Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
They..........didn't believe me!
You...........should stay quiet!
I................don't look at the world the same way!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I've had a NDE and several OBE's and I struggle so much now with feeling 'pleasurable' things like I did before. I wonder if others have or are experiencing this. I remember that in what seems like a former life..I used to like smoking a little marijuana but now I see it as useless as nothing compares to the feeling that I experienced when I had an NDE and my OBEs. Relationships don't seem the same either, as I can see that there really is no love..it's just all circumstantial and fickle..so I don't invest as much feelings anymore. I've learned to enjoy subtle things more..like a dark winter's day or quiet evening when the stars are bright in the sky..just wonder if other's may have similar experiences.
Sounds like you have been shown an alternate possible reality as contrast.

But, you have been allowed the opportunity to try to make this current reality into what you really desire or value.

Lucky you !
Thanks Ray for bringing attention to the positive twist. I could only see the negative.
michellekia wrote: I've learned to enjoy subtle things more..like a dark winter's day or quiet evening when the stars are bright in the sky..just wonder if other's may have similar experiences.

Hi, michellekia. So nice to see you around.

Now that you mention saying that you were only focusing on the negatives in your opening post, I am surprised, as, when I read the lines I have just quoted I noticed how precious this ability is, to enjoy the subtle things more! Isn't that what most of us are unable to do, because we are too busy regretting the past and fearing the future?

When you mention not investing in feelings so much any more, I guess I see what you mean. It can be heart-breaking at times and also lead to conflict whenever we misunderstand what's actually going on with other people's feelings, especially those of our loved ones.

I know many NDErs suffer from the heaviness of earthly life when they come back. These after-effects seem to be the price most have to pay for having had a glimpse of pure bliss.

I did not realise you had had a NDE. Have you written an account of it somewhere? I'd love to hear more about it!
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
michellekia,

For me, it took a very long time to begin to feel somewhat, honestly-connected to this place again. I'm talking years. With that said, I will never be fully here. This, I know.
Having children helped to connect me. But, still, I know how you feel. Since my return, I have never felt the same intense love and connection to this place. Much of the time, everything seems quite superficial. But, I know I need to love and care about others, this helps to re-connect. It is work, but, it is worth it.
Obviously, we are supposed to be here...we returned. I think we have an obligation of sorts, to engage with this world and grow with it.
Somewhere, along the line, I realized...it isn't about me. I think I am supposed to be important to others, even if, just in little ways. In the end, we all will be together and I think we need to begin on earth -- by realizing we are all important to the whole.
Hope this isn't too rambling and makes some sort of sense.
Thanks for your response guys. I have posted about my NDE and a couple of my OBE's.

I try my best to make connections without the fear of attachment. I'm sure there is a reason as a whole that we are all here and it will all make sense one day. :) :)
As a very long term traveler i can honestly say my life has been enhanced by all i have done and experienced. But then discipline plays a strong part. I didnt ever allow distration to drive my life. The views....experiences...are strong but its also a factor of the test to see if you can handle the wider viewing angle.

I would venture to suggest a good grip on focal aspects of life.....purpose and goals...would go a long way to sorting out your problems.

You are here at Gaia's invitation. Make it worth it.
Thanks visitor

I still struggle with my feelings of how this life has no purpose which sometimes turns into anger and resentment of what I perceive as a 'waste of fake time'. I'm now calm in regards to what I have experienced and just see it simply as getting to see other realms..and I now feel very grateful and fortunate for the experiences. Thanks for sharing.
Michellekia:
I still struggle with my feelings of how this life has no purpose which sometimes turns into anger and resentment of what I perceive as a 'waste of fake time'.

I hope it helps (in some small way) to know that I understand this feeling.
...It takes time. I know one day you will be stronger and more confident about the after effects.
9 posts Page 1 of 1