Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm from Belgium and my mothertongue is dutch. So, it can be that I make some language mistakes. Sorry for that.

I'm very intriguied by NDE's, like many of you, and I wonder what it means when 'Beings of Light' say to the experiencers: "you still have a task to do".
But they never seem tot be specific about it.

Would it not be nice to be able to give some feedback to the Beings like: 'it would help me to fulfill my task if I know or remember my task while I'm back in my body.'

What is your opinion about that?
Hello Maarten and welcome! Your English is very good, don't worry about it :)

You raise a good question, which I have thought about as well. I don't have any definitive answers, just some speculations.

Maybe consciously remembering your purpose is not necessary. Maybe it is more about a gut feeling that kicks in at certain times in your life, a knowing that "this is what I have to do now". Maybe a premature conscious awareness of it could create a situation where your personality might try to interfere with your "task".

I read in an account of a medium who was channeling her spirit guide that some people only come here to smile at a passing stranger on the street, altering the stranger's life forever because of this simple, small act of kindness. Knowing this beforehand would not make much sense, as you would then probably constantly walk around wondering who it is you are supposed to smile at :D

Or, maybe remembering your purpose is part of the purpose. What I mean is, maybe it is necessary to evolve to a certain point of awareness to be able to remember what you came here for in order to be able to do what you came here for. Does that make sense?

My feeling is, it is the former. I don't think it is necessary to know. You will instinctively know what to do when you get there. Until then, everything else happening in your life is a preparation for it.
Welcome, MarteenV! :F

I agree with Martina about your English and I also find her reply very interesting.

You might wish to read through a post Garry made a little while ago: NDE's and the Purpose of Life. I felt it was food for thought when I came across it.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Martina wrote: Hello Maarten and welcome! Your English is very good, don't worry about it :)

You raise a good question, which I have thought about as well. I don't have any definitive answers, just some speculations.

Maybe consciously remembering your purpose is not necessary. Maybe it is more about a gut feeling that kicks in at certain times in your life, a knowing that "this is what I have to do now". Maybe a premature conscious awareness of it could create a situation where your personality might try to interfere with your "task".

I read in an account of a medium who was channeling her spirit guide that some people only come here to smile at a passing stranger on the street, altering the stranger's life forever because of this simple, small act of kindness. Knowing this beforehand would not make much sense, as you would then probably constantly walk around wondering who it is you are supposed to smile at :D

Or, maybe remembering your purpose is part of the purpose. What I mean is, maybe it is necessary to evolve to a certain point of awareness to be able to remember what you came here for in order to be able to do what you came here for. Does that make sense?

My feeling is, it is the former. I don't think it is necessary to know. You will instinctively know what to do when you get there. Until then, everything else happening in your life is a preparation for it.

Yes Martina, it makes sense: I'm adopted by white people and my skincolor is brown. I think I can connect brown skinned people with white people in my own city:-). I see that as my purpose in life. To bring people of different origines together. That's in me. (cfr. Obama).
Giulia wrote: Welcome, MarteenV! :F

I agree with Martina about your English and I also find her reply very interesting.

You might wish to read through a post Garry made a little while ago: NDE's and the Purpose of Life. I felt it was food for thought when I came across it.

Thank you for this link, Giulia. I will certainly read it!
MaartenV wrote: Thank you for this link, Giulia. I will certainly read it!

You are welcome Maarten and apologies for mis-spelling your name! :A
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hello, Maarten! You do indeed bring up a question which perplexed me, as well. I complain to those "Guys Up There" all the time. I resent and refuse to learn lessons. I'm human, I was born here. Now i am supposed to do tasks? Says who? What I recall from my NDEs and reading many NDEs and Past Life testimony from People in hypnotic regression is that our Souls choose missions and service work here. We are programmed with Prompts (Guideposts) to help guide us to the right people/places where our Soul wants or needs to be. I am a rebellious person who cancelled all my contracts. You can, and you can bypass lessons, too. I am sick and nearly incapacitated, so I refuse to do more work, nor do I appreciate the idea of Karma. I can see and recall past lives, and I see I am a Good Soul. I pray a lot. You are supposed to be "veiled" so your Soul, encased in a Human body, can stumble around looking for your misdion. Well, I say, do good whenever and wherever you can! I'm not veiled. I don't like video holographic games. We are all programmed to do what you're supposed to do anyway! Your intuition will tell you what you can/should do . . .you can bet it will be to learn or to help. We all appreciate a little kindness, says the Dalai Llama! <---- Sp?
MaartenV wrote: Yes Martina, it makes sense: I'm adopted by white people and my skincolor is brown. I think I can connect brown skinned people with white people in my own city:-). I see that as my purpose in life. To bring people of different origines together. That's in me. (cfr. Obama).

I think that's a great thing you're doing there! The world needs you and your work, no doubt.
My idea is that it has to do with two very important principles. Those are: Free will and power.

Angelic beings, God, Jesus and those entities we tend to put in those categories (perhaps from other religions) potentially have awesome power over our lives. This power is only kept in check because they all respect the free will of all other creatures 100%.

In order to do this it is imperative they do not "burden" us with their wisher or desires. By projecting their idea of our future on to us they would very effectively be limiting our free will.

The negative examples abound all around us in the way parents all too often abuse their power by projecting their own wishes (and unfulfilled desires) upon their children. The power difference between a parent and a child is very real and extremely potent. It ends up forcing the child into a mold that would never have fit if the child had been absolutely free. Ask any psychologist which percentage of their clientele suffers from such parental complexes. Its huge! Everyone knows a depressed person who gave up their true calling to become a lawyer or a dentist when they really wanted to get into art or sports for example.

In theology this can be extrapolated to God through the principle known (well, to theologians anyway!) as "kenosis"; this means that God deliberately creates a safe space for us where he (excuse the irrelevant male pronoun) consciously limits his own power to create room for our independent development.
The reason why they tell you that you still have a task, is because life here is difficult and in the non physical dimension you feel only love, and you would like to stay there.

But they don´t tell you which is the task, because it is anyway programmed and you will be involved in it. But it is important that you don´t know the future so that you feel you have your free will, and that you live everything as though it would be "new" and not programmed. It is your fresh experience what is important and this experience allows your consciousness to evolve and grow.
Hello, Dinah! Your kind comment is appreciated. I happen to be one of those NDErs who knows exactly what's going to happen to me.. I remember pre-lives, rehearsals, LBLs, my own future and all Timeline arrays. I hate it here. And I don't consider myself to have free will, as it is all programmed.

Not a happy camper. I yell Upstairs all the time. * chuckle*
11 posts Page 1 of 1