesus is the model and the one we should follow in living our daily lives. I don't believe any big revelation regarding theological or philosophical questions will be answered in near death experiences. Experiencers are not prophets. Experiences are very subjective, but I don't believe the afterlife is subjective to each one - there are rules which are the same and apply the same way for everyone. Some people considered to be 'good people' in men's society are considered wicked in the eyes of God, some people who are poorly judged by men are considered righteous in the eyes of God. (Or, as Jesus put it, "The last will be the first, the first will be the last.")
Joshua,
I understand everything you have written. I will never claim to be any sort of prophet. I was only gone for maybe; thirteen to fifteen minutes. But, I did have a very real experience, with a very real God.

Dinah,
I was not allowed to return with most of the knowledge I received. I think it would hamper my time here. I don't think that knowledge is intended for human life.
I do, have a memory of knowing... all there is to know. The main message given to me, was, "It's all about Love."
Joshua wrote: Obviously, God is only one and He can't be different depending on one's religious views.

This is an Apple ( In English )

This is the word Apple ( in English ) Apple

This is the word Apple ( in French ) pomme

This is the word Apple ( in Dutch ) appel

This is the word Apple ( in Arabic ) تفاحة

They all refer to the same Apple

They are all pronounced differently

They are all spelled differently

BUT

They are all referencing the same Apple

Does the fact that they are referenced differently, or spelled differently make the apple taste different ?

If I was blind and could only see the apple by touching it but I had been taught by someone I trust that this is an APPLE

Would it taste different to me.....

Genesis 11:1-9

New International Version (NIV)

The Tower of Babel

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.

2 As people moved eastward,

1. they found a plain in Shinar
  2. and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar.

4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building.

6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.

7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city.

9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Historically, the ability to name or possess the name of something (biblically in particular a demon) is portion of the ability to have power over it.

Just the ability to give name to someone (eg, in bullying) has show to have devastating power even to the point of initiating suicide.
Garry wrote: Genesis 11:1-9

To become a translator I had to read a book by George Steiner called After Babel. But the purpose of my comment here was actually slightly different. I always felt there was a synchronicity between the Babel Tower story and the events of September 11th, when people from I believe 63 different Countries were killed, but this is the first time I also notice a synchronicity in the numbering of the biblical reference. Irrespective of that, I love the “apple” example, Garry!
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Please let me clarify my post of Nov. 25. (I should not type when tired, but I always do).
Firstly,
I communicated back and forth with the intelligence.
Secondly,
I felt a very scared sense of being', while present with this intelligence. This feeling remains within me to this day. It is a huge part of who I am.
The word 'scared' was a typo...it was supposed to be sacred, as in a high degree of reverence. I had typed scared - very different meaning. There was nothing scary about my experience. It was amazing.
ano1 wrote: Please let me clarify my post of Nov. 25.

Hi, Ano. I edited your post as far as one of the points you mention as soon as I read your PM, and before reading your clarifications here. So I went back and edited the other point too. No worries. One can only be grateful to whoever comes here to share their understanding after a long and tiring day. Now you have had a chance to stress your point twice. Even typos can be a blessing in disguise. Thank you as always for your precious contribution. :F
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
ano1 wrote: Joshua,
I understand everything you have written. I will never claim to be any sort of prophet. I was only gone for maybe; thirteen to fifteen minutes. But, I did have a very real experience, with a very real God.

Dinah,
I was not allowed to return with most of the knowledge I received. I think it would hamper my time here. I don't think that knowledge is intended for human life.
I do, have a memory of knowing... all there is to know. The main message given to me, was, "It's all about Love."

ano1,

I don't have any reason to believe you're lying, and I hope you're right. It has marked you so profoundly, it seems. Regarding the part of "It's all about love", I think life is too complex to be considered only in the aspect of love. Everyone needs to be somewhat reserved and suspicious, because if you are loving with everyone, you'll experience lots of rejection. If you act with love towards an evil person, you'll surely be abused. I believe love is something too good and too precious, you only give it to people who are special for you. But love can also be understood in a way of being compassionate towards the unlucky ones, the poor, the sick, etc. This is the kind of love God talks about I suppose... and this is the meaning of 'love' in a religious term. God talks to us about love, but He counts with our discernment... I remember another message given to an experiencer... God told her that "giving up is not an option. life is supposed to be hard" (She tried to commit suicide and went to a kind of purgatory or hellish place).

But I believe you really have seen something from the other side...
Giulia,
Thanks, for catching the spelling error. You are a sweetheart. ano
ano1 wrote: Giulia,
Thanks, for catching the spelling error. You are a sweetheart. ano

Check out Grammarly You will be happy you did.......

I just love it for fixing my spelling and grammar mistakes

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Joshua,
I have never felt compelled to try to convince anyone to believe my experience. I had the experience. I know it to be real and life changing. No one else has to believe. It was a gift for me, and is simply a fact. A fact that affects and tempers my everyday.
I look to make positive encounters with others, even if, just in passing. No, I don't always succeed, sometimes I fail miserably, but I strive daily. In fact, I feel most valuable during such times.
It seems that many people confuse romance, with love. Of course there is romantic love; but, deep, real love, with mankind, is not about that type of love. God talks of loving one another. We are to love our neighbors as ourselves...not an easy mandate. I felt this kind of love during my nde... and understood how powerfully loved, I am. Just the thought of it makes me feel guided, peaceful and content. If I am that loved... I should try to love, forgive, and be kind, as well.
THanks, Garry.
The perception of an Omnipresence or disassociation to Homosapians is a vantage point, I did not realize. The individuals near, were all strangers, which, (like myself), were following the instructions from a group of, "management". The memory of defiance, and hope, empowered myself to plead with the others for a "mutiny". I was the only one who got up and left the group, who were leaving with our, "management". This lone existence, within the ethereal void, provided a sense of understanding, which remains with me today. Will or Strength of character, is unproven; however, this unique energy has unequivocally altered my perception of life.
Forever, is ever seen, for you alone.
When reading NDEs I prefer to base my reading on a hugely important scientific principle known as suspension of judgment:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_judgment

When listening to people its the same thing really, I don't judge them, I don't attempt to make their story fit any previous narrative (Biblical or otherwise). It is their story and they are relating it to me in the best way they know how.

I see these seemingly conflicting narratives as pieces of one big puzzle. Each piece has its place and, if it doesn't appear to fit now, it will most certainly fit once the puzzle is complete. The trick is not to get hung up on a literal reading but to see through the words to the essence of their meaning. We will probably never be able to 'capture' that essence in writing, art or any human expression but we will eventually be able to come up with a better and better map of the territory. No map, however accurate, will ever become the territory, but it will become an increasingly more useful navigational aid for understanding the territory.
20 posts Page 1 of 1